• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Anyone able to sneak a peak at BCV’s?

Is it possible that they are only refreshing studios and hallways right now? I’m wondering if that might be the cause of the 1 and 2 bedroom block-off in September and October…. Has anyone confirmed whether a 1 or 2 bedroom has been refurbished at this time?

Is it possible that they are only refreshing studios and hallways right now? I’m wondering if that might be the cause of the 1 and 2 bedroom block-off in September and October…. Has anyone confirmed whether a 1 or 2 bedroom has been refurbished at this time?
No they are doing everything for sure, wouldnt replace the hallway carpets if work was still to be done in rooms... The block off is certainly related to inventory incase they need to move people during the full refurb at Boardwalk slated for fall

Think the refresh looks really good. I like it’s keeping the table/chairs bed combo. Keeps that actual studio look. Looking forward to seeing the updated larger villas. Go Donald..#1

I cant be the only one upset about the coffee maker...i have not beem able to find a keurig pod that i like,,all too watery...i like bringing my own grounds and even if it was a drip style could make as strong as i like.
But hey cant please all..will remember to bring french press.

I cant be the only one upset about the coffee maker...i have not beem able to find a keurig pod that i like,,all too watery...i like bringing my own grounds and even if it was a drip style could make as strong as i like.
The keurig they chose appears to be a combo one, giving options. Pod or full pot drip brew.

Has anyone else noticed that they did put the wall mounted soap dispenser in the shower? I was hoping they weren’t.
I will miss the little bottles.

I had that coffee pot combo in December at VGF and honestly, it worked very well for making the pot. I did that and my friend did the pod side.

The new pictures show the kitchen with all cabinets open, and I don't see a toaster, anyone see a toaster?

It may not be necessary given the ability to do both but you also could try using your own refillable kcup with your own grounds.

https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Uni...den&sprefix=refillable+kcup,garden,108&sr=1-6

Studio availability is also wiped clean for September and October too. I’m starting to believe the BWV inventory theory.

Studio availability is also wiped clean for September and October too. I’m starting to believe the BWV inventory theory.
At first I thought the same thing about preserving inventory for when they shut down BWV. Except then I thought: how is that fair for Disney to shut BCV owners out of our own rooms to make accommodation for BWV owners? Then I looked at BWV availability and there are still plenty of available nights for multiple room categories at BWV during the time that BCV is blocked out. It would seem really weird to have open inventory at BWV while blocking off BCV for them. One would think they wouldn’t consider blocking out BCV until all availability at BWV is gone first. And, again - why would they prioritize BWV owners over BCV owners for BCV rooms? I think in the past disney simply moved reservations from a closed/in-refurb resort to whatever else was available then.

Besides the one report on FB of someone checking in a 5th floor studio, has anyone seen any more?

What theory is that?
That Disney might be blocking out rooms at BCV to prepare for BWV refurb? Of course, no one knows anything for sure. It’s all speculation.
At first I thought the same thing about preserving inventory for when they shut down BWV. Except then I thought: how is that fair for Disney to shut BCV owners out of our own rooms to make accommodation for BWV owners? Then I looked at BWV availability and there are still plenty of available nights for multiple room categories at BWV during the time that BCV is blocked out. It would seem really weird to have open inventory at BWV while blocking off BCV for them. One would think they wouldn’t consider blocking out BCV until all availability at BWV is gone first. And, again - why would they prioritize BWV owners over BCV owners for BCV rooms? I think in the past disney simply moved reservations from a closed/in-refurb resort to whatever else was available then.
I honestly wouldn’t look too into it too much. Even the BWV refurb in September and October was never confirmed by Disney. Everyone is speculating. I’m just going to assume that BCV refurbs will be done by April, as it says it is on the DVC website.

Not sure that this really qualifies as rich theming. It's 1990s style hotel decor in beachy colors, with a seahorse and generic artwork. Nothing I want to see return.

View attachment 738027

View attachment 738028
The prior decor always looks worse in photos. There was a themed lamp, a jacuzzi tub, the shutters, and it fit the genre. Now it's a Hampton Inn with a few rectangular art prints. Even the sconces there and in the bathroom were cool; now they're $8 LED can lights.

Hopefully the refurb brings a little of it back. The Boulder ridge refurb looks a lot more like what I had hoped for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter