• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Christmas shopping yet... continued...

I just wanted to chime in and say you may want to skip the Leap Pad and go for a Kids Edition of the Kindle Fire. The game cartridges for Leap Pad can be ridiculous in price and it just won’t grow with him like a tablet would. Amazon has an excellent system for limits and they also have Free Time Unlimited. You can get a subscription for $2.99 a month and he can load up on all the books, apps, TV shows he wants. The first year is free with the purchase. You can also add your digital movies for him. (If you don’t have them on Amazon but another account you can link your Accounts through Movies Anywhere and they will port.)

I let my DH talk me out of a tablet and getting the Leap Pads for my kids around the same age. About a year and half later and a ridiculous amount of money for cartridges we were moving up to Kindle Fires. If I had to do over again I would have gone right to Kindle Fire.

Anyway, just a thought. The price is comparable, it’s so much more versatile and Amazon CS and Support are excellent. Leap Pad you’re pretty much on your own.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078HQBS21/ref=ods_tab_kcc_kket

Thanks for the tip... we are trying to figure out the best route... I really want something that he can grow with at least for a couple of years. Thanks again

Looks like the Kohl's Veteran's Day sale is on again this year. According to Slickdeals, this is the info:

$10 off $25 code (Nov 11-12 only): VETERANS

30% off for Kohl's cardholders (Nov 7-15): APPLE30 [stacks with the $10 off $25 code]

Free shipping for Cardholders (Nov 7-15): MVCFREENOV

Kohl's cash is $10 for $50 spent.

In a new twist, if you don't have a Kohl's charge, the code FALL30 may get you 30% off Nov 7-15 in the following markets if you are a rewards member:
  • Austin, Texas
  • Buffalo, New York
  • Indianapolis, Indiana
  • Minneapolis, Minnesota
  • Phoenix, Arizona
  • Raleigh, North Carolina
  • Rochester, New York
  • San Antonio, Texas

I have been looking at the So Clean 2 on line- and WOW... over 300.00 dollars... I did not see the So Clean 1 available so I guess I will have to keep looking. I was wondering, if this item would be in stores anywhere, so I can see it...you know touch it. Any suggestions if they are in store?... I really am hoping that black friday will bring some type of deal for this item.

I’ve not seen them in stores, so I’m not sure. They are pricy, that’s a definite. We were able to use some flexible spending $$ to pay for it, which helped. But, DH has said he’d never be without one now. He cleans his every 2-3 days. No more parts soaking in the sink with vinegar, and so much cleaner!

got a few items knocked out-

ds wanted a particular funko, i hate the things but at least it's something other than a video game.

got ds's annual ornament (muppett edition 2018)

found some fun fridge magnets on amazon-replicas of the boxes from old special edition breakfast cereals. these will make good stocking stuffers.

I have just started. I only get gifts for the youngest grandkids, ages 16 down to 3. Right now I have a magazine subscription ordered for the 7 yr. old. He really likes magazines and getting mail. I will get him something else, it won't be expensive though, but I want all the kids to have a gift under the tree to open when we are all together. I am getting his little sister a personalized book. The kind that has her name in it throughout the story. My kids had those one yr. that my mother in law got them and they still talk about the books that were about them. The 10 yr. old wants a real American Girl doll. I am thinking I will give some money to her parents to help with the cost of the doll. It just isn't in my budget to get her one. Then again just a small gift for the family gathering. She understands and is fine with that idea. The 16 yr. old is the hard one. He would really just like money. So maybe that and a couple gift cards to the places he likes to eat. The adult kids in the family will get $50 and then we will get just one gift for the gift exchange. So all in all not too difficult.

I’ve not seen them in stores, so I’m not sure. They are pricey, that’s a definite. We were able to use some flexible spending $$ to pay for it, which helped. But, DH has said he’d never be without one now. He cleans his every 2-3 days. No more parts soaking in the sink with vinegar, and so much cleaner!

Thanks so much for your info... I am going start stalking the Black Friday AD's to see if I can find it... As well as on Amazon/Prime to see if there is a deal to be had on this. or something to get the cost down...

I've gotten a few more things checked off the list. I got my dh a dash cam. He's been saying he'd like one and this one was pretty inexpensive so it's a nice fun gift. We aren't really exchanging anything big but I'd like him to have some stuff under the tree to open.
I got my dd some car air freshener things from BBW to stick in the DIY Advent calendar. I will have to look but I think I've just got a few more days to fill and I'm done with that. I need to figure out a way to package everything but that is what Pinterest is for.
The best news (for me anyway LOL) is that my ds finally told me something he'd like! An Apple Watch. I will check out the BF ads for deals, I saw somewhere on slickdeals the Series 3 may be priced at around $200 for that day. If not then maybe Kohls will have them and I'll get it there to get the Kohl's Cash to use for other stuff for him.
I'm hoping to get alot of stuff done in the next few weeks.

DD was home today and we hits Kohls.
I got a Disney clearance shirt for myself - gift.
T-shirt for DS - gift. This kid needs no clothes and wants none.
7 tops for DD - some might go back to college with her - early bday gifts.
5 tops for DD'S BF and 1 pair U of I socks - for him to support his GF :)
Earned $30 Kohls cash I believe I'm going to get a under amour sweatshirt with the cash. We had a 30% off coupon.
I love that idea of the little trees and decorating them together! How sweet!
As a surprise: Yesterday I got a tiny tree about 10" tall for DD to put on her bathroom sink from hobby lobby for around $3.50. I found 1" wrapped foil Xmas presents at the dollar tree today. I decided I'm going to get another tree and a couple of decorations and sent them to DD'S BF and they can use their phones and then can decorate their trees together.

to "yeahdisney", I tried to add a reply to your post and messed up badly. I am so sorry. I guess I don't know what I am doing! Just was trying to say what a sweet idea that is with the little trees.

I have a good start. I am homebound, so I either shop online or have to wait until someone takes me. We have added a new family of 4 this year.

Everyone got a small gift to unwrap and then they are getting cash. I use to do gift cards, but decided last year just to do cash. The grandkids are getting gifts and a small amount of cash.

At our side of the family, I got each of the women bath and body works and the guys are getting a small christmas trees decorated with lottery tickets. The kids will all get toys. I haven't started on my dads side yet because I don't know who we are giving gifts to. Last year we did white elephant, so I am just waiting to see what they want to do.

I have a good start. I am homebound, so I either shop online or have to wait until someone takes me. We have added a new family of 4 this year.

Everyone got a small gift to unwrap and then they are getting cash. I use to do gift cards, but decided last year just to do cash. The grandkids are getting gifts and a small amount of cash.

At our side of the family, I got each of the women bath and body works and the guys are getting a small christmas trees decorated with lottery tickets. The kids will all get toys. I haven't started on my dads side yet because I don't know who we are giving gifts to. Last year we did white elephant, so I am just waiting to see what they want to do.

:worship: Love the tree with the lottery tickets... I am so stealing this idea...:D

OP here..

I just wanted to check in. Wow everyone is doing great...

For me this shopping season is different, most of my go to places... such as Toys r Us have closed. Shopping for toys is proving harder than I thought it would be. I am wading through it, I was use to making one or two trip to Toys R Us and get everything pretty much at once. As well I normally hit Kohl's an would have a quite a bit done... This year they have changed something... Not really sure what it is. I don't know if they switched buyers or what... But something is different.

I did find a Star Wars Robe for my DGS( almost 4 yrs), it was 50.00... I was like NOPE... I was at BJ's Warehouse yesterday, and they had the exact same one that I looked at when I was at Kohl's. At BJ's it was 14.99, plus they had a 2.00 off in store coupon. so 12.99... Score....

I am heading out shopping today with my next door neighbor... I will be on the hunt for stocking stuffer's as always, and I have a few things on my list to really start looking for.

:flower1:Happy Shopping, and Pixie Dust Away... pixiedust:

I'll probably sounds crazy, but I actually went ahead and wrapped my Christmas gifts last night (while waiting for the trick or treaters that never came). Surprised at how little I really still need. DS doesn't have as insane an amount as I thought he did, but I still think I'm pretty much done for him (or, at least, I'm not actively shopping for him anymore. I would like to get him a set of Duplos, but a few people have started asking me for ideas for him (and his birthday is also coming), so I think I may pass those off on someone else, since it's so hard to come up with ideas for him since he's only about a year old.

The only person for whom I wasn't sure was my godson, but he just started his wish list at Target. So far all he has n there is a nerf gun (and some accessories for it) and Battleship. I may need to ask his mom for more ideas if he doesn't expand his list. Otherwise, I think I'll get him the nerf gun with accessories. He also has a January birthday, so usually I ask his mom what on his list she hasn't gotten or couldn't find as Christmas approaches, and try to get one or two of those items.

Anyone have any good stocking stuffer ideas for babies? That's probably the only area where DS doesn't have a ton yet.

Target and Kohls Black Friday ads are up. I'm not interested in any Doorbusters this year. Looks like some ok deals, but I wasn't blown away by anything. I haven't made any progress towards shopping, but I'm taking every Monday and Friday off in the 5 weeks before Christmas, so I should have plenty of time to shop and wrap gifts. This is the first year with all 3 kids in school and I used to have to wrap everything the one night of the year they all went to my inlaws at once. So glad I can spread it out. Hopefully it will be much less stressful.

I'll probably sounds crazy, but I actually went ahead and wrapped my Christmas gifts last night (while waiting for the trick or treaters that never came). Surprised at how little I really still need. DS doesn't have as insane an amount as I thought he did, but I still think I'm pretty much done for him (or, at least, I'm not actively shopping for him anymore. I would like to get him a set of Duplos, but a few people have started asking me for ideas for him (and his birthday is also coming), so I think I may pass those off on someone else, since it's so hard to come up with ideas for him since he's only about a year old.

The only person for whom I wasn't sure was my godson, but he just started his wish list at Target. So far all he has n there is a nerf gun (and some accessories for it) and Battleship. I may need to ask his mom for more ideas if he doesn't expand his list. Otherwise, I think I'll get him the nerf gun with accessories. He also has a January birthday, so usually I ask his mom what on his list she hasn't gotten or couldn't find as Christmas approaches, and try to get one or two of those items.

Anyone have any good stocking stuffer ideas for babies? That's probably the only area where DS doesn't have a ton yet.

What about baby treats? Like those little puff cereal things? (Sorry I don't have kids, don't know what they are called.) Socks would be another idea or some small books.

Ordered some things from Kohls that I was going to grab on BF today- some flannel shirts for dh and fleece lounge pants for my youngest ds.
I checked out the Target BF ad and saw that the Apple Watch is going to be $200 but it isn't one of the early specials you can buy now, so I'll have to wait.

I went ahead and took advantage of the pre Black Friday sale today and ordered hard sided luggage for DH and myself. :santa: We both needed new luggage and now I have $60 in kohls cash to use for other gifts. Last weekend I dropped off some books at half priced books and found 3 old movies my DD wanted so picked them up for nothing using money made from selling books. She is not going to care that they are gently used since they are old movies and not in stores anymore.

I am making homemade advent calendar gift boxes for my siblings. We celebrate Christmas during Thanksgiving weekend with my side of the family so I thought it would be fun to give my brothers and sister 24 small gifts to open up thru December along with their xmas gift on Christmas day. I made the tags for the gifts and have all of the gifts figured out now just need to buy gifts and wrap. I am going to start working on that this weekend.

I feel better now that I have least started. My middle DS and DD both have birthday's xmas week (24th and 30th) so I have both to buy for as well.

or some small books.

this is a really good idea! I completely glossed over books as a stocking stuffer thinking they'd be too big (since I was picturing a picture book or something similarly sized) but looking at his bookshelf he has several little ones that would fit in a stocking, so I bet I could find a few that size. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter