any of the sequels any good?

D23Ry

Mouseketeer
Just watched Bambi tonight, and one of the trailers was Bambi 2 on bluray. Curious if anyone has seen any of the direct to video sequels and how are they? horrible???

Just watched Bambi tonight, and one of the trailers was Bambi 2 on bluray. Curious if anyone has seen any of the direct to video sequels and how are they? horrible???

Bambi II os one of the few sequels I own. I also enjoyed Brother bear II

The Lion King sequels were not bad, and the Beauty and the Beast christmas movie was also good, I kinda liked the 3rd Cinderella film, but the little mermaid sequels were horrible.

Im glad they never made The Nightmare Before Easter :scared1: .

I have limited experience with sequels. I have both of the Aladdin sequels and while they aren't bad as stories, the animation is more akin to what you'd see on tv rather than the highly detailed work Disney is known for. That's how I remember them anyway, haven't watched them in many years. The Toy Story sequels are excellent, but I'd pass on the rest unless you have a child who is especially enamored with a particular character or story.:earsboy:

The Toy Story sequels are excellent, but I'd pass on the rest unless you have a child who is especially enamored with a particular character or story.:earsboy:
I'd generally agree with the above.

I have seen, I'd say, 90% of the Disney sequels. They're good if you just want more Disney movies to watch, but none are amazing, nor do they really stand up to their originals. I enjoyed Peter Pan II and Lady and the Tramp II (I found the songs to be pretty good). The Rescuers Down Under I liked as a child, but I haven't seen in quite a long time.

You're not enjoying your childhood years if you weren't able to watch any disney movies. I've been through it and I'm so happy that I enjoyed my childhood.

I like Lion King 2, Little Mermaid 2 and Aladdin 3.

There's also the Toy Story sequels but that pretty much goes without saying. xD

I HATED Hunchback 2 and Pocahontas 2. They were terrible.

I like Return of Jafar. The Toy Story sequels were great. Toy Story 3 is easily the best out of them. In fact, Toy Story is a rare trilogy where each film is better than the last.

The Rescuers Down Under was good.

Fievel Goes West was good. (Oh Wait... that's Universal)

I HATED Hunchback 2 and Pocahontas 2. They were terrible.

I also hated Pocahontas 2 as well. It completely destroyed the original film and I prefer to pretend that that sequel never happened!

Besides, who cares about history?! Movies are for entertainment, not education!

The only ones I thought were worth it (haven't seen Bambi II) are:

Aladdin: Return of Jafar
Aladdin and the King of Thieves
Belle's Enchanted Christmas

I also had Little Mermaid II (got rid of that) and Cinderella II (got rid of that one too!). Lady & the Tramp II - blech. Lion King II - okay.

Pocahontas II wasn't too bad

Tinker Bell movies aren't bad either.

Of course, Toy Story 2 and 3!

I've seen most of the sequels.

Little Mermaid 3 was very cute.

Cinderella 3 was REALLY good. Highly recommended

Lion King 1 and a half, VERY funny.

I have seen most of the Disney sequels and I really liked:

Aladdin: Return of Jafar
Aladdin and the King of Thieves
The Lion King II: Simba's Pride
The Rescuers Down Under
The Jungle Book 2

As for Hunchback of Notre Dame 2, I beg you PLEASE dont watch it!!! It made me sad because compared to the original it just doesn't work.

I haven't seen many sequels but I enjoyed:
Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch
Toy Story Series

Cinderella 3 was REALLY good. Highly recommended

Lion King 1 and a half, VERY funny.

I agree, Cinderella 3 surprised me, it was very creative and completely different. Lion King 1 1/2 is also one of my favorites.

Bambi 2 was very nicely done, as well - it was neat that it was able to delve deeper into the original story and still retain some of that emotion that the original brought across.

The Toy Story sequels are excellent films, as you probably know.

The Aladdin and Lion King sequels, as well as Little Mermaid 2 and Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas, are decent. I didn't enjoy the Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Cinderella, Bambi, Fox and the Hound, or Brother Bear sequels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter