Anyone else to use besides...

We used Shirley's services for our first cruise this last May. We wanted a bag for the kids to celebrate their first cruise. I called the Perfect Gift. I spoke briefly with Shirley and she apologized that she was very busy and transferred me to someone else who was very kind and helpful. I'm sorry I don't remember this lady's name. :( She helped me pick and choose what I wanted (I knew I wanted the tote bag, sand toys, and drink cups) She also recommended bubbles for sailaway (which we forgot in the room) chips, juice boxes, glow necklaces,....and maybe a few other things. She asked what we wanted the card to say....I was clueless, so she suggested it be from Mickey and Minnie and the gang.

When my kids saw the bag, they were ECSTATIC. The card read "Welcome aboard, love Mickey, Mini, and the gang." Luckily it was in fancy cursive and my dd was more interested in seeing what was IN the bag so she didn't notice the misspelling of Minnie's name! She'd have questioned why Minnie didn't even spell her name right! :eek: We received Ranch flavored Doritos instead of regular Doritos (and ended up throwing them out b/c we all can't stand the ranch flavor.) But that all didn't matter as my kids ripped open the goodies and were all excited that Mickey and the gang left them presents. In fact, they still refer to some of their sand toys as "the pail Mickey gave us" or "the shovel from Mickey" :)

When I ordered, I asked how much it would be and the lady did some figuring in her head and said "probably around $50. I didn't know how much that basket cost us until we got home and got the credit card bill!! :eek: It was just over $100. I was shocked! Now that I look back, in the scheme of things, $100 wasn't that much for the joy it added to my kids' cruise.

So all in all I was pleased with the service? YES! Did I learn something? YES! If I want a certain flavor of something, request it and also request "no substitutions." Next time I will ask how much it will be (ballpark) when I'm on the phone and ask them to call me back when they know for sure....and I can always tweak the order if it's too much.

I think Shriley takes a lot of pride in her company and it is her ultimate goal to please everyone, but yet still make enough to live on.....that's not a crime! I'm thankful that she's doing it and has a presence here on the DIS. :)

Good lesson to learn ohiominnie (so sorry you had to learn it the hard way)
I ALWAYS get a firm price on anything I put on my creditcard. I knew to the penny what my bag was going to cost and that is exactly what Shirley billed me.
BTW shirley stock up on the pinot grigio again and the pepsi one I will be sending my order on soon.(still trying to think of something to surprise mike with )

Ohiominnie,
Can you please call me at the shop 800-950-4559 - you spoke to Joanne at that time -----I want to find out what happened --please please call me when things aren't right - I always try to contact those I speak with so they will know exalty what is what - I myself do not like surprise - now I do want to clear a few things up --more or less this is a general stuff speaking --most folks are in the belief that I create over 50 or more baskets a week for customers ----most folks are in the belief Disney is very reasonable with the charges to those that take deliveries aboard - Now the real truth we do less than 10 a week (hard to believe huh) but that is ok for we understand ------secondly --Disney charges us $12.50 for everything that is taken accross their docks - there is no if, ands, or butssss --I had questioned those charges many times, but all I can understand is that it helps pay housekeeping that delivers all packages that come aboard ---Disney charges, but it is in their pricing which is ok also they have a great deal responsiblities than I have - I myself can not in good conscience charge the $12.50 - I just have a very difficult time being known as over priced when the true fact is
I sure will never retire from this business with a big retirement
check
:D but I love my job but most of all I love my customer regardless of any thoughts or comments - One good thing - life goes go on
I am the only company that allows anyone to send items to include in their packages to make it more personalable - I do a lot of traveling for special items so make the baskets more special -
I can not carry everything everyone wants due to the fact then I become a company that doesn't put their hearts into it - I do not post to "drum up business" as I been told in the past - as long as I am considered a friend that can be relied on - well that makes me feel blessed.
Thanks for all the sweet comments and the unpleasant comments - I do treasure them all.
With much love
Always
Shirley

Shirley,
I hope you don't feel like my post was bashing your shop. I LOVED the basket, as did the kids! I was :eek: at the price in the end, but when I looked at what I got, I was worth it. I would recommend your shop to anyone in a heartbeat. There is nothing, IMHO, to "figure out" about my order. :) I loved it!!!!!

You're a great lady and you provide a great service!

I had a lot of special requests for our basket from Shirley. A lot of items were things she did not have in stock. I called back to get the confirmed price. She found the items, packed them beautifully; they were in our cabin on arrival. Disney isn't gonna make up your basket to order. What you see is what you get, and therefore, there is no question about their price. Just the fact that DCL lets only Perfect Gift "compete" with them tells you how good her services are. She supplies a service they cannot. Anyone who has ordered anything, flowers, food gifts, etc. from other companies knows how pricey this sort of service is. My brother orders flowers for my mother, and often pays well over $150! I recently made up a basket for relatives, $12 basket, $6 for enough cellophane to cover it, $40 for food, $20 for small gifts, then paid $26 to ship, not to mention how long it took me to shop and package the stupid thing. And man it was UGLY. Shirley's basket was lovely!

Carla

OM - of course I didn't take your post as a bashing - you were very honest and that I appreciate - no I just wanted to ask you something that was all - listen in this life if we go through it without any hurts, we couldn't appreciate the good - I have been very blessed with the many folks I have "met" - I am very honored that Norm and I are here if and when someone needs a safe zone - fortunalty we have been able to help a few in need - we just don't speak of it simply because it isn't neccessary to speak of good you just might do for someone for that takes away our purpose in offering it.
If you down this way again, stop in and have a cup of coffee - we did get a coffee maker just in case ---
Thanks for everything and have a great time with memories of your cruise.
With love
Always
Shirley

Shirley,

When I first posted this thread I didn't in any way mean to hurt or bash your company. I was just looking to see if there was another company to use since my wife had ordered almost $800.00 worth of baskets from you for our 1st Disney crusie on 10/11. and I didn't want her to see that I'm using the same credit card. I will be celbrating my Wife's birthday on board and would like to have the room decorated and give her something special. I thought there might be other ways to do this besides your company. But from what I have read and what my wife tells me from speaking to you in ordering her baskets. there would be NO SENSE in going somewhere else!!!!!
You have a excellent reputation from this board and I'm sure when I arrive on Saturday, I will be extremly pleased with my wife's purchases from you.(She ordered baskets for the family we are going with also). Could you please let me know if it is too late to have something made up for her for her birthday. I would also like to have the room decorated also. Do you do that too. PLease send me an email @ R2gurlz@optonline.net and let me know what you offer!!!

Once again I NEVER intended to harm your name or reputation.

Looking forward to speaking to you soon

THANKS
princess:

I, like Ann, was going to let this go..but decided not to..

Being one of Shirley's three DIS "children"(Barb and Beth are the
other two)...I cannot for the life of me see how anyone could
post a hurtful comment on these boards about her. This great
lady would, within her power, do anything for anyone!!

I have ordered from her at least 3 or 4 times and cannot wait
to order again for our December cruise. Shirley knows us so well,
that unless DD makes a suggestion to me...I don't even tell her
want I want in the baskets....she just does them for me!!!

OK...I better get off my soap box before I say something I shouldn't......

Ann, see you in December.....Shirley...you're the best....talk to you soon......

Phyllis

:cool:

VM - I sent you a note - give me a call if you have any questions ok.
Hey my buddy Phyllis - oh my gosh I have thought of you so often - so you are going on a cruise huh - eh I hope the sunglasses are hung around hubby's neck this time :teeth:
Anyhow when you get a chance drop me a note or call me at the shop - want to know how all is going.
I really want to end this thread and in honestly I sincerely believe that Texanluv is not wrong in her feelings even tho her order was correct - I just dont' want her bashed any further - there can be a lot of reasons that we just don't understand - in fact I left a message for her to call me to tell her it was ok - I will end this with remember I do make mistakes as I said earlier but I want you each to know that even with those mistakes - I put a lot of love into everything that I do -
May each be very blessed and have a great time getting ready for your cruise
also remember those going on the Western - I do offer a lot of free stuff on Key West (that is my hometown) of does and don'ts -
doesn't cost you anything except the envelope and stamps -
If you are interested, you are most welcomed to drop me a noteat snelsonbrown@aol.com
Much love everybody - now lets start enjoying this board again ok
Subject closed
Much love
Shirley and Norm
:earsgirl: :earsboy:

You are one class act, Shirley!

God bless you!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter