Anyone done the adventure express tour

Mogs30

Mouseketeer
Hello, was just wondering if anyone has done this, if it's worth it and if my 10 year old who loves animals would like it. Heard you get to touch pegiun ect. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Come on people, there has to be someone out there that has done the "Adventure Express Tour"????. Just wanted to know if it was worth doing. Have not heard anything about this tour. Any help would be great. :) Please!!!!! Thanks

We have done it. We thought it was worth it. They let you see the polar bears along with the penguins. It was interesting to see the big plastic 'toys' the polar bears interact with. It is especially nice to walk in the penguin exhibit as it is very cold. A nice break from the humid outdoor climate. I would suggest making a reservation early in the day though. These tours sell out fast.

Thanks so much for the reply. It sounded very interesting and how many people can acutally say that have touched a penguin??? How was the lunch?? This will be our 1st time at sea world, so hpefully we will find out some things while on tour. I am planning on making an advance reservation for it since there will be 9 of us going. How close to the polar bears do you get??? know you can't touch them as they are not nice creatures. Will our 10 year old like the tour do you think> Thanks again.

I think I was confused. We only did the behind the scenes tour to touch a penguin. I think you are referring to the 6 hour tour where you also get front of the line access and reserved seating. We haven't done this as it is $75 for adults and $70 for children. I really think you are better off just spending less than $10 to do a behind the scenes tour to touch a penguin and see the polar bears. My 10 and 6 year olds loved it. Just seems too pricey to me to spend the extra money on top of the admission price. Not really worth it as the lines aren't that bad at Sea World. Lunch on your own would be cheaper also.

What was the name of the tour you went on???. Yep one I am thinking of is a 6 hour tour, with FOL access into rides and reserved seating into some shows, plus a lunch on lake. How long was the tour you went on?? and were you still able to see shows and things after the tour?? Thanks again.

We went on the Polar Expedition Tour. The tour was an hour. You are able to see things on your own afterwards. Just have to get at the shows early to get a good seat.

Maybe we will skip tour and do the dine with Shamu. ?? :) that sounds like fun too. Thanks for input. Maybe $75 for tour is a bit steep, and if not many people have done them--by looks of these boards, probably not worth it. I will have to check to see if they still have the polar tour. Thanks again for reply.

We are waiting to do the Shamu dinner also. Sounds like a deal for a buffet included. It has started yet. I am going to check to see if they are taking reservations though.

FYI I did the polar Expedition Tour also. It was really cool. Keep in mind if you go in the summer to Orlando that it is winter in the Artic. Therefore you can't take pic. of the penguins in the penguin exhibit as it will mess with there night day cycle. By doing the tour our dd not only got to pet the penguin we got a pic. of her doing it. We were thrilled since I will probably never see another one except as SW. Just thought you'd like to know that. Hope that made since. If you do the tour you get pics of penguins no tour no pics in the summer ok that's better lol.

We are schedule to do this later in June. The confirmation letter that came explains where to meet and when. Lunch is served by Atlantis Lagoon. The lunch choices are as follows:
All lunches include pasta salad, fresh fruit, a cookie and a rice crispy treat. You get to select from:

Marinated boneless grilled chicken breast served chilled with cheese, lettuce and tomotoe.

Tuna salad in flour tortilla with lettuce and tomatoe.

Fresh garden veggies wrapped in flour tortilla with lettuce and tomatoe.

Sliced ham, turkey and cheese stacked on homemade vienna bread garnished with lettuce and tomatoe.

Kids can choose from corn dog nuggets or chicken nuggest and potatoe chips.

I will post later on the actual tour.

We did our tour yesterday (June 15). I would recommend it for the first time to the park. I don't think we would have covered as much territory on our own. The park opens at 9 but you cannot go to the animal exhibits until 10. Your tour will go rain or shine. We had rain/thunderstorms twice during the day. Please be aware that the drainage is not that great in some places. At times we sloshed through water a couple of inches deep. At the start of your tour, they give you a big bottle of cold water for each person. They even provided ponchos for two people in the group that did not have rain gear with them. You get to spend 10-15 minutes at each feeding place of dolphins, seals, and stingrays. We probably spent 20 minutes at the Peguin Encounter. You will see the mantees, whales, and polar bears too. We saw the Shamu show and the Clyde and Seymour Show. The seats were in center sections of the arena. We got an hour for lunch which was serve on the terrace where the Luau is held. The chicken crossiant and deli sandwiches were very good. The pasta salad has a ranch dressing on it. The fruit was an orange and there was the choc. chip cookie and rice crispy treat. Iced tea and lemonade are also served. Our guide, Katherine was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. Your tour also gets you front of the line access to Kracken, Atlantis, and Wild Artic. We were only able to do Wild Artic. Wild Artic has a motion and non-motion viewing so there were no issues with health or height issues. It was thunderstorming both times we tried to fit in the rides and they were shut down. At the end of the tour we were given front of the line tickets for Kracken and Atlantis for that day. I am hoping Sea World will honor them the next time we go, because we could not use them because of the storm and it was our last day in Florida.

Thanks for posting. How many people were in your party? Were there any children? What ages? I appreciate any info.

There were 2 adults and a 10 year old. Most of our group was young families. The youngest child on the tour was probably 6 or 7 years old. There was a total of 17 people in the entire tour group. They had 2 separate groups doing the Adventure Tour.

We did the adventure express tour July 10th after getting to the park their were so many people and it was the lst time there, I was afraid that we wouldn't see as much, went several years ago to the Sea World in Ohio and we couldn't even get close to the dolphins to many people, And this time it was 6 hrs long but we got to pet a seal and feed one pet a shark of some kind and feed sting rays also. Lunch was included and we pick from a list of roast beef sandwich, Grilled chicken sald, ham and cheese and another sandwhich and we got to pick a dessert cheese cake. chocolate cake or jellow { one per person} and pop or drink.
The sandwiches were huge!
Glad I cancelled our lunch a the Underwater Grill, because we went there afterwards since the tour by passed it, And told them I had made ressies a couple of months ago and now did this tour they were real nice and said they could take me right now we had a nice table and watched the sharks swim by, the food wasn't veary good and not much of it so was glad we already had lunch as we would have been very hungry by the end of the day!

Hi,

I just booked an Adventure Express Tour for my DD9 and I (Aug 19th) - I will let you all know how it goes :)

>>^..^<<

We did the Adventure Express tour and enjoyed not having to wait on line for Kraken and Atlantis. We also loved having reserved and prefered seating for the shows. However, it was a slow time of the year and there were no lines anyway. Our guide was also not the most enthusiastic person. Looking back, I had fun, but it was in no way worth the money we paid.

We did adventure tour last month. Total of 17 in group. They change the price for low and high season. We paid $64 incl tax (after $5 gold pass discount). Gave us bottle of water at start of tour. Thought seats in Shamu stadium were superb. Lunch was excellent. Included 3 lots of fish to feed Stingrays, Seals and Dolphins(reserved area). Front of line for the rides while guide held bags (no messing with lockers).
I think if you pay for 1 day admission then $64-$89 on top it is not worth it but if you have some kind of pass or a second day free then yes it is.
We are considering taking friend on the tour next Oct and doing it again.
Wayne

You can book them on the Seaworld website. You can also call 1-800-406-2244.

We did the Polar Expedition and Predators Tours last April. We really liked them and the price is a bargain (each tour is $16 for adults and $12 for kids).

We almost did the Adventure Express Tour, but it seems so expensive. The main draw for us was feeding the dolphins, but it turned out we got to feed the dolphins and sea lions anyway. There are times during the day when you can buy fish to feed the dolphins, sea lions and stingrays. (What a brilliant idea - people pay a premium to feed your animals fish you would have fed them anyway - And we loved it!!!!) I think the trays of fish were $5. I don't remember for sure.

I think we'll do the Dinner with Shamu thing on our next trip. We wanted to on our last trip, but didn't decide for sure until we were at the park and they were already booked for the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter