• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone cruising June 5, 2004?

No, we didn't book REAS,,to be honest we weren't too impressed with Palo's so no need for us to pre-reserve. We find the dining room food pretty good, so we just eat there.

And, I have a thing bout being nekkid for a massage (except hubby hahaha) so massage is out too.

Later
Sherry

Sandi,

We do NOT have the REAS package booked for this cruise but are trying it on our September cruise when it will only be dh and I.

I think it sounds like a bargain, has gotten really good reviews and definately takes some of the stress out of getting reservations.

We are in Central Illinois (Bloomington), are you guys close by?

Sherry, I never get completely undone for my massages. I am thinking about trying one of the hot stone ones this time. Of course that is if I can entice dh to watch all the little ones for an hour or so :)

We are almost there.

:Pinkbounc

grlzmom, we are practically neighbors. We live outside Decatur and get to Bloomington often, have some friends there. We're flying out of BMI on June 3 direct to MCO. I can't wait to start packing as soon as my guest bedroom is free tomorrow. Older dd is home for the weekend from Kentucky and the rest of us have been talking non-stop about our cruise even though she's not able to join us. She'll be ready to leave just because she's sick of hearing about it. We figure our ds (9 yrs) can hang out for awhile in Oceaneer's Lab during and after our Palo dinner, and be able to join us with breakfast in the cabin the next morning.

Sandi

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Jeanne,

I did one of those hot stones ones, (on Princess) it did feel good, but I felt too weird (had undies on too) to do it again. So I did try!! The facial however was great, I may do that again!

I guess I am a prude!!!!!!!!!!

Sherry

Got the docs today!:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
Hey did any of you read the thread on the board about unruley teens? I think my kids are the best in the whole wide world. But another good reason for an early DIS meet will be lots of adults who recognize my children. I don't know why but it gives me peace of mind for many reasons. This will be the first real taste of freedom for my 12 year old. Not sure how comfortable I'll be about letting my 9 year old roam. Thankfully our room is right next to the labs.
YAHOOOOOOOOOOO....we're going on a Disney cruise!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Yes, I saw that posting. Makes me glad my dd is still too young to allow to roam free (though she certainly doesn't think so!). I won't be able to get her up to the first meeting on Saturday until after the sailaway, though.

Does anyone else have main seating? Maybe we can stop by tables in there to introduce kids that didn't want to miss the sailaway?

I am anxiously awaiting orders of clothing for the trip. I ordered a shirt from the Disney store for me and a suit (yes, we ordered a new one) for DH fo formal night. Am hoping both arrive soon. The suit pants will need to be hemmed so they have two weeks!

I looked at menus online and the one for the Master Chefs on Tuesday didn't look like anything I'd be thrilled about so I am seriously thinking about trying to book a Palo ressie for that evening.

Kat

:Pinkbounc princess: :sunny:

I was reading about the teens and can't imagine getting crank calls onboard. DH and I agree that our 9 year-old DS is probably not going to be roaming the ship. We doubt that we'll allow him to sign in/out from the lab by himself, and hopefully he won't mind spending the rest of the time with us. He's a good kid on his own, but easily led astray by others.

Sandi

a while bk...

some of you had posted that you had purchased some snorkel gear at Sam's, we saw them too, but have forgotten...

how much and does a bag/holder to carry come w/???

thanks for your help, down to crunch time hear, makin' sure everythings' bought and done.

still thinking of other things to do or take...

WOOHOO! Cannot wait, hope so much it takes forever to go by once it's here, it's only a wk.

:hyper:
V-

cannot believe I spelled hear, instead of here...sorry guys really not a dufus, just trying to do too much at once. :crazy:

I got ours at Sam's and they did come with a bag. I can't remember exactly how much they cost. Around 30.00 maybe? The good part was my dd's is adult size so hers will last. My ds needed the kids size(the mouth piece, mask, and flippers are smaller) but with his big growing feet, I bet we will only get two summers worth of use.

ds had mask and snorkel from last year so we didn't have to buy that. Not buying her fins as I don't think she will really need them. DH bought mask, snorkel, fins and a dive skin! He got so sunburned at CC last time we went that he isn't taking any chances! And when I ordered his fins I found a cool bag that holds all the gear and has straps like a backpack. For as little as I am likely to snorkel I didn't even bother getting any for me.

I know what you mean about trying to make sure you have everything and if there is anything else you need to get. I think at this point I am just waiting on things I have ordered, including a pin "bag" for dd. She loved the pins when we went to WDW last year and was just getting the hang of trading when we had to leave so she asked if she could bring hers and try again. Why not!

On the one hand I want it to be here now, on the other I have so much at work that HAS to get done before June 4 and it isn't even close to being done. What a dilemma, eh?

Kat

Thanks to our REAS, I just got done booking Palo dinner, brunch and spa ressies. I didn't realize that I got to pick our dining rotation, also (A,P,L). We're doing Palo brunch on Thursday at 10:30, so anyone else booking a brunch? If so, we'd love to have you sit with us... By the way, I was a little confused when I went to aquapac.com and found an insurance company web page. There is an error on the page when trying to submit my order. Is there anywhere else that I can find something similar (other than on the web)?

Sandi

Sandi, I had that problem with aquapac too. It is www.aquapac.net. Confusing, isn't it???

I haven't even though of doing brunch at Palo. If you want folks to sit together don't you have to simply book a table for more than just you? I've never done it so I don't know...

Kat

Our snorkel gear at Sams was like 30 dollars and does come with plastic bag (body glove brand I think).

Thinking now we may not even bring it though since the girls don't really do much snorkeling on Castaway Cay (unless they get there early before all the sand gets kicked up). With parasailing and banana boating they will probably be content.

We will be doing our Palos brunch on Sunday (hopefully). And, if we can get the ressie. doing palo dinner on Mexicalifragalistic night as we dont enjoy that menu too much.

The rowdy teenager issue bothers me. Everyone on the boat has a parent somewhere, obviously they arent being very involved if the kiddos are hanging out that late/that long alone. Not very responsible. My dds do NOT get unlimited free roaming unsupervised time. After all, its supposed to be a family vacation!

So excited! My dd just got a letter today from Jeanne (grzlmom). So nice for her to bond before the cruise.
Is the Mexican night not that great? Since it is just me and the kids, should we try the buffet in the other dining room?
:sunny:
Ann

The mexican was fine, just not to our tastes. The older dds may still go to regular dinner seating while we go to Palo.

Dd 14 and dd 12 think they're so cool to eat alone. That worked out really nice on our last cruise (plus the grandparents are there so they arent really alone).

Anne, My dd was thrilled with your dds letter and another is on the way. Amazing, physically, hair color, eye color, skin color they are very similar. I hope they meet at port that a.m.. What time are you getting there?

whinim, we are on the direct on June 2nd. Gotta love that direct from bloomington and free parking! Things may change though as dh suddenly needs to do some business thing in Atlanta and we may be DRIVING (ugh) so he can stop on the way down.

So close now, must start getting things together.

without my (cheat sheet)navigator at the moment...was looking at some old details, I guess.

On our western, is formal night Thursday or Sunday?:confused:

I think formal night is Monday, isn't it? The navigator for the Western dated April 12, 2004 that I found says it is Monday. Sunday is Key West so I doubt they'd do it that night. I think it is usually a night you have been at sea during the day.

I hope that those of with younger kids can let them meet as soon as possible. We will likely be bringing dd7 to the kids club that night. Hopefully we can get them introduced during or right after the sailaway!

My Minnie shirt and cool tote bag the opens into a beach towel came from the Disney store today! Now I just need the new clothes that we ordered for DH to get here and I will have pretty much everything I need. And after this Saturday I can get down to real packing as my spare room will be available to spread everything out over the bed!

See you all soon!

Kat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter