Anyone able to sneak a peak at BCV’s?

I’m actually surprised that Murphy beds are part of soft refurbs in WDW. I ain’t complaining. It’s just they didn’t do it for Aulani in 2021.
I'm not 100% sure they fit with the room proportions. And assuming they do, I'm also not sure DVD wanted to foot so much of the cost considering how much is still unsold and they own.

Our room definitely needs painting. Also noticed elevators look really bad
Seems like it would have been a good time to refurb a portion of the elevators while the 4th/5th floors were down and there would be reduced demand. Missed opportunity?

I'm not 100% sure they fit with the room proportions. And assuming they do, I'm also not sure DVD wanted to foot so much of the cost considering how much is still unsold and they own.

Seems like it would have been a good time to refurb a portion of the elevators while the 4th/5th floors were down and there would be reduced demand. Missed opportunity?
yeah. God knows how much Aulani has sold. I don’t think Aulani will get them until 2028 during their full refurb, if they ever get them at all. Maybe they’ll keep true to the island themes and put in a hammock instead to save money.

yeah. God knows how much Aulani has sold. I don’t think Aulani will get them until 2028 during their full refurb, if they ever get them at all. Maybe they’ll keep true to the island themes and put in a hammock instead to save money.
That’s brilliant. But also, please don’t give Disney any ideas!

Can room requests be done via Chat?
Or do you have to call in for a 4th/5th floor request?
Yes, I made a request via chat 1 week out. Happy to report it worked and we are in a refurbished room. My request was for “4th or 5th floor please”

From the pictures, it looks like there is no longer a floor lamp on the end of the sofa in the studios. I always used that light to sit and read. Can anyone confirm if there is any light there?

From the pictures, it looks like there is no longer a floor lamp on the end of the sofa in the studios. I always used that light to sit and read. Can anyone confirm if there is any light there?
There is no floor lamp in the refurbished studios. The murphy bed has overhead reading lights, but only when the bed is pulled down. When it's in couch mode, the lights are concealed.

We lucked out and got 4th floor 1 bedroom. Kids love the Murphy bed. Much more comfortable than the pull out. When I heard only the 4th and 5th were refurbished, I changed my request to 4th and 5th floor, dedicated 1BR, pool view. 2/3 isn’t bad as we got a lock off instead of dedicated. I also noted that I was arriving late when I checked in on the app. I don’t know if that made a difference but I didn’t get my room number until 5:34 so maybe having more time before needing to assign me a room helped.

Aulani is about 70% sold.

The room layout is different than any other. DVC claims it was a deliberate decision to keep the sofa beds. The sofas are against an exterior wall, so it's possible that they cannot go into the wall to anchor the pull-downs. Or there's too much bulk to it to be attached to that wall.

They're going to have similar issues with the likes of OKW and VB due to the room layout, more windows in the walls, etc. We've already seen BRV rooms that couldn't get the pull-downs because of the odd ceiling some rooms.

Aulani is about 70% sold.

The room layout is different than any other. DVC claims it was a deliberate decision to keep the sofa beds. The sofas are against an exterior wall, so it's possible that they cannot go into the wall to anchor the pull-downs. Or there's too much bulk to it to be attached to that wall.

They're going to have similar issues with the likes of OKW and VB due to the room layout, more windows in the walls, etc. We've already seen BRV rooms that couldn't get the pull-downs because of the odd ceiling some rooms.
I believe it. Where did you see the 70% sold for Aulani?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter