Any New Info about the Disney Treasure?

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. I'm OBSESSED with HM and my sail date is in January 2025 which means ALLLLL THE MERCH WILL NOT BE GONNNNNNNNNNNNNE. I'm so so so so excited.

like literally when we sail next week we are having a family HM dress up day on Nov 3.
How early in January though cause I’d bet by the first or second sailing post inaugural they will be gone
Also wondering what ideas they are throwing around for this space on the 3rd Triton class ship. Big Thunder Saloon? Pirates' Galley? Mad Tea Party? Trader Sam's at sea?
Same… I think once we know the name maybe guessing can start?

The Galactic Starcruiser is not the Hyperspace Lounge on the Wish. It's the shuttered Star Wars hotel at Disney World.

The Galactic Starcruiser is not the Hyperspace Lounge on the Wish. It's the shuttered Star Wars hotel at Disney World.
Missed that! I dunno…I think there are a lot more Star Wars fans than there are Disney super-fans who would go to a Haunted Mansion resort experience. And I say that as a big lover of Haunted Mansion!

How early in January though cause I’d bet by the first or second sailing post inaugural they will be gone

Same… I think once we know the name maybe guessing can start?
I assume you mean maiden, not inaugural :)

We're on the first non-maiden Eastern sailing Jan 18th. The 4th sailing overall. Not too sure I agree that all the merch will be gone by sailing number 4. We were on the .....5th or 6th post maiden on the wish and had no issues with merch and that was a lot crazier. Including all the star wars glassware.

First Look at New Disney Treasure ‘Moana’ Show

Today, I’m excited to share more details about “Disney The Tale of Moana,” which will debut exclusively at the Walt Disney Theatre onboard the Disney Treasure cruise ship in December 2024. With set design and music bursting with elements of Pacific Islands culture that inspires the classic coming-of-age tale, this innovative production will immerse audiences in a transformational adventure across land and sea.

Read on for more details and a sneak peek of how “Disney The Tale of Moana” will come to life in the first stage adaptation inspired by the Walt Disney Animation Studios film.

Towering Puppets Take Stage

To create puppetry that soars to mythical heights, Disney Live Entertainment creative director of puppetry and articulation, Jeff Conover, teamed up with master puppet designer Michael Curry, whose creations are featured in Disney’s Tony Award-winning musical “The Lion King” on Broadway. The massive, fiery Te Kā will be a puppet of a scale Disney Cruise Line has never before produced. When Moana meets Te Kā and restores the heart of Te Fiti, the giant Te Kā puppet will shed its fiery shell and become the gentle island goddess, Te Fiti herself.

Practice Your “Warrior Face”

Moana and Maui will perform the song “Warrior Face” for the first time in the stage show when the demigod teaches Moana how to face her fears before entering the Realm of the Monsters to face Tamatoa. “Warrior Face” will join classic favorites from the Grammy-Award winning soundtrack in the stage show, including “You’re Welcome,” “We Know The Way” and “How Far I’ll Go.”

Setting the Scene in “An Innocent Warrior”

Setting the Scene in “Innocent Warrior” from “Disney The Tale of Moana” coming to the Disney Treasure

“Disney The Tale of Moana” will begin in modern day on the fictional island of Motunui, in a set design filled with hints of brilliant cultures of the Pacific Islands that will appear throughout the show. The spirit of Gramma Tala, our narrator, will introduce her granddaughter, while through vibrant dance and songs in a mix of languages including Tuvaluan, Tokelauan and Samoan, we will learn how the ocean chooses young Moana for an incredible journey to restore the heart of Te Fiti.

Transforming The Walt Disney Theatre in “How Far I’ll Go”

Transforming The Walt Disney Theatre in “How Far I’ll Go” from “Disney The Tale of Moana” coming to the Disney Treasure

In this iconic scene, The Walt Disney Theatre will transform from the island of Motunui into the open ocean as Moana’s journey moves from her home to the great voyage that she’s longed for her entire life. Twinkling stars will swirl overhead and a giant, glowing manta ray will emerge and soar above the audience as a newfound sense of courage fills Moana. The manta ray is the spirit of Gramma Tala, illuminating the way for Moana on her journey to save her people.

This show looks stunning, and I cannot wait to see Moana’s incredible story unfold in a new way on the Disney Treasure! “Disney The Tale of Moana” will join a dazzling lineup of fan-favorite shows like “Beauty and the Beast” and “Disney Seas the Adventure” in the Walt Disney Theatre.

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more details about the Disney Treasure as we count down the days until it sets sail in December 2024.

We are DVC…booking 11 months out for Park time before our January Treasure Cruise. We are hoping for on time Maiden Voyage. Is the consensus that it will be on time?

We are DVC…booking 11 months out for Park time before our January Treasure Cruise. We are hoping for on time Maiden Voyage. Is the consensus that it will be on time?
I would hope that DCL learned from the Wish release and won't have the same delay. I would assume they'll be on time this time but there's always a chance of delay

Treasure won't have the COVID supply chain disruptions/labor force restrictions that the shipbuilder had to fight though with Wish when building Treasure. If they're late Meyer Werft will be only a few days late (based on my experience with German shipyards). I fully expect Treasure to meet her maiden voyage schedule

We are also booked for the Treasure in January. We booked the January 11th cruise. I'm pretty confident that they will make the schedule for the Maiden Voyage this time around. We were on the Wish MV that got delayed. Didn't really matter to us as we are retired and local. Similarly, if the Treasure does get delayed it won't make much difference to us either.

Treasure won't have the COVID supply chain disruptions/labor force restrictions that the shipbuilder had to fight though with Wish when building Treasure. If they're late Meyer Werft will be only a few days late (based on my experience with German shipyards). I fully expect Treasure to meet her maiden voyage schedule
DCL also was out a ton of money because they had to give FCCs to everyone that was on the maiden voyage that was canceled (in addition to full refunds). It also gave them a lot of bad publicity. I would guess they are doing everything in their power to avoid that happening again, especially with such a high profile (and expensive!) maiden voyage over Christmas . . .

I would guess they are doing everything in their power to avoid that happening again, especially with such a high profile (and expensive!) maiden voyage over Christmas . . .
I would not be surprised if the schedule for the Treasure had it ready to cruise well before Thanksgiving, but Disney added plenty of slack to the schedule to ensure that it's ready to go.

I would not be surprised if the schedule for the Treasure had it ready to cruise well before Thanksgiving, but Disney added plenty of slack to the schedule to ensure that it's ready to go.
I agree, since if you compare some of the milestones for the Wish and the Treasure they’re at a similar time of year, but the Wish sailed in July? August? And the Treasure isn’t sailing until December. It gives them several more months to complete her fully.

Does anyone know what will be in the place of Nightingales on the Treasure? Based on all of the releases it does not seem like this space has been covered.
I haven't seen anything on the theming of Nightingales or Triton Lounge. Of course, that second one isn't a theme so much as the name of a generic-looking room, so maybe that won't change. They are Triton class ships after all.

Does anyone know what will be in the place of Nightingales on the Treasure? Based on all of the releases it does not seem like this space has been covered.
It wouldn't really fit with the theme if it was another Soul Cat Lounge, but what do we know

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter