• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone been recently to Shark's Underwater Grill?

pocohontas2004

Mouseketeer
Our 7 year old thinks this place sounds great - eat lunch and watch the sharks. Do all the tables/booths have an equally good view? How is the menu? Is it posted somewhere WITH prices?

What about a party of 7 - trouble accommodating?

Thanks! We want to know if it is as cool as the ad makes it sound.

We (DH, DS - 8, and I) were there last month (December). It was our first time eating there, and it was fabulous! It was the first time (in 3 visits) to SeaWorld that we found the combination of great food AND great atmosphere (we've done Dine with Shamu twice -- great experience, lousy food).

Anyway, I simply cannot recommend this place enough. Have you been to Coral Reef at Epcot? The seating at Sharks is similar -- tiers of seating that all faces the wall-long tank -- but the seating at Sharks is designed even better with no bad seats. We had an 11:30 lunch which was perfect; we got tank-side seats and the place was very slow/empty until after about 12.

I don't think SeaWorld posts prices with their menus. I would say this place was a little pricey, but we felt it was totally worth the $$ and the service was excellent. DH and I had crab cakes/salad and I believe DS had a fish n chips type meal -- I want to say that adult entrees are in the $14 to $22 range and that kids meals were pretty standard ($6?). In any case, we felt it was totally, totally worth it, and we would make future visits to SeaWorld JUST to be able to eat here again!

Do you know the hours this restaurant is open? We are going in early October, and the park closes at 6 p.m. that day.

i make sure i eat there everytime i go. great food and the view is awsome:thumbsup2 . make sure you take a look at the bar before you leave. the whole counter top is a saltwater fish tank. still tryin to figure out how to make one for my house.

Do you know the hours this restaurant is open? We are going in early October, and the park closes at 6 p.m. that day.

We got an 11:30 seating for lunch -- I *believe* that they open for lunch and stay open through park closing time for dinner, but why not just give SeaWorld a call or send them an email through their site (I've found them to be very responsive) to get a definite answer?

I called Sea World about the hours. They said it opens at 11 am and you walk up for seating. This is for Feb/Mar when I suppose it is slower at the park.

The current system for Sharks' reservations is that you walk to the front door of the restaurant and book your same-day seating then; that's the only way to reserve (some of their other big ticket places, like Dine w/ Shamu, allow you to reserve in advance). We simply went there first (although that section of the park, on the day we visited [first week of Dec.] opened at 10 -- the park had opened at 9 at we arrived at the pathway at about 9:45 so we just hung around for 15 minutes til the rope drop).

SO, long way of saying -- you reserve by going there, and there will be someone out at the desk to take reservations; just see if you can ask someone right after you enter the park if the area with the sharks is open and go from there.

Is the prices less at lunch then dinner. What is the prices and menu like.
Anywhere on the web I can see it?

Thanks

I recently purchased the book The Other Orlando to which there is a link posted that lists the Underwater Grill prices (I was curious about this as well). This is supposed to be current information, in as much as this type of information can be current due to publication deadlines, etc, etc. So, I would think the prices listed are very close to accurate. You could always call or e-mail and ask if they will e-mail a menu that includes prices.

Hi,

Having been to both the Dinner with Shamu and Shark's Underwater, if you only had one night at Sea World....which would you choose? The children in our group have never been to Sea World and ages are 4, 6, 7, 9 years.

Thanks!

I'm thinking of Shark's Grill too, but am wondering if they either have a lunch menu or if it would be okay to just order appetizers? We'd like to go for lunch and I just can't eat a big meal like the ones I see on their menu so early in the day, but some of their salads and appetizers looked really good. Like the coconut chicken skewers. I figure those and a salad would be great.

Has anyone eaten there late in the day and know what the latest seating time would be? I'll be there Saturday, and they close at 6:00. I'd rather get a later seating for dinner and not "waste" the middle of the day on a longer meal. I know at WDW you can book tables up until park closing. Is it the same here? Thanks!

I contacted Sea World regarding getting a menu. Here is what they said:

Thank you for your email. Please visit www.seaworld.com /Orlando/experiences/dining. Click on the picture for Sharks Underwater Grill and learn more and learn more again. You will be able to view the menu here. I hope this helps.

I'm not sure it counts as recently, but we were there April 07 and really loved it. IMO its better than Coral Reef as far as the view and ambience. I don't recall the food being anything spectacular, but it wasn't bad, totally worth it for the view!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter