• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone been recently to Shark's Underwater Grill?

It was working yesterday before I posted. Just keep giving it a try!

I have and even tried cuting and pasting it and couldn't get to work either. I did come across the UK disney info with a menu not sure how old it is. I was hoping for a recent menu. :worship: You think that Sea world would have more info on thier site about dinning beside the meals they have listed.

Hopefully in the future somebody will take pity on us.;) If not then I will have more info when I get back around the 1st of August.:idea:

Here you'll enjoy courteous full table service in a casual, yet breath-taking, atmosphere. Relax as SeaWorld's chefs show off their skills with world-class entreés and impeccable presentation in this restaurant like no other you’ve ever visited. Feast on blackened sea scallops, filet mignon, pan-seared snapper, and more, prepared with fresh "Floribbean" flair. The children's menu features popcorn shrimp, pasta, and chicken. And there's sure to be a feeding frenzy when the decadent desserts appear. You'll find an upscale menu full of culinary surprises at Sharks Underwater Grill.

Guests wanting to make seating arrangements to at Shark's Underwater Grill can do so by visiting the host/hostess stand in front of the restaurant on the day of their visit. Priority seating can be made in person after 10 a.m. the day of your visit.

Service Type: Full-Service Restaurant

Menu*
Salads:

· "The Great White" Salad
· Spinach Salad
· Citrus Caesar Salad
Appetizers:

· Stuffed Mushroom Trio
· Shark's "Land and Sea"
· Crab and Artichoke Dip
· Tapas Napolean
· Shrimp Bruschetta
Entrees:

· Blackened Sea Scallops
· Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes
· Pan-Seared Red Snapper
· Chorizo-Stuffed Breast of Chicken
· Caribbean Seafood Ragout
· Sharks Trio (tuna, shrimp, and scallops)
· Filet Mignon
· Salmon Filet
· Shrimp and Smoked Chicken Barbecue
· NY Strip Steak
· Ahi Tuna
· Moho Pork
Desserts:

· Loan Shark Brownie
· Heavenly Delight Sun & Moon
· Passion Fruit Flavored Flan
· Caged White Chocolate Mousse
· Coconut Napoleon with Caramel Rum Sauce

Special Dietary meals available. Additional Charges may apply.

Drinks: Assorted Pepsi® Products, Specialty Coffee
Cash Bar: A selection of Anheuser-Busch® Beverages, Specialty Wines, Assorted Cocktails, Specialty Drinks

Children's Menu:

Entrees:

Pasta Marinara
Jumbo Grilled Hot Dog
Shark's Chicken Tenders
Grilled Chicken Breast with Orange Glaze
Popcorn Shrimp

Desserts:

Oreo and Vanilla Pudding Pie
Ocean- Blue Parfait
Gummy Shark Sundae

Drinks:

Blue Lemonshark
Cookie Cutter Milksharks
Chocolate or White Milk
Assorted Pepsi® Products

MasterCard , Visa , Discover , JTB®, and American Express accepted.
Park admission is required but not included.
*Menu subject to change

We went to Shark's Underwater Grill on February 7, 2009 and were incredibly disappointed. We researched the menu online before our trip and were so excited! Several people had told us it was a "don't miss" attraction. As soon as we got to Sea World that morning, we went straight to the restaurant and made a reservation for 11:30. After touring the shark exhibit, we went to the restaurant for lunch, which we knew to be a little more expensive, ($15-$20 range) for a lunch, but it was table service with a cool aquarium. We were a party of nine, but were not seated together. Not a problem (at first). We had great seats because the restaurant was empty (red flag right there). Our waiter was very stiff and condescending. He brought the menus, and we immediately noticed that the menus had changed. The waiter told us they had changed two weeks prior. There were no entrees under $20! The kids' menu was $8-$9. My 4-year-old son got a HOT DOG for $8.50, and my two-year-old daughter's popcorn shrimp was $9.99! Now, we expect for food in the park to be expensive, but come on. One person in our party ordered a $10 shrimp appetizer that had THREE SHRIMP. The aquarium is actually the other side of the same aquarium we had just walked through at the shark exhibit. The kids enjoyed the aquarium for about five minutes. Totally NOT worth it. And since we were a party of nine, we were charged 18% GRATUITY on top of our bill! Then the waiter tried to keep my change! He brought everyone's debit slips to the table to sign, but we paid cash and he just assumed he was entitled, I guess. Terrible experience that put a damper on our whole day at Sea World. I would recommend walking through the restaurant, taking a peek at the cool saltwater bar, and leaving.

We were there in July 2007 and we absolutely loved it. We have an adopted fish named "Bucktooth Charlie" - My kids still talk about Bucktooth Charlie. I have thread with pictures and a review somewhere - I'll see if I can find it.

Here is my review with pictures from July 07

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=26518437&postcount=13

We went last July and the food was good. The food was not OMG best food we ever had, but not bad. The ambiance is nice and it's a great way to get out of the heat of the day and relax.

There was one shark there who look like he had buck teeth. My family named him "Buck Tooth Charlie" an would crack up every time he came around the tank.

If I remember correctly, after riding some of the larger ries we went over and put our name in. Then we came back when it was opened and our name officially went in line. We didn't wait too long. We plan on going again next summer and we plan on dining again for lunch with our friend "Buck Tooth Charlie".

Here are some of our pictures.

Menu:

wlt9ap.jpg

DH's Crabcakes

34dn2f6.jpg

My meal -Pan Seared Peanut Herb Crusted Grouper

dpg7qs.jpg

DD's kids shrimp

687rsz.jpg

DS's Pasta

2hexb8i.jpg

and finally - Meet "Buck Tooth Charlie"

2i7n214.jpg

We just ate there on 2/17. It was okay, but nothing that great for the price. Our bill, for two adults and one child was $120--without gratuity. For appetizers, Dh had the shrimp cocktail and I had the tomato Bruschetta. For entrees, Dh had the Fillet and I had the NY strip. Both were cooked to specifications and tasty. Our son had the chicken fingers. For dessert, Ds had the ice cream and I had the caged white mousse. Ds had a chocolate shake, I had soda and Dh had a bud.

We had a good view of the tank, but were not sitting right next to it, which was annoying as the restaurant was no where near busy and we could have easily been seated directly next to the tank...lots of empty "window seats."

Our waiter was the real let down. Very slow and "uninterested." Overall, we would not go back.

Oh, FYI, we went over around noon and made "ressies" for 5 PM. We had no trouble getting our requested time. We arrived about 20 mins early and were immediately seated. The hostess who seated us had a very cool and unenthusiastic attitude.

I've had dinner or lunch at least 10 times there over the years.The menu changes as all do but we have always been able to accomodate everyone.

Prices are less than Disney for comparable cuisine/atmosphere and similar to prices at IOA and USO.

Service has been variable from OK to good.

We average less than $100 for 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter