Any other MAW families going 5/6-5/12?

j-me

Mouseketeer
The day is getting closer and was wondering is there were anyone else
going to be at Give Kids the World while we are there.
We are so excited and our 12 yr DD still doesn't know which day in May we
are actually leaving..we are going to surprise her and one day she will get up
and we will leave. Our son the wish kid already knows but can't speak so he
won't spill it:)

Please please please update and let us know how it went! Details lots and lots of details! My dd (6) has been cancer free for 4 years. We're going to celebrate :) Her wish granters mentioned to me about making a reservation for the Princess tea party with Princess Aurora. Oh man I'm excited. DD will be so happy!

I'm thinking of taking her to Discovery Cove to swim with dolphins. I don't know if we can swing it financially, and even if we did if we'd have enough time to do it!

Have a great trip. I can't wait to hear how it goes :)

Amanda

We are sooooooooooooo excited and this message board really really helped us in the planning. I will answer any and every question that you have....be honored. Just as others did for us.
Definitly stay at GIVE KIDS THE WORLD>>> Don't skip that. I haven't been yet but everyone seems to have the best time with them.
I will keep you posted...
jamie

We aren't a MAW family (yet) but we have a special needs daughter and love to meet others. We'll be there on the 6th and 7th if you would like to meet up!

I think we have posted to each other before, but if not - we will be there 5/4-5/10!!! We are so excited also!! I have been checking the mail everyday now, waiting for those all important papers from GKTW!!! My ds who is the MAW child will be turning 10 on the 27of this month, so all his focus is on that right now, but I keep reminding him and my dd 6 that it is getting so close!! :banana: The only info that we have on the trip so far is: that on the 3rd we will be pick up in a limo to take us to a hotel close to the airport in Indy( b/c we are 2 hours away from it)our plane departs @6:ooam (5/4)and we fly to Atlanta , then catch another flight to Orlando!! Do you know if the wish granters are throwing a bon voyage party for your family? I have heard of this from others families, but it doesn't sound like they will be doing that for us :sad2: they just told us that as soon as they get the tickets(should be next week) then they will bring them to our house!! :Pinkbounc

CLOSE TO DOING THE SINGLE DIGIT DANCE !!!!!!!

2morrow said:
but I keep reminding him and my dd 6 that it is getting so close!! :banana:

Do you know if the wish granters are throwing a bon voyage party for your family? I have heard of this from others families, but it doesn't sound like they will be doing that for us :sad2: they just told us that as soon as they get the tickets(should be next week) then they will bring them to our house!! :Pinkbounc

I don't talk to DD about it at all I don't want to hear "when are we going to WDW" 800 times a day for the next 3 months!

Our wish granters have mentioned taking Reya to Joe's Crab Shack for a celebration dinner, they said they will be doing something for her once a month til it's time to go. Just to hype her up about it LOL like a 6yo needs any hype!

Have fun I can't wait to hear about it!

Amanda

Thanks for writing back...we have mailed to each other before..
We haven't heard anything of a party either...I was bummed. I don't want to
miss out on anything for him.....
We haven't received our info stuff either. They said anywhere from 7-10 before you leave you'll receive it from both Give Kids the World and Make A Wish..
My sister is going to being coming down for 3 of the days and she lives in Indy. My parents are also going to be down there for most of the trip. They wanted to experience this memory for both my kids. So in years to come we will have great memories to share together.

Did you make any PS at any resturants? My Wish cord advised me not to do character meals unless I really felt we needed to go..because at GKTW the character come and it cost nothing and you more time then at the meals.
We did make PS's at resturants so we didn't have to wait with a party of 8. We are doing 50's Prime time and Whispering Canyon...2 very very interactive servers and fun. Then we have the last seating in the Castle 8:45 on Mon 5/9 and will watch the fireworks from there.
We also made PS for dinner with shamu at Sea World...for Mother's day.

I have just learned TONS from this board and even if you don't use the reservation atleast you have a seat when you want.

Did you get the suitcase allotment from MAW? I didn't think we needed it because we have bags but when I got them out...I think I should take it.

I am sure we will run into each other.. Our son is in a bright yellow wheelchair.
We have a 12 DD too!

Wow looks like you guys really love it there...im really happy for you people...its nice to know that there is a always a good place out there for us to unwind and have fun, isnt it?!im sure you would enjoy your next trip....we would appreciate hearing about your trip there.

j-me: We did make a PS for dining with shamu on 5/6, but that is the only one my ds is interested in. We will look for you guys when we are there, probably the only time we will bump into each other is in the morning or evening. My ds wheelchair is red and it will be myself ,dh and dd. We do plan on spending a couple of days just in the village b/c there is so much to do there! We did not do the luggage allotment b/c we have enough! Right now we are just waiting for the info packets!

I think it depends on each individual wish granter/granters if they want to or have the money to throw a going away to WDW party for the wish child.
I remember seeing some past posts on this board that some MAW families got a going away party and some didn't. My dd did not get a going away party at all last June before her MAW, WDW trip. We had one wish granter, a man. Real nice guy. I guess he felt instead of the going away party, he gave a small gift for my dd and ds on his first visit with us. He couldn't make it for our send off at the airport the day we left, he had a prior family commitment he couldn't cancel. Our wish granter was able to come the day before to our house to drop off the plane tickets, money, MAW t-shirts and buttons. He was able to find someone else ( a MAW volunteer) to meet us at the airport to help us check in at the airport since we haven't flown in 10 yrs. and leaving from O'Hare airport in Chicago, we were not familiar with the airlines and we couldn't remember how to do everything with the increase security from 9/11. We were so glad this other MAW volunteer was able to meet up with us that day.
Also, the Chicago MAW office granted almost 100 wishes this past yr! Maybe my MAW office thought it would be too much to give each child a going away party? I don't know.

Rosemarie :flower:

J-me,
We are going in October and I look forward to hearing all about your trip when you return. Have a wonderful time! :banana:

roseprincess said:
I think it depends on each individual wish granter/granters if they want to or have the money to throw a going away to WDW party for the wish child.
I remember seeing some past posts on this board that some MAW families got a going away party and some didn't. ..........Rosemarie :flower:
That's also what I have read in postings on the DIS boards and in articles about MAW.
I think it all depends on the budget the MAW local office is working with.

MarieS: What dates are you going to be there in October? Our daughter's wish trip is from Oct 1st-7th. We are planning on attending the Oct 4th MNSSHP.

DJBounce--
We are going Oct 31-Nov. 6. However, we will be going down several days earlier to meet family and vacation with them before moving to GKTW. We are hoping to go to MNSSHP on the 30th. If you go to MNSSHP, please be sure to post and tell us about it. Are you planning any character meals? I had no idea that Universal Islands of Adventure had spiderman. Hadn't even thought of going there until our wish coordinator mentioned it. My oldest is really into spidey and we hope to do the character breakfast there. For my younger son we are planning on the pooh meal.
Although it's still six months out, we are getting excited! Crossing my fingers that my boys stay healthy and we can go! :earsboy:

Hi MarieS - we can't wait for our trip. I know it is over 5 months away, but I already have our day by day itenerary planned out!! We are doing several character meals. We are going to CP for breakfast (our favorite!!), LTT on the night of MNNSHP, Garden Grill if it's open, and Breakfastasaursus. The day we are going over to Universal and IOA, they arn't offering the Spidy breakfast. I think it's only Thurs-Sat or something like that. We will be there on a Monday. My DH really wants to eat at Margaritaville that day (he's a Parrothead). Our non-character meals include Ohana and Prime Time Cafe. We won't be at GKTW all that much. We are planning on being there for the Christmas party on Wed. We are park commandos!! We like to be at the parks early for rope drop. It does help that we are morning people. I do hope your boys stay healthy. My daughter had major surgery on her legs in December, so that's why we are waiting so long for our trip. Every day she is getting stronger.

DJBounce--
Your PS's sound great! My boys caregiver is coming with us since I am a single parent(widowed). She wants to eat at Margaritaville, so we are planning on going to IOA on friday for the spidey breakfast, do several of the Seuss rides that are wheelchair accessible, walk thru the Juraissic park area then take a rest at the first aid station. Both of my boys are in wheelchairs and my oldest has lots of problems with stamina and sitting up in his chair. Then I thought we would have a late lunch at Margaritaville. If there is time, we will then stop at Universal for the Barney show and Jimmy Neutron. I called Universal and they sent me a copy of their disabilities guide which has helped me plan. I know that we will have to ready to change plans depending on how the boys are feeling, but I think planning is part of the fun!
Have you ever been to MNSSHP before? Are you planning to wear costumes?
My boys aren't really able to do much with Halloween at home, so we are all looking forward to the party.

friday barney and friends are at the village for pics and autographs from 8:30 to 9 am in the castle. we went to the barney show at universal- they told us to stay put after the show and barney came out to take pics on stage with all the wish kids and siblings who were at the show.

Anne MN said:
friday barney and friends are at the village for pics and autographs from 8:30 to 9 am in the castle. we went to the barney show at universal- they told us to stay put after the show and barney came out to take pics on stage with all the wish kids and siblings who were at the show.

Anne--
Thanks for letting me know about the times for Barney. I'll be sure to book a later time for the spidey breakfast then.

MarieS: Your plans sound great!! We have never been to the MNSSHP! It sounds like so much fun! And yes, we are dressing up! I think that we are all going to be Mouseketeers from the Mickey Mouse Club. Names on our shirts and all! I can't wait!!

DJBounce--
Cute idea for costumes! My boys will be going as Buzz and Woody. We already have a cowboy outfit that I plan to adapt for Woody and my youngest has a pair of Buzz pj's that might work. Or I may look on ebay for something inexpensive. Our caregiver and I are thinking of just getting Halloween tshirts to wear. I have been reading some posts on MNSSHP and may borrow your idea of a character meal at LTT before the party.
Here spring is just beginning and I'm already looking forward to fall! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter