Anyone else sick of the Yeti from Everest not being repaired? "Fix the Yeti" campaign

And in the immortal words of Roseanne Rosanadana ..... "Never mind ...."

HEY!! I thought it was on there!!! Time to go play with the sig

I know I'm dating myself but that was Gilda Radner's other character: Emily Litella :)

:confused3all attractions go down on regular basis for refurbishment, which range anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. It's necessary, along with pool refurb; just wish they'd give longer notice.

i'd be willing to bet it's more of an expensive/logistical issue holding back the repair or it'd have been completed by now. If a foundation problem, not sure how they'd work around the surrounding structure (the actual mountain) without causing more harm .:confused: good thing they have smrt Imagineers to figure it out.

So what you mean is periodic maintenance type refurb. The word regular can imply a number of things you know, and it was not clear from the context. Now that it is established, however, I am rather curious - when and what rides have closed for 6 months for periodic maintenance refurbs?

And in the immortal words of Roseanne Rosanadana ..... "Never mind ...."

I know I'm dating myself but that was Gilda Radner's other character: Emily Litella :)

Emily_Litella-792387.jpg

Maybe they could just pump in some Aerosmith to compensate. :rolleyes:

Come on now, fix that Yeti... dawg gone it! :headache: <---(sorry for the language)

From the Travel Channel special, Joe Rhone (sp?) said that the three structures, the ride, the mountain, and the Yeti are all completely integrated and intertwined. The way he described the attraction made it seem that while the three structures are independent, they are also symbiotic.

I'm sure that they are planning on fixing the foundation, but since the ride only opened 5 years ago, and is still a major E ticket headliner, they don't want to take it down for an extensive rehab just yet. It really is the big ride at AK (for thrill seekers. . .I know the park centers on KS).

I would love to see the Yeti in full swing again, and I'm sure the Imagineers have already mapped out the fix.

It won't take 10 million years, or even 7 and a half million years, but we will eventually get The Question.

The answer is 42 if you are curious.

It won't take 10 million years, or even 7 and a half million years, but we will eventually get The Question.

The answer is 42 if you are curious.

If that's the right answer, as you say, we have been asking the wrong question.

I am beginning to think that the Yeti never existed in the form that some are saying they have seen when the ride first opened....that just like Big Foot or Lochness..no one has seen them and its all a made up story that lives on in folk tales and speculations...a lore if you will.

I have yet to see a person take a picture and post it of the yeti...and not posting the "official" yeti shot that I see on Google.

Also...how does anyone know how long it would take to fix???

The yeti ABSOLUTELY needs to be fixed.. the ride is lame without it swooping down and scaring the poop out of me. Without it moving it's just a yawn of a rollercoaster-- nothing special. Shut it down and figure it out, it's not like anyone will be missing anything!!!

I went down this past September. I had last been there in 2004 when they were building Everest. I couldnt wait to get back to ride it!! I saw different Disney Parks specials on TV where they would talk about it and show the Yeti. I said wow, can't wait. When I went there this year, I had no idea it was broken. In fact, I just found out here it's been for so long. The park was not crowded the day I went and rode EE three times in a row with absolutely no wait in between, we just walked on. I was very dissappointed that it wasn't working. I can't believe they would let such a big draw attraction not function properly this long. What a shame. FIX THE YETI!!!!

Yawn. Another resurrected thread. Blow the dust off it first, please-it's making me sneeze.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter