Anyone else to use besides...

videoman

Are we on the Magic yet?
Shirley from the Perfect Gift. It's my Wife's birthday and I would like to have the room decorated and something a little special for her when we get on-board 10-11-03

Anyone using anyone else besides Shirly?

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hi...........I used Shirley for my 8/23 cruise............I was not pleased at all..................the basket was big and plentiful but the items were for young children under the age of 5 and my daughters are 9 and 12.............also, there were some items missing that I ordered and when I called her she was overwhelmed with her orders and told me to call back...........I was unable to get in touch with her because we left the port and our cell phones did not work..............Also, she quoted me around 150.00 and when I received my charge bill it was close to 185.................I would not use her again but then other people have been pleased....................good luck...........

My wife ordered some baksets from her as well and I thought the price was very expensive that's why I looking for someone else. Did you ever manage to get any satisfaction from her?

I never contacted her when i got back home..........I should have but i was just so upset with the items that I felt I was really going to lose my temper..........so I learned a lesson and I will voice my opinion to other members to beware if you order from the perfect gift

Gift baskets are expensive whether you go through her or DCL. I don't know if any other venders are allowed to deliver to the Magic. She does have to pay a pricey delivery fee which is reflected in her pricing. But you could look on DCL's website at the magical treasures those are your other option.

Hi videoman ~

Have you thought of going directly thru Disney?

Our room was decorated for my Mom's birthday. It was VERY nice and quite the surprise!! The DCL gift booklet usually comes with your documents and is under the 'Stateroom Celebrations' pkg. It is the 'Happy Birthday' pkg item # 1169, cost a reasonable $30.! You can order by calling 800 601 8455. It includes a big BD banner over the bed, a cute cascading HB piece hanging fr ceiling and a neat centerpiece on coffee table.

The sample is a Bon Voyage, but you get the idea!
Hope this helps!!

fae7a6ee.jpg

We used Shirley and loved her stuff....we will be using her again for our May Cruise. She put everything in the basket that I requested and it was done up beautifully!

We ordered two baskets from The Perfect Gift for our 8-23-03 cruise. We had ordered special things to be put in our baskets and all that we requested were in the baskets. For what we had in our baskets, I thought the price was fair. In talking with Shirley at the Radisson the night before our cruise, I found out that DCL charges Shirley $12.50 per basket that is delivered to the ship. I had also ordered a 1/2 of sheet cake for our DISmeet around the Radisson pool for our Friday night get together, Shirley did not even charge me for it, she said it was a gift from her and Norm. In my opinion, if anyone has a problem with The Perfect Gift, they should contact Shirley, I know she would do her best to resolve any problems. One of our baskets was not delivered before we got to our cabin, it was on the ship, just not in the cabin. Shirley called back to us several times before we sailed away, just to make sure that we received the basket, she also gave us a name of someone on the ship to call and contact about the basket. Before we had a chance to call, the basket was delivered. Just as we were getting ready to call Shirley and tell her our basket was delivered, Shirley called us, and was happy to hear that our basket had arrived.

Hi texanlvr.

there were some items missing that I ordered

For our second cruise this past August, I ordered two baskets from Shirley at The Perfect Gift - one for DM and one for DS10. When I ordered "Buckaroo's" basket, I had specifically requested a stuffed Bugs Bunny (his favorite character). Apparently, all of the Looney Tunes characters were mugged by the Disney characters. Shirley substituted a stuffed Mickey along with a personal letter from the Bugster himself explaining that he couldn't make this particular sailing of the Magic.

You have to let any business owner know when they have fallen short of your expectations. Shirley is human which, by definition, excludes perfection (although I must say, she sure is close). If your anger is that intense for unsatisfactory gift baskets, I'd hate to see you on a bad hair day...

Glad to hear, however, that the baskets were "plentiful."

To those that have expressed their dissatisfaction or felt they were "overcharged" -------I have never ever charged anyone just to charge- I have always tried to comply with what anyone wanted -----I have always been very careful of the baskets and what was put into those baskets to go not only with the children as far as boy/girl but ages as well - more times than not I have stopped someone from overordering simply because I felt that maybe too much was being brought and the children would not have the time to use the items ---Now I will for a fact look into the complaint of texanlvr ------it amazes me that if someone does something so wrong that I was not contacted ---my honor is as good as my word -----now I would appreciate a call at 800-950-4559 so that I can at least understand what the problem was - as for using someone else at the port ---I am sorry that I do not know anyone that I can recommend or I would -----DCL is the only one that I can recommend.
If I didn't get back to someone - I am sincerely very very sorry - I may have forgotten during a very hard 5 weeks of events I had no control over --if so a call back would have brought me back into the real world again. Videoman I do not know what you have ordered that you feel was "expensive" --was it special champagne etc -----how about you also calling me so that we can straighten out anything you are concern with ---I do not know without a name I would recognize - you can also email me at snelsonbrown@aol.com -------
believe it or not I am NOT overwhelmed with basket orders as stated ----as I said before we do not know there is disappointment if we are not made aware of it. I am, as I said, very fair but most of all very honorable and I do step up to the plate of responsiblitity if wrong was done --which is more than I can say about most businesses - I will find out tomorrow exalty what brought this all about.
I do apologize to those that were so disappointed in not only me, but my shop as well. I make it very easy to be contacted with phone numbers and email address - If I sound harsh, I apologize for that also - guess my feelings are just very hurt.
Always
Shirley

Oh my gosh! How sad for those of you that didn't go thru the proper channels before feeling the need to slander Shirley in a public forum! :mad:

I have heard many, many, many good things about Shirley and The Perfect Gift on the DIS Boards as well as other Disney-related websites and email lists... if you were the very rare customer that was not satisfied, you should have immediately contacted her, the business owner, as you would if you were dissatisfied with any company. I have viewed her website and her pricing is VERY reasonable... especially considering she pays such a high fee to deliver to the cruise ships! I'm definitely planning on ordering several gift baskets as our cruise draws nearer... I sure hope none of these posts cause anyone that may have ordered, not to order... I'm sure Shirley could provide a list of pleased customers a mile long for anyone that wanted it!

~ Angie
Mommy To 5

......... If your anger is that intense for unsatisfactory gift baskets, I'd hate to see you on a bad hair day... BEST LAUGH I HAVE HAD ALL DAY!!
Also, I have to add that although I have yet to order a basket from Shirley, she was kind enough to send me plenty of brochures of the cocoa beach area resorts out of the kindness of her heart!! That was a sweet gesture that was not made for any other purposes other than kindness. To the poster who was not completely satisfied, please don't bash her on this board. If you have a problem, work it out with her directly.
Just my opinion!
Michelle

Just wanted to say that I am another satisfied customer of the perfect gift - I have just ordered 3 baskets for my upcoming cruise and it is because I am so happy with the last order - I felt it was very reasonable and my daughter was especially happy that she received a special gift from Mickey Mouse.
I must agree with the others, if you know anything about Shirley, then you know that she is willing to do anything for people she barely knows - She is a kind hearted soul -

Karen

I ordered a gift basket for my sons for my cruise next week from Shirley. Within 2 minutes of my phone call to Shirley, she gave me her cell phone number and home phone number...just in case. I was going to ask for her bank account number and her left kidney, but I was afraid she would actually give it to me. She is one of the most kind-hearted people.

She bent over backwards to help me figure out what to put into the baskets. I was on the phone with her for at least 1/2 hour (on her 800 number) and she never made me feel like she was in a hurry or that I was a nuisance. NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Finally, she was very professional and I would have NO hesitation calling her if there is a problem with the baskets. Although I often freak out on a bad hair days, I am SURE that the baskets will be perfect Shirley.

Being in the service industry, I have learned that you cannot please everyone all the time. But you have to remember to stay true to yourself and there are those people that really do appreciate you and your business.

Thank you Shirley
Rose

BUT this bugged me all night. Shirely REALLY goes out of her way for people and for someone to bash her is just WRONG! Last year she even allowed me to send down yugioh cards and a book for our basket for my son. Didn't charge me a penny to include them. If you want to accuse her of something it would be for being overly generous.........

Originally posted by videoman
Shirley from the Perfect Gift. It's my Wife's birthday and I would like to have the room decorated and something a little special for her when we get on-board 10-11-03

Anyone using anyone else besides Shirly?

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Not if they want great products at a great price. We have had several baskets and flowers from her and they were wonderful.
She do anything and everything, so why trust your gift to anyone else?

The flowers she used were so beautiful and stayed healthy and fresh beyond our cruise.

Rae

This post by texanlvr had me quite concern that I was losing my marbles in fact I started to come to the shop in the middle of the night to satisfy my brain, but decided I needed to do some research before I overstepped by bountries - I will admit at anytime that I am capable of making mistakes --being human is part of life but this time, I did exalty what I was asked - in fact I remember this conversation quite well since my daughter has lived in her part of the state for many years --we talked about her state, the weather etc - the girls are 9 and 12 years old and all the items requested was sent and all the items were for their ages such as sodas, snacks, autograph book and pen, chocolates, popcorns, binoculars for the older child and a Cinderella magic wand for the youngest, glow lights, mickey and minnie towels, message bottles (which I requested at the time no home address or phone number was to be used if thrown overboard) wrapped in a 2003 tote which all added to the amount of $173.31 which included delivery and tax. As I spoke to this customer she did not want to leave her hubby out, so I included some Key West Taffy for him (wrapped) at no cost -
I am not doing to run texanlvr down. I just want to give her the benefit of doubts that just maybe she got angry over something else -
I find it hard to believe that in speaking with her during this time, she meant her comments --and if she did, I want to say to her that I did follow your suggestions to the letter including doing something for your hubby - I would be more than happy to mail you a copy of all your paperwork and the fact you accept the cost when we went over it.
I hope that this can be resolve for I hold no malice and I still welcome comments regardless of the situation - I just ask for the chance to make it right if and when I do make errors. OK
Thanks for taking the time to write and thanks for reading what I have had to say. I am not here to take anyone or hurt anyone -
With much love and thanks
Always
Shirley

I ordered a basket for my MIL for our May sailing and had some special requests made to Shirley. She quoted me a price based on the basket and the extra's I wanted. When we got in the room the basket was not there and i was very disappointed. I called Shirley who assured me that the basket had been delivered and sure enough within 1/2 hour the basket was there. It was Disney that was slow in delivering. I panicked too soon. The basket was beautiful, included all I had asked for plus more. Shirley had put in all the Key West info in it as well (we were a Western sailing). When I got the bill it was exactly what I expected.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Shirley again. She does great work, goes out of her way to help people, and is a fair and honest businesswoman.

Shirley I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm sorry for doubting you and calling in a panic - you did great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter