Any pool thefts

We have been to aulani several times. We leave phones and iPads on our chairs, we never bring money to the pool, just use our room key for purchases. We have never had a problem.

Not wise - a theft just waiting to happen! Hopefully, you won't ever experience it, but odds are that a crime of opportunity will present itself to someone with sticky fingers. :(

Is the room key an actual key or a card? I'm presuming it's completely fine when submerged in water, but do I need to buy a lanyard or something for it if my swimsuit doesn't have pockets?

Last edited:
Is the room key an actual key or a card? I'm presuming it's completely fine when submerged in water, but do I need to buy a lanyard or something for it if my swimsuit doesn't have pockets?
The room key is a plastic card. I'm also presuming it would be fine when submerged, but we didn't have occasion to test it to be sure.

It’s a plastic card. Since they are a charge card as well, my husband and I often leave them in our swimmers when we enter the water.

The room key is a plastic card. I'm also presuming it would be fine when submerged, but we didn't have occasion to test it to be sure.

I always have my room key in the pocket of my trunks and it’s never a problem to have it in the water.

As for theft, I haven’t seen any, but agree with everyone’s advice about not leaving valuables. I’ve seen more issues of people trying to “save seats” with towels and magazines for hours and have other guests/cast members move their stuff.

ALWAYS think in the mindset that someone will take your stuff so you don’t ever set yourself up.

I just always bring an ID, credit card, and phone.

However those things are always visuable to.

NON resort guests can walk around Aulani so have your guard up always.

Love my KYSS bag ! I bought it for a Disney Cruise back in 2013 and it goes on all of my vacations with me. I don't consider it 100% safe, but much like bars on my basement windows, it will hopefully DETER the thieves that are looking for a quick grab of something. When we are at the beach and nothing to lock it to, I just put the chain through every beach bag and cooler bag we have taken with us. that way if someone wants to walk away with it, they will have their hands more than full !

I just bought a waterproof phone pouch on Amazon that I plan to put phone and cards in and keep with me. Took it to pool on Saturday and it worked great!

Just got back. We used our safego and it was awesome. We took our phones, room keys, and some cash to the beach every day. We locked our safego to the chair and had peace of mind. I personally would never leave anything value unattended. The beaches are open to the public and while there are signs saying the pool grounds are only for resort guests, there is no one stopping anyone from entering. Why risk it??

Attachments

• 93FAA3CD-BAB2-4315-BEFC-36AF6BCF4131.jpeg
    93FAA3CD-BAB2-4315-BEFC-36AF6BCF4131.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 29

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter