• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any OCTOBER guests received FP+ testing invite?

I just did our Fast Pass+ selections for our trip Oct 13-Oct19, staying at Pop.

Earlier today, I realized I hadn't received an email confirming my final payment was applied so I called and while on the phone the CM said all of Pop would be testing through October 31, but that we wouldn't receive information about FP+ or the bands until 20 days before our trip. Then low and behold while on the phone with her I was able to see the FP+ options. She was baffled, but said not to expect any word on the bands until 20 days out and that we will receive a postal letter plus an email.

The system is being funky (what else is new), but I was able to get 3 per day for our five park days.

SO EXCITED!

On a whim and out of pure excitement I checked the site today. I have not received an email or a postal letter, but I had the link to personalize my wristbands as "promised" above.

There was a note saying I had until September 12th to complete any personalizations on the website and a countdown to that date.

I'm really bummed about not being part of the test. We're staying at WL 10/27-11/2. We had originally booked POR but switched for FD.

We are at Pop from Oct. 23-28 and were able to customize our bands and pick FP this past Friday!!!! We are so excited!!! For the MNSSHP I just picked three FP from 4pm-7pm since they stop at 7.

I just ordered my wristbands! We are staying at AoA 10/29-11/2 :banana: :cool1:
Did you recieve an e-mail first? My trip starts 5 days after yours (November 3rd) so hopefully I will get the option soon. How did you know? Did the "Manage Wristbands" change to "Customize"?

We are at Pop from Oct. 23-28 and were able to customize our bands and pick FP this past Friday!!!! We are so excited!!! For the MNSSHP I just picked three FP from 4pm-7pm since they stop at 7.

That is brilliant! You just blew my mind, I totally had not thought of that!! Did you already link your MNSSHP tickets?

I just read this message about an October watch and decided to check to see if I was offered a Magic band! Yes we were and they are being shipped to us in October. We are going 12 nights October 30th thru November 11th. So excited they let us pick our color of choice and we chose (pink, blue and green) and then we got to customize the name on the bands! So cool.

I just read this message about an October watch and decided to check to see if I was offered a Magic band! Yes we were and they are being shipped to us in October. We are going 12 nights October 30th thru November 11th. So excited they let us pick our color of choice and we chose (pink, blue and green) and then we got to customize the name on the bands! So cool.
How did you find out?

Did you put the TR in front of the 10 digit ticket one (like it shows on the ticket), or did you just put in the numerical part? How soon after you booked with travelocity did you link it? Does your room ressie say "room only" anywhere on your email or MDE? Mine says something like POR RR only standard view. I can't figure out why mine won't work and yours did, esp since I've even called Disney SO many times and they told me I won't be able to link them. :confused3
I would love to get it linked so I can take advantage of fastpass +.
I used just numbers, and I made my reservation August 1 and just did the FP and bands this weekend. My ressie doesn't say room only either on my email or MDE (I'll double check).

Did Disney tell you that you can't link your hotel reservations or that you can't link your tickets? Did you buy tickets through travelocity?

I registered on line at the disney world website for the Magical express I think it is called where you make dining reservations and link your resort reservations. I did this 2 months ago. When you sign on in the left hand column there is an icon for Magic bands. I clicked this icon a couple weeks ago and it said it is not available, only select people will be offered. Then I just checked again and it said they would be sending three bands to me and let me customize. Let me check the exact way I did it and repost.

It is on the top right of the site My Magical Experiences is what you click. The top one. Then you sign on and click on the magic bands and see if you are offered bands or not.

Sorry it is "My Disney Experience" then sign in then click on magic bands and see what it says. If it is offered you simply request to have them send them to you and then customize.

I used just numbers, and I made my reservation August 1 and just did the FP and bands this weekend. My ressie doesn't say room only either on my email or MDE (I'll double check).

Did Disney tell you that you can't link your hotel reservations or that you can't link your tickets? Did you buy tickets through travelocity?

My hotel ressie popped up almost immediately on MDE without me even doing anything. Disney says I can't link my tickets bc their system doesn't recognize my travelocity number. I just tried again tonight....I called travelocity, asked to be connected to a us call center, then asked the person to call Disney while I was on hold. She did, but came back and said CM told her travelocity tix can not be linked to MDE bc the system is new and doesn't recognize the numbers.
I booked with travelocity Aug. 9th for our Oct. 5th trip.

My hotel ressie popped up almost immediately on MDE without me even doing anything. Disney says I can't link my tickets bc their system doesn't recognize my travelocity number. I just tried again tonight....I called travelocity, asked to be connected to a us call center, then asked the person to call Disney while I was on hold. She did, but came back and said CM told her travelocity tix can not be linked to MDE bc the system is new and doesn't recognize the numbers.
I booked with travelocity Aug. 9th for our Oct. 5th trip.
I wonder if the tickets I see on MDE (that allowed me to book FP+ and personalize magic bands) are a remnant from the package I booked (and cancelled) with Disney after booking again through travelocity.

I canceled the Disney package over a week ago and was fully refunded my deposit. If my tickets on MDE are a remnant...well, I'm past the date I needed to pay for my trip in full and obviously haven't, and I know it takes a little time for Disney to actually cancel ressies that aren 't paid for. SO, maybe my tickets etc. will 'disappear' from MDE in a day or two. But I did chose the 'link my tickets' option and put in my confirmation number from travecity, so maybe it worked.

I will find out soon, lol.

Just realized that it was rumored that all POR guests staying in Mid to late October would be given the Magic bands on the unofficial POR website. So, it was not really random it would seem everyone staying at the hotel during this time will be offered the band. They said Wilderness resort will be next given the same opportunity in the next few months after October. At least this is what this website said.

We live in Argentina, South America. Visiting the world in 47 days. Staying at POP, 3 different families, only one kid. We all have been granted Magic Bands and FP+ were already selected for the length of our stay, no issues at all. This time we booked through a local Disney's authorized travel agent (rooms, tickets and DP).

We did online checkin a couple of weeks ago. The bands showed up 3 days ago after I changed something for the online checkin (changed arrival time).

It seems that POP guests are getting lucky, I have a friend going next month to ASMo and no luck with the bands yet.

Ok, so now I'm confused. PP+ is now being used on the MB? I didn't know this was live yet, thought it was "in the future it will" kind of thing. I've preordered ours and have the voucher here at the house to take to get our card....so they'll put this on mine or both our MBs? Ours have been customized for our trip but haven't shipped.

I'm confused about that part, too. :confused3 I'm in your same situation.

The IT person I spoke with said that it would be included on my band. I have not purchased my PP+ yet. But, he did say that everything I add on will be automatically be added onto my band. He also said that if we had purchased before and had it associated with our MDE account, it will already be included on the encryption of the MB when we get it. I would bring all necessary paperwork just in case either way. But, he said for sure we will not have the red card for PP+ like I did last year.

I have reservations at AoA Sept 30-Oct 6. I just checked on MDE. I looked under my account and clicked on Magic Bands. It said I had 5 days left to customize. If I hadn't seen this thread, I wouldn't have known about it since I didn't get an email about the bands.

Wasn't able to make Fast Pass Plus reservations though. Am I right in thinking you need to have your tickets linked to MDE before you can do
FP Plus?

I went to DW's website and signed in to My Disney Experience (MDE). If you don't have a MDE account, sign up for one.

When on the WDW site, scroll over the MDE link and select "reservations" in the drop down menu...that gives you hotel, ticket, dining res's, and under "disney resort hotel reservations' there's a 'link a resort reservation' option. When I clicked on the 'link a resort' option, I was asked for a confirmation # and my last name. I used the confirmation # travelocity sent me and my last name of course ;). My reservation was linked up right away.

Linking my tickets took a few more 'clicks' in the system. Under MDE "reservations", I clicked on 'link my tickets". That leads you to a page that lists three options for claiming tickets...as I bought mine via travelocity with my hotel, which meant I would be picking up my tickets at the 'will call' desk upon arrival. So I clicked on the 'will call' option after selecting 'link my tickets'. Again,I used the confirmation # from travelocity and the system found my tickets and after a few hours, they were visible when I went to MDE and looked at my reservations.

I linked that up a week or so ago (both hotel and tickets). I waited until this weekend to select fastpass + rides and personalize magic bands (and as I go in early Oct, I'm in a four-day-window to personalize the bands as of tonight). But both the fastpass and band options were available on Disney via MDE after linking my non-Disney reservations...and as someone who works in communications for a fairly large organziation and who works very closely with our Web team, the functionality of Disney's web experience is pretty jdkfa;jk; amazing.

Thanks so much for the response!

Ok, this may be the dumbest question of the day, but I've had a rough day, so I'll just go for it........

We're staying at WL 10/19-10/26, so I'm not expecting Magic Bands (although I am pouting a bit). BUT, will I be eligible for FP+? :confused3 Or is that only for Magic Band folks? If I will be eligible for FP+, when might that open up on MDE? :confused:

Sorry if this has been covered already, but big thanks in advance for any assistance! :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter