• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone cruising June 5, 2004?

Hey guys!!!!

Not to put a damper but the weather forecast for Saurday in Cocoa Beach is partly cloudy with a 30% chance of an occasional thunderstorm, typical Florida summer weather. If it rains it doesn't last long.

It got to 98 degrees today (Naples). BRING A HAT AND LOTS OF SUNSCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sherry

Hey gang,

Has been a bad week here in terms of personal stress. Dd got her cast off her leg which is a good thing but then dd9 got appendicitis and spent an entire week in the hospital. She is out and has the ok for the trip but is not 100 percent herself of course. Doctor said let pain be her guide and if she feels like doing something, let her.

We are leaving in the morning and will spend two nights at Disney and then Friday night at Radisson. Look for three rowdy toddlers near the pool if you dare.

My parents are excited (this is their first Disney cruise).

We are staying ten days after cruise at Disney and so packing for 9 people for 3 weeks is an adventure to say the least.

Dont know if I will be able to meet up with you guys after lifeboat drill. We have tried that before and time slipped away. Please if you see me in line at port say hello. I am easy to spot with seven kiddos, and six of them being girls.

My dh has been away and coming home tonight so I can get serious with the packing.

Sherry, thanks for the weather forecast.

Jeanne,
No way! This is exactly the type of thing I've been dreading after so much planning.
But not to worry! My Katie is an expert at making 9 year olds smile (just ask my son). We will be looking for your crew and make a special effort to say hello at the port. We'll be getting there early.
The nice part is the ship is easy to get around even when you can't walk too far after surgery.
Can't wait to meet you all,
Ann

Jeanne...I'm sooo sorry about your family. I pray your dd recover's quickly, maybe Mickey will add a little magic to the healing process!

I WISH I was almost done packing, we've just started!

I also WISH we were going early like you guys, but too much going on, oh well.

It's almost HERE!

Bye guys-
V-

If I can just make it through the next two days of work I will be fine. I have the rest of today, all of tomorrow and 7-11 on Friday! Things are crazy and knowing that I am leaving Saturday is making it worse for me!!

So can we have a roll call of kids and ages?

My DD Samantha is 7 (will be 8 in August).

See you all soon!

Kat

:Pinkbounc princess: :sunny:

we are headed out to the radisson tomorrow. myself and the best half and two sons-almost 17 and 8.

I told my crew I would try to get names and ages again...so kudos for asking to Kat...

now what are the names of your crew: jneaves45 & hughiedeweylouie (Ann).?

My kiddos are:

DD(Gabi-5) and DS (Taylor-13)

My brother & sisters traveling w/us as well:

Bro(Zachary-15), Sis(Mandy-16), Sis(Rebekah/Bekah-13)

Almost can't sleep, waking up thinking of things, told myself I wouldn't do this, but who was I kidding?:rolleyes:

Oh, I wanted to tell you all, I made a screenprint of my DISBoard user name, so look for a brown-haired gal wearing a white T w/loveBond and Bond picture.

I go by V or Veolette (pronounced Veo-let) for those of you who would like to try my funny French name:laughing:

Man, I can't believe some of you get to leave today or tomorrow. Hope to see you all soon!

Over and out...

Hi,

I am Sherry, hubby Bruce.

DS- Michael age 12, nephew Tim age 19, granddaughter Peyton age 5. I bought us all Old Navy flag tees, grey.

Remember I am in the blue power chair.

See ya'll SOON!!!!

Sherry

It is almost here!!!!! We head to Indianapolis tomorrow night to stay at a hotel near the airport so we can catch our 8am flight.

I thought I had seen several on this thread with DDs around my DDs age (7) but now I don't see them :( . Oh well. She will be in the Oceaneer's club much of the time so I suspect she will see the 5 year olds there and will find other kids to play with.

As my signoff says, my name is Kat (Kathleen, but I go by Kat). I will be wearing dark shorts and a white tshirt with Pink Minnie and tropical flowers near the neck. No way will my DH do the matching stuff. I wanted to get the tropical Mickey shirt for him and the dresses for DD and myself but he said no way. Oh well.

I go to sleep thinking of stuff I still need to pack and do. I need to get DH moving and get his dress clothes out and packed. I feel like there is so much to do but I know I have it under control....

See you guys in two days!!!

Kat

Hi,
We leave to go all the way across the state tomorrow to stay at the Radisson overnight. We want a completely leisurely start to the cruise :sunny: .

We have dd5, Brittany and dd7, Jessica with us.

Mark

Mark,

Will you be making it to our presail gathering on deck 10 on Saturday? I am sure that my DD7, Samantha, would love to meet Jessica so they would have someone in the same age group to play together with in the Oceaneer's Club.

Kat

I am so excited I can't sit still or concentrate on work anymore!!!

I have a dd who is 7 named AnnaGrace and a ds 10 named Parker. I am sure they will both be in the clubs especially the first day registering and all. Can't wait to meet all of you. Can you believe I haven't packed a single thing! I've been too busy doing laundry!!!

Guess nobody was able to make it to the meet, eh? I know it rained on Saturday so we didn't meet at the presail. I went to the Promenade lounge at 2 on Monday and waited for a while but no one showed, oh well. We had a great time anyway! And I ran into Sherry in the elevators....

Did everyone else have a great time too??

I looked around for everyone, but wasn't sure where to look since it was raining and with the party inside, very congested.

We had a great time.... wasn't the weather just perfect!:tongue:

TOTALLY forgot on Monday (was afraid that would happen...with the 9 of us, too easy to get distracted)...had my DISBoard shirt on for the sailaway party...too many people in one area. When I get a sec, I'll try to scan a photo...who knows we could've been right next to each other and not even known it.

Had a MAGICal time! The best servers I've ever had! Didn't want to leave them or the ship, but they made us :p .

Hope everyone enjoyed, we want to go back.:(

May be booking WDW for next yr, though, we haven't done it in a while either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter