• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

any of the sequels any good?

Personally, I never liked any of the sequels. Animation isn't usually up to the original's standard. And sometimes, the voice acting is a little questionable.

I agree, Cinderella 3 surprised me, it was very creative and completely different. Lion King 1 1/2 is also one of my favorites.

Yeah, Cinderella 3 had a great twist and I loved getting to know Anastasia and the prince more. I loved that it was able to make fun of itself.

The best sequel I've seen so far is 'Aladdin and the King of Thieves.' ^^ There's a lot of great comedy in it, mostly coming out of Iago and Genie, that's mixed in with the adventure that the first movie had. I also enjoyed Jerry Orbach's performance as Saluk and John Rhys-Davies' performance as Cassim.

Bambi II was really cute. We own a lot of the Sequels (Lion King, Pocahontas, Cinderella, and more), but our Kids say they really don't compare to the Originals.

The best sequel I've seen so far is 'Aladdin and the King of Thieves.' ^^ There's a lot of great comedy in it, mostly coming out of Iago and Genie, that's mixed in with the adventure that the first movie had. I also enjoyed Jerry Orbach's performance as Saluk and John Rhys-Davies' performance as Cassim.

I bought both of the Aladdin sequels, the best being the second sequel (third film). Those are the only sequels I ever purchased and haven't watched them in many years. :earsboy:

I bought both of the Aladdin sequels, the best being the second sequel (third film). Those are the only sequels I ever purchased and haven't watched them in many years. :earsboy:

For 'Return of Jafar,' I shouldn't bash it too much. I mean, Abis Mal and Jafar do have their funny scenes, especially together. Dan Castelleneta is great as Genie, even though he does use his Simpsons voices in some lines. The movie's a decent pilot to the 'Aladdin' TV show, but it's mostly like a flat soda: boring and tasteless.

The rest of the Disney sequels, however, are just trash. 'Return to the Sea' was okay, but it's a reverse version of the first 'Little Mermaid' film. 'Cinderellas' 2 and 3 were *blecch!*

Haven't seen 'Bambi 2,' but it looks stupid and completely unneeded. Same thing with 'Brother Bear 2.' 'Tarzan 2' looks okay, I'm hoping to check it out. 'Jungle Book 2' was kinda good and fun, but it felt VERY unneeded.

I really liked the Lion King sequels, they both have decent plot, songs & characters!

Little Mermaid, not so much, they couldve thought of somethig better plot line wise, and Ariel was the last of the Pricesses that I wouldve picked to be a mom in a sequel

Lady & the Tramp 2 was great!! A similar plot line, but lots of cute adveture!

The cinderella sequels were okay, I much preferred the 3rd one though!!

Yeah, generally speaking, if it is direct to dvd it's probably garbage. At least that's been my experience more or less. But I don't know if any of them are as bad as Cars 2. That movie is the 1st movie I ever fell asleep to in a theater. And it's the 2nd worst movie I ever paid to see (a movie w/ Chevy Chase called "Nothing but Trouble" I think holds the #1 spot). And I've paid to see plenty of baaaad movies. My opinion of course.

The sequel I enjoyed the most was Mulan 2, just because it stays very true to the tone and characters from the original but delves into their stories and relationships a little deeper.

Queenofspoons said:
The Lion King sequels were not bad, and the Beauty and the Beast christmas movie was also good, I kinda liked the 3rd Cinderella film, but the little mermaid sequels were horrible.

Im glad they never made The Nightmare Before Easter :scared1: .

What is nightmare b4 easter?

I loved Brother Bear 2. One night i was talking to my friend about wanting to see that movie and when i went down to bed and turned on the tv it was on CW11 as their late night movie. lol.

I also loved the Toy Story movies as well as the tinker bell movies. I think the 2nd movie is the best. I haven't seen the newest one.

Never seen Bambi II but I did see the sequal to the little mermaid and the story about her mom. That movie was horrible. Never seen The Little Mermaid 2 but curious to see it just to see how horrible it is. lol.

I'm wondering how Finding Dory will be compared to the first one.

In terms of cartoons, I was never a fan. I did love the sequels to the original Parent Trap movie with Hayley Mills (there were 4 altogether). I really wish they would release 3&4 on DVD.

I loved the whole Stitch franchise. Just wish they put the show on DVD/Bluray so I can do a proper marathon.
Lion King 1 1/2 was fun to watch.
I liked Cars 2 better than Cars 1.

This is where I'd say I loved The Incredibles 2.... IF THEY MADE ONE.

I was a little kid when Little Mermaid 2 came out and I remember really liking it. I'm not sure if that's because of the film or the Little Mermaid 2 computer game. I also liked all of the Stitch films and the TV show.

Sequels are hit or miss, but I would say young children would love almost all of them just because they are Disney.

If you're looking for quality, however, the best sequel is far and away, the Return of Jafar. It really continues the story of Aladdin very well!

Belle's Enchanted Christmas and Cinderella 3 are both really good as well.

As for Pixar, nothing is in the same league as the Toy Story sequels.

Enchanted Christmas isn't half bad for a DTV cheapquel. Mermaid 3 is OK as well. Neither of them are as good as the originals but they're at least watchable unlike Hunchback 2 or Pocahontas 2. :sad2:

Mulan 2, The Lion King Sequels, and The Little Mermaid 3 are my favorites! I don't really care for the other Direct to DVD sequels

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter