• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone cruising June 5, 2004?

misty9960

Mouseketeer
:boat: Is anyone scheduled to cruise on June 5, 200? This is our first cruise. We have a 10 year old son & 7 year old daughter. We are so excited but a little nervous not knowing what to expect. We have been assigned to stateroom 7620. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I am a little nervous about getting seasick.

My family (1brother, 2 sisters, mom, dad, me, my husband and my 2 kids-boy and girl) have been on one Disney cruise (Wonder 4-day) together and are going the wk you are on the Magic for the 7-day.

I am new to these boards, so bear w/me.

We didn't get seasick. My mom got a little queasy one night when they were in bed and we hit some rough storms. The only thing I noticed was the closet doors slowly rolling open and then rolling shut.

In fact, in order to prevent seasickness, my mom bought these patches from her dr and put them on my 2 younger sisters, they acted like they were 1/2 asleep, drugged (eyes puffy and red) and grumpy almost the entire time. When we FINALLY realized the cause, we took them off and they had a WONDERful time! :)

I'm away from my papers at the moment and can't remember my staterm #, but were on the 6th floor.

We had such a fun time, we vowed to go again and are very excited! We loved the characters!

My 2 kids ages are-boy, 13 and girl, 4. Far apart, I know, not planned, but lots-a-fun!

I know you will enjoy--we will have to see if we see each other, my name is Veolette (weird sounding, but pronounced Veo-let).

:crazy: :teeth: We're on with you guys. I thought I had responded to this thread before. Me, dd12 and ds 9. He'll be glad there are some more dudes on board.

Hi,
We're onboard the same week(06/05/04) and we'll be in 6006. This is my family's first cruise and my first pleasure cruise, so were all novices on a trip like this. We have a DD5 and DD7 who are very excited about their first real boat trip. :Pinkbounc
We're all WDW veterans with far too many visits to count so we're looking forward to a NEW disney experience. Mostly I just want the kids to make friends and have a blast!

See ya'll on the cruise...

- Mark

We will definitely have to PM each other--my whole family(1 bro-14,2 sis-13, 16, mom and dad) is going together! We have been taking all of our vacations together since our first WDW visit in '96.

I don't mind organizing a DIS meet. My daughter(12--will be 13 in August) would love to have someone to pal around with occasionally. And if there are any boys, my son (9) is itching to play basketball on the ship! Hopefully they won't ditch me all at once. We are so excited.
I know some people go all out on a DIS meet making buttons and arranging large gatherings. Maybe, to identify ourselves, I could at the least get a cool name sticker with the DIS logo. Too nerdy? Let me know.
Ann

We are coming too.

This is our 3rd Disney cruise.

son age 12 and granddaughter age 5 will be with us. 3 adults too.

We are on deck 6 in 2 cabins

Sherry

My wife and I will be on this cruise. It's our first 7 night cruise and we have no idea what to expect. We have taken several 3 and 4 day cruises so this will be a new experience.

We're going on the June 5, 2004 Western cruise.... husband, my daughter (age16), and daughters friend (age17)... any other teenagers out there going? This will be our second cruise.. we went on the Eastern cruise three years ago. :bounce:

Cooltrainer:
My DS is 13 and my brother is 14--have 2 younger sisters-16 & 13.

We are in Stateroom 6568.

We were in 8070 last time (2 yrs ago on the Wonder). Don't think there's a big difference, hope not anyway.

hughiedeweylouie:
I don't think the stickers are nerdy at all. That's very sweet of you. My son loves basketball; plays for his school. He says it's much different on the ship, though.

Disneyallthetime:
We also have a DD5 (will turn 5, 2 dys before cruise).

This is our first trip to the Western, sounds wonderful from the boards. I am soooo excited!:hyper:

YES! We've got a good group. It will just be nice to semi know someone on the ship. My 12 year old dtr. may or may not choose to do the club. Definitely depends on if she finds a buddy. I think this DIS meet thing will help.

I am so excited to see the new posts! My son is 10 and loves sports. Maybe they can meet up and shoot some hoops! My kids are getting so excited! So am I! I think the dismeet would be great! It's getting closer. My 7 year old daughter checks the computer everyday to see how many more days we have.:tongue:

Just tell me when & where to meet and we'll be there!! I will be bringing 2 kids, DS age 12, and granddaighter age 5.

Sherry

Has anyone ever been to a DIS meet? Where would be the best time and place?
We'll be staying at the Hyatt and getting to the dock relatively early. Maybe we could meet on the ship before the sailaway party.
I have a PO Box. What do you think about sending me a self-addressed envelope and I'll mail out DIS name stickers before the cruise. Or you could send your address through the a private message. Whichever you feel most comfortable with. And if you neither of those options appeal to you, I could just keep a stack with me and you could stick them on when we gather.
:chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat:

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Ann

Pls PM me w/your PO BOX and I will send.:)

No, I have never been to a DIS meet, so no expectations to meet here w/me, not picky at all, as I am very much an amateur to these boards.

Thanks for offering your services. :hyper:

Sherry, I got your PM.

Anyone have a suggestion for best time and place to meet? I did email Andy, "Verandah Man" since he is the guru of the DIS boards and has done this a million times.

Thanks everyone for building the excitement.:grouphug:

Hey Everbody,
Andy "Verandah Man" emailed me with a suggestion for meeting.
-quote-
If you want my opinion, I would suggest meeting in the Promenade Lounge on deck 3. I would also suggest an early Sunday afternoon meet. Last year we met between the Safety Drill and the Sailaway Party and it was just way to rushed for me. We had first planned to meet on deck 9 behind Topsiders, but I'm glad we changed that, as it was very nasty weather the day we left port, at least inside it was dry and cool. This year we will be meeting early Sunday afternoon. We are also having a DISmeet Brunch at Palo for those adults that are interested. We have about 20 people already signed up for that.

Ann

I don't know if I already sent this to you or not:teeth:

(issues signing in and all)

Is Sunday a day at sea or at Key West?? :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter