Anyone Christmas shopping yet... continued...

This thread has been quiet.

I’ve finally gotten on a roll with ideas and have some shopping done. My biggest issue has been the younger two moving away from toys. I hit upon the idea of making them boxes of their interests. Younger DD is really into nail art so I’ve ordered her a nail dryer, big set of nail polishes w/storage case, design plates, rhinestones, tools, artificial nails to practice on etc. For DS I’m putting together a box for clay art, clay, tools, wire, rolling machine, pliers and cutters and a book on technique. I’m having DH put together a home repair toolbox for older DD. Now I just have to (not so) patiently wait for Pre and Black Friday sales for the bigger stuff on my list.

I will say if you do a lot of online ordering give yourself PLENTY of time. I’m assuming because of the storms etc. delivery is just a mess. I keep getting delays and no shows with no explanation until days later or not at not at all. The tracking is no help whatsoever. Nothing has been consistent or predictable.

I picked up a pack of Harry Potter socks for my sister-in-law that I found at Target. They weren't on sale, but i'm one of those people who will just pick up things throughout the year when I see them (usually on sale, but not always). Even still, they were only $6 for a pack of 3 pairs of socks.

I just get gift cards for everyone but my wife, mom, and the 2 kids in the family. (soon to be 3)

I usually have the card bought by now but it's been a weird year. I need to get moving.

DS wants a VR system but I have encouraged him to wait and see how it all shakes out with the wireless system. So not shopping till late spring of 2019.

I bought hubby (and I) tickets to a San Jose sharks game for Christmas. I plan on giving it to him today though since the game is before Christmas and I know he'll want to get a shirt or a hat or something to wear to the game. (Plus I suck at waiting on surprises most of the time when it comes to him.)

i grabbed a few items today. it's tradition that the (now adult) kids, dh and i get new p.j.'s so when i was at walmart i grabbed dd a winnie the pooh union suit that's being marketed as a costume. ds got one of the jack skellington ones about a month ago and the fleece is SO SOFT (launders really well too). walmart also has a neat line of nicer ornaments this year-including some flat metal ones with nice disney art. got dd a jack skellington that i suspect she may end up attaching to her backpack vs. using it as an ornament. i've gotten a couple of t-shirts for dh but it's been real slow going for me so far. maybe after halloween is over i'll kick it into gear.

We’ve taken Black Friday off to start shopping. It’s not crazy here in Canada at all, but the tradition has trickled over the border so it’s a good day to find some deals. We’re heading over the border and into PA and have couple nights at a hotel reserved for the rest of the weekend to shop. My goal is to be completely 100% done after the shopping weekend. I’m sure there will be a few little things to take care of in December , but I am looking forward to enjoying the holidays without needing to go to stores.

DD gave me a list so at least now I have some ideas for her. I plan to start shopping this weekend as we do Christmas with my family during Thanksgiving weekend so I have to be done with those gifts by then. DD has a couple of books and movies she wants along with makeup, clothes, and printer. She also has try outs for Club VB in early Nov so if she makes the team her gifts will be limited as club is expensive. The boys have not given me any ideas. Hubby is getting a stand for his bike so he can cycle in our basement during the winter. He just needs to give me the specs he wants.

I bought dd some beats by Dr. Dre- urBeats earphones with lightening connector. Black for $39.99. I ended up buying me and dh a pair too!-lol! I hope these are good earphones. A couple of weeks ago I was thinking of buying some apple ipods wireless blue tooth ones for $119.

I have my eyes open for good deals that catch my attention

So last weekend I ordered two outfits from Macy’s for my nieces (one each). I settled on one getting a melissa&doug cookie set while the other gets the Keurig set so they can have coffee break together. I also got a two pack of puzzles, again one each. Super happy to have that wrapped up as twins can be hard to shop for when little. I want to do equal but not same.

I also have $7 in amazon digital rewards I racked up by taking delayed delivery on orders in the past month :)

One more thing. Macy’s offers free shipping with beauty products, so I only was spending $22 on the outfits so I added a face mask for $3 and viola free shipping. I even got a bag with 5 beauty samples! So don’t let that free shipping at X amount fool you lol.

I have three people left, my husband, my mum, and her boyfriend. I want to do the 4 gift thing with all of them to make things easier.

I started a few weeks ago. For DD17-
Guardians of the Galaxy 1+2
Jurassic World 1+2
Carrie/Misery/The Shining books (she’s a big Stephen King fan)
A corkboard for her room
The Shining/Halloween/Nightmare on Elm Street movies (loves horror movies)
A JBL Charge 3 speaker (I got it half off on clearance at Target, usually $150 I paid $75). Salesperson said a new Charge 4 is coming out so that’s why the 3’s are on clearance
Prince Eric tshirt (she has a crush on him...lol)
For her stocking, Biore strips, Van’s and Ulta gift cards
DS15- only 2 things so far-
A thin blue line flag tshirt and small blanket for his bed( he wants to be a police officer)
DD8- crocheted mermaid tail blanket bought at craft fair
Belle and Beast dolls (if you bought 2 or more at the Disney Store they were $12 each)
A used Justice Activity Tracker from Mercari
Zombies soundtrack
2 LOL dolls
So far for her stocking a BABW unicorn hand sanitizer holder (its a keychain to hang on her backpack)and hand sanitizers to go in it
I will finish up on Black Friday

I have a pretty sizeable list of people I buy for (very big family). I'm mostly done but I like using this thread to share my ideas/ track my progress.

Here's my updated list:

DH: Not sure yet. We may just do stockings for each other this year and buy something we need for around the house. We'll see.

DS (1): I keep saying he's done, but I think he really is about done now. He's a baby so obviously no specific requests. He's getting a Little People Advent Calendar, Thomas the Train toys (the ones made specifically for babies so no small parts) and books, a few Disney movies, a Lego storage brick (DH wants to start him on Duplos soon), and a few other odds and ends things.

Mom: I know what I'm getting her, but haven't gotten it yet. Personalized item off Etsy, probably a travel mug or kitchen item. We usually keep it small because we travel to see each other at the holidays.

Grandmother: A box of her favorite chocolates.

DS's godparents will each get a gift from "him". Godfather usually gets a $20 gift card but this year I'll give him more since it's his engagement gift too . Godmother is getting a Belle Teapot (we got her the Chip mug last year so it is a perfect addition).

Niece (4): Princess Purse and Minnie Mouse Bath Toy, plus a mini Ufuffy in her purse.

Niece (2): Princess Purse, Aristocats drinking cup (she LOVES the Aristocats), plus mini Ufuffy in her purse.

Cousin (male) (7): I'll just pick something off of his wish list.

Cousin (female) (1): Unicorn lunchbox, unicorn board book, little Minnie & Daisy figurines.

Cousin (female) (8): Ufuffy, Disney Lip Balm, decorate your own tumbler kit

Cousin (female) (5): Ufuffy, Disney Lip Balm, Make your own Jewelry kit

I'll also get some $10 gift cards for some cousins who are still young enough to get gifts from us but old enough that I don't know what to get them anymore.

I have 2 adults friends we exchange with, one male and one female. Female is a Disney fan so I'm going to shop for her on my December Orlando trip. Male is done, we got him a funny t-shirt and funny pair of socks.

Finally, I have my adult cousin. She and her girlfriend got engaged over the summer so I'm getting them a few of the more "fun" things off of their wedding registry and packaging it up cute. So far got a popcorn bucket for them, which I'll probably fill with microwave popcorn and something else. I did also find a Mrs. compact for one and a Mrs. Ring dish for the other, so they'll each get one of those as well.

I'm really glad I shopped throughout the year because I'm feeling the strain even so as the holidays approach, especially since we do most of our exchanging at Thanksgiving, so it all needs to be done so soon.

I started a few weeks ago. For DD17-
Guardians of the Galaxy 1+2
Jurassic World 1+2
Carrie/Misery/The Shining books (she’s a big Stephen King fan)
A corkboard for her room
The Shining/Halloween/Nightmare on Elm Street movies (loves horror movies)
A JBL Charge 3 speaker (I got it half off on clearance at Target, usually $150 I paid $75). Salesperson said a new Charge 4 is coming out so that’s why the 3’s are on clearance
Prince Eric tshirt (she has a crush on him...lol)
For her stocking, Biore strips, Van’s and Ulta gift cards
DS15- only 2 things so far-
A thin blue line flag tshirt and small blanket for his bed( he wants to be a police officer)
DD8- crocheted mermaid tail blanket bought at craft fair
Belle and Beast dolls (if you bought 2 or more at the Disney Store they were $12 each)
A used Justice Activity Tracker from Mercari
Zombies soundtrack
2 LOL dolls
So far for her stocking a BABW unicorn hand sanitizer holder (its a keychain to hang on her backpack)and hand sanitizers to go in it
I will finish up on Black Friday

if you want a couple more ideas for your dd17-i highly recommend getting her the made for tv version of the shining vs. the kubrick b/c it is MUCH truer to the book. another great made for tv movie (both available on amazon) is 'the stand'.

if you want a couple more ideas for your dd17-i highly recommend getting her the made for tv version of the shining vs. the kubrick b/c it is MUCH truer to the book. another great made for tv movie (both available on amazon) is 'the stand'.
I didn’t know their were different versions. I will look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm trying to go ahead and get a jump on some shopping so it isn't so much money at once. DH and I don't have kids, but we have a fairly large family that we buy gifts for.

DH and I both really need new phones. We have iPhone 6's that we got right after they came out. Mine won't hold a charge anymore even after getting a new battery and his just does weird stuff all the time. So, I told him the other night that we should just get the new phones and call that Christmas.
I had a 6 plus and just traded it for a samsung note 8 which I absolutely love. I also got a 300.00 target gift card. I'm over apple. Plus the best thing is everyone else has apple so no one will steal my charger!! Dh needs a new one so we will get him one next month.

OP here... Glad to see my thread is still up and running.

I have been so busy, but I have been shopping and putting away some things.

So here we go.

Last night DH and I went to Disney Springs last minute for the evening. I got 3 Pandora charms for my mom. I had the bangle bracelet since the summer, I was waiting on the new Snow White charms. So Mom's big gift is out of the way. We got one for DD during the summer for Christmas gift, Pandora bracelet with 3 Belle charms. So her big gift is done.

I went shopping with my mom, at Marshall's and picked up a Luke Skywalker and Yoda action figure for DGS, as well as some jungle animals in a tube for a gift for his stocking both together were under 15.00 bucks.
Same trip hit Dollar Tree for some Avenger and Disney coloring books for his stocking, and a couple of purse calendars to go in the Christmas box, for whatever comes up.

I have been scoring tons of good stocking stuffer's at Home Goods/Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx,- they all have really good make-up items, lotions, body wash and lots of beauty items. I was checking out the clearance racks, I picked up a few make up individual make-up brushes, for 1.99, and some packs of those make-up sponges the new one's for around 1.99. I did pick up some hand lotion and foot therapy lotions, all between 2.99 and 4.99. I love it when you can pick up the fancy, name brand or designer brand stuff at a fraction of the cost. Some of this I have already decide who's getting what and the extras will go into the Christmas box. I was looking for some socks and they had a hidden row with 1.00 socks so I bought couple of pairs, as well they had no-show footlet/sockie things by Nike 3 pairs for 3.00 could not pass that up. I was lucky a actual found a stocking stuffer for DH its one of the small zippered pouches to put your ear buds in, we are always fumbling around or digging for them when we travel... I picked up one for him and one for me... that I will put in our stockings... I know I bought my own stocking stuffer... SHHHH don't tell... :D

I have a idea for my Dad, he sleeps with a C-pap machine, and I am thinking about buying him the new cleaning system for it... I know that he would never buy that for himself. So if anyone has bought one, what are your thoughts...or what brand would be much appreciated.

For DH I honestly have no idea... I know some of the small stuff just not sure about the big item... I am leaning toward a Yeti Cooler for the boat he wants... he's like the price is to crazy high. So we will see... on that.

Son in Law - no idea for him... I guess I will have to see what my DD thinks...More than likely a GC for Amazon which is what he would like more than anything.

As for the DGS ( he will be 4 in January) who lives here locally, I think we are leaning toward a leap pad, or something along those lines for the big gift.

The other 3 grandkids who live in GA, are now living with my DH's ex-wife and her husband, and that's a blessing and she will know what they need and what they want in the toy department... so I will get with her to see what they need.

I have decide to buy for my niece's (30 yrs and 20 yrs) and grandniece(5 yrs) this year, they don't have anything to do with the issue's between their dad ( my brother) and I. I am making some baskets for them, and for the grandniece something Disney of course she is obsessed with Minnie Mouse...and all the Disney princess.

Overall I am doing pretty good. I have made a small dent in what I need to do. So YAY for me.... :jumping1:

Happy Shopping everyone... keep posting your ideas are great...

I have a idea for my Dad, he sleeps with a C-pap machine, and I am thinking about buying him the new cleaning system for it... I know that he would never buy that for himself. So if anyone has bought one, what are your thoughts...or what brand would be much appreciated.

DH has the SO Clean one, and LOVES it. He got it approx 6 months ago, and it’s been life changing. Great gift idea!!

OP here... Glad to see my thread is still up and running.

I have been so busy, but I have been shopping and putting away some things.

So here we go.

Last night DH and I went to Disney Springs last minute for the evening. I got 3 Pandora charms for my mom. I had the bangle bracelet since the summer, I was waiting on the new Snow White charms. So Mom's big gift is out of the way. We got one for DD during the summer for Christmas gift, Pandora bracelet with 3 Belle charms. So her big gift is done.

I went shopping with my mom, at Marshall's and picked up a Luke Skywalker and Yoda action figure for DGS, as well as some jungle animals in a tube for a gift for his stocking both together were under 15.00 bucks.
Same trip hit Dollar Tree for some Avenger and Disney coloring books for his stocking, and a couple of purse calendars to go in the Christmas box, for whatever comes up.

I have been scoring tons of good stocking stuffer's at Home Goods/Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx,- they all have really good make-up items, lotions, body wash and lots of beauty items. I was checking out the clearance racks, I picked up a few make up individual make-up brushes, for 1.99, and some packs of those make-up sponges the new one's for around 1.99. I did pick up some hand lotion and foot therapy lotions, all between 2.99 and 4.99. I love it when you can pick up the fancy, name brand or designer brand stuff at a fraction of the cost. Some of this I have already decide who's getting what and the extras will go into the Christmas box. I was looking for some socks and they had a hidden row with 1.00 socks so I bought couple of pairs, as well they had no-show footlet/sockie things by Nike 3 pairs for 3.00 could not pass that up. I was lucky a actual found a stocking stuffer for DH its one of the small zippered pouches to put your ear buds in, we are always fumbling around or digging for them when we travel... I picked up one for him and one for me... that I will put in our stockings... I know I bought my own stocking stuffer... SHHHH don't tell... :D

For DH I honestly have no idea... I know some of the small stuff just not sure about the big item... I am leaning toward a Yeti Cooler for the boat he wants... he's like the price is to crazy high. So we will see... on that.

Son in Law - no idea for him... I guess I will have to see what my DD thinks...More than likely a GC for Amazon which is what he would like more than anything.

As for the DGS ( he will be 4 in January) who lives here locally, I think we are leaning toward a leap pad, or something along those lines for the big gift.

The other 3 grandkids who live in GA, are now living with my DH's ex-wife and her husband, and that's a blessing and she will know what they need and what they want in the toy department... so I will get with her to see what they need.

I have decide to buy for my niece's (30 yrs and 20 yrs) and grandniece(5 yrs) this year, they don't have anything to do with the issue's between their dad ( my brother) and I. I am making some baskets for them, and for the grandniece something Disney of course she is obsessed with Minnie Mouse...and all the Disney princess.

Overall I am doing pretty good. I have made a small dent in what I need to do. So YAY for me.... :jumping1:

Happy Shopping everyone... keep posting your ideas are great...
I just wanted to chime in and say you may want to skip the Leap Pad and go for a Kids Edition of the Kindle Fire. The game cartridges for Leap Pad can be ridiculous in price and it just won’t grow with him like a tablet would. Amazon has an excellent system for limits and they also have Free Time Unlimited. You can get a subscription for $2.99 a month and he can load up on all the books, apps, TV shows he wants. The first year is free with the purchase. You can also add your digital movies for him. (If you don’t have them on Amazon but another account you can link your Accounts through Movies Anywhere and they will port.)

I let my DH talk me out of a tablet and getting the Leap Pads for my kids around the same age. About a year and half later and a ridiculous amount of money for cartridges we were moving up to Kindle Fires. If I had to do over again I would have gone right to Kindle Fire.

Anyway, just a thought. The price is comparable, it’s so much more versatile and Amazon CS and Support are excellent. Leap Pad you’re pretty much on your own.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078HQBS21/ref=ods_tab_kcc_kket

DH has the SO Clean one, and LOVES it. He got it approx 6 months ago, and it’s been life changing. Great gift idea!!

I have been looking at the So Clean 2 on line- and WOW... over 300.00 dollars... I did not see the So Clean 1 available so I guess I will have to keep looking. I was wondering, if this item would be in stores anywhere, so I can see it...you know touch it. Any suggestions if they are in store?... I really am hoping that black friday will bring some type of deal for this item.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter