• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Anyone able to sneak a peak at BCV’s?

This is awesome! Thank you. I love the donald curtains.

Could you also snap a pic of the art inside the Murphy bed? The art on the outside is different than what is in the studio so I wonder if its different/same inside.

Do you see any signs of construction on 4th or any other floor? Are others checking in on 4th? I appreciate the intel/boots on the ground.

This is awesome! Thank you. I love the donald curtains.

Could you also snap a pic of the art inside the Murphy bed? The art on the outside is different than what is in the studio so I wonder if its different/same inside.

Do you see any signs of construction on 4th or any other floor? Are others checking in on 4th? I appreciate the intel/boots on the ground.
Here is the inside of the Murphy bed. There are no signs of construction on the 4th floor and lots of other rooms are occupied. All the carpeting in the hallway is new, so I assume the 4th floor is completed. I still need to investigate the other floors.B91367E9-104F-4BF7-9639-AA1536E94E32.jpeg

Attachments

• 642088E7-EFB8-4532-9313-01C02BDEE0B2.jpeg
    642088E7-EFB8-4532-9313-01C02BDEE0B2.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 52
So it’s the smaller size couch in the living room, without the chaise extension? But still a queen size Murphy bed, right?

So it’s the smaller size couch in the living room, without the chaise extension? But still a queen size Murphy bed, right?
The bummer is that it isn't like the SSR sofa. We really liked that and the movable ottoman section gave another seating spot. I'd hoped that was the type that would go into all the 1BR's. But - a real mattress instead of the pull out sofa is still a plus!

Good to see a lot of thought went into this refresh. Huge Donald fan. Subtle changes to seating and headboard colors. I really like the bed art. That is a match to standing on the bridge after getting off a bus and seeing the Epcot fireworks over the Villas.

Good to see a lot of thought went into this refresh. Huge Donald fan. Subtle changes to seating and headboard colors. I really like the bed art. That is a match to standing on the bridge after getting off a bus and seeing the Epcot fireworks over the Villas.
I'm glad they kept a light, airy motif. I know plenty of people will complain that the theming is lacking, or that it looks like any (fill in your least favorite generic chain hotel), but it's a beach-themed resort so colors should be soft and subdued. Sun and wind bleached blues, greys and soft pinks make sense.

I'm glad they kept a light, airy motif. I know plenty of people will complain that the theming is lacking, or that it looks like any (fill in your least favorite generic chain hotel), but it's a beach-themed resort so colors should be soft and subdued. Sun and wind bleached blues, greys and soft pinks make sense.
As someone who was surprised at the lack of Disney-related theming but really liked the overall theming when we stayed at BCV a couple months ago, these subtle changes and Donald-additions are great for us.

I just walked the fourth floor and as expected (from above posts), don't see any more work being done. It's a Saturday but I'll check on the third floor later
Disney typically doesn't release a floor until all rooms are completed. They don't want guests and construction activity overlapping, and they really don't want brand-new hallway carpet ruined.

Disney typically doesn't release a floor until all rooms are completed. They don't want guests and construction activity overlapping, and they really don't want brand-new hallway carpet ruined.
Weird thing is I just looked at availability starting tomorrow (we are willing to switch rooms) and there is nothing available in any room category

Weird thing is I just looked at availability starting tomorrow (we are willing to switch rooms) and there is nothing available in any room category
They don't remove/add availability last second like this. Doing so would mean they'd have to scramble to re-home displaced guests and/or have a lot of unused inventory immediately following completion of every floor.

11ish months ago they removed ~1/5th the inventory from BCV for ~4 months. Because they did this before bookings, it means that the rooms were simply never booked in the first place. They're currently in the middle of their ~4 months to complete construction one floor at a time, all without last-second impact to guests.

Now that floors 4 and 5 are done they should move on to another floor when that floor has been cleared of guests, whether or not they will is the subject of "CM said" rumors above (I'm skeptical).

Despite all 5 floors being open today, they still don't have 100% occupancy available. If they intend to start moving on to floor 3 (for example), first they need to wait for all guests to clear out of that floor then they can shut it down for construction. In the meantime there may be seemingly-open rooms, but it's really just part of the phase-out of the floor.

Said another way, this phase-out period may seem like ~80% occupancy when they 'could' have 100% until they shut down floor 3, but logistically it's easiest to just have a brief transition period rather than have spikes of 1-3 nights of availability come up last second every time a floor completes renovation.

They don't remove/add availability last second like this. Doing so would mean they'd have to scramble to re-home displaced guests and/or have a lot of unused inventory immediately following completion of every floor.
Correct. What I meant was that Disney won't put guests in a room on a floor where active construction activity is still occurring. They DID have guests in rooms on the floors with the BRV test rooms (and I'm sure that's not uncommon), but that was only two rooms on the entire floor.

Disney will wait until the whole floor is complete before putting guests in even one of the refurbed rooms, but that doesn't mean all the rooms will be filled up the next day. As you said, they can now stop assigning third floor rooms and start re-assigning those guests to the 4th floor instead, but the number of available rooms won't change.

Last edited:
Reactions: ehh
We arrived here Feb 05. We had a studio booked. 2, or at most 3 days before we arrived, 5 consecutive days in a 2 bedroom showed up. Even after we booked those 5 days, other 2 beds remained available as well as other room categories. That just doesn't happen here. It was certainly a last second addition. And it wasn't just that one room. Many opened up last second.

@whochschild Thanks for the pics and update. Are there any changes in the bathroom or kitchen area? Shower clothesline back? Wall-mounted toiletries or still the individual bottles? Keurig Duo in the kitchen? Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter