Anyone else worried about fall supplies?

In Ontario. Government just hasn't bought enough. Not like they didn't know about the pandemic. They just figured most people don't get it, so they couldn't imagine why people would get it this year. Either that, or there's a supply shortage, which wouldn't surprise me, either, since I've heard a lot of the flu shot makers are tied up with potential covid shot production.

Check with your local public health unit. Here in Ottawa, Ottawa Public Health has been running flu shot clinics by appointment. I just checked and could have booked an appointment for one person for tomorrow afternoon at the location near us [though all other slots were full through over a week from now, so I am guessing that slot might be due to someone else's cancelation].

In Ontario. Government just hasn't bought enough. Not like they didn't know about the pandemic. They just figured most people don't get it, so they couldn't imagine why people would get it this year. Either that, or there's a supply shortage, which wouldn't surprise me, either, since I've heard a lot of the flu shot makers are tied up with potential covid shot production.
From CBC news:
The province has ordered 700,000 more flu doses than last year, for a total of 5.1 million doses, which is a record number for Ontario.

Check with your local public health unit. Here in Ottawa, Ottawa Public Health has been running flu shot clinics by appointment. I just checked and could have booked an appointment for one person for tomorrow afternoon at the location near us [though all other slots were full through over a week from now, so I am guessing that slot might be due to someone else's cancelation].
I will check, but I don't think they're doing anything. The website just says to go to your doctor or pharmacy or a walk-in clinic.

If you're interested for the U.S. through the week of 10/30 (starting the week of 8/14) the U.S. has administered 172.3 million total doses. That's on the link down below. It says for the U.S. it's anticipated to distribute 194-198 million doses (subject to change as the season goes).

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/vaccine-supply-distribution.htm

I got my shot during that time frame, but it took some doing. My doctor's office didn't have any, the first time I went to the pharmacy they had a 90 minute wait, the second time to the pharmacy they were out of the shot. I called the pharmacy on another day to be told they had the shot, only to have them be out when I arrived. I finally was able to schedule my shot on line, and that worked out.

That is crazy!

I got my shot during that time frame, but it took some doing. My doctor's office didn't have any, the first time I went to the pharmacy they had a 90 minute wait, the second time to the pharmacy they were out of the shot. I called the pharmacy on another day to be told they had the shot, only to have them be out when I arrived. I finally was able to schedule my shot on line, and that worked out.

That is crazy!
Sounds like it! Maybe they had been prioritizing people with appointments then leaving whatever was left for more walk-ins and in your case just running out too quickly for walk-ins?

I could see the stronger vaccine for those 65 and up though may be harder to come by or take more work but that's just me guessing.

Have not seen any shortages of things that I need to buy. I don't hoard by any means, but I've always kept a few weeks supply of anything I use a lot of. Was shocked at some youtube videos I saw recently of people hoarding things and storing them all over their houses - just causing a lot of fearmongering of possible shortages in gullible easily terrified people.
We all just need to be sensible and buy what we need for our households for a few weeks ahead, not a year, then there'd be plenty for all.

Supermarket near me (Southern New Jersey right outside of Philadelphia) out of every kind of meat except for a few packs of chicken and some packs of pork chops. We got what we could in frozen meats, which aren't ideal but better than nothing. And so it begins.

Supermarket near me (Southern New Jersey right outside of Philadelphia) out of every kind of meat except for a few packs of chicken and some packs of pork chops. We got what we could in frozen meats, which aren't ideal but better than nothing. And so it begins.

ugh, no. I think I’m about to do a large online grocery order. We usually follow you guys. 😕. We had never missed anything, but I heard people go searching in different stores, so I will stick do ordering online, just maybe getting a larger order

I will check, but I don't think they're doing anything. The website just says to go to your doctor or pharmacy or a walk-in clinic.
Here in Alberta the heath regions aren't doing any public clinics. They are administering shots only to children under 5 and those who are immuno-compromised. Everyone else needs to go to a pharmacy (where they give priority in line to seniors) or their own doctors. My workplace put on an in-house clinic for employees - the vaccine was provided by Alberta Healthcare but the company had to pay for an appropriately-credentialed RN to administer the injections.

In Ontario, it's advertised as free for anyone that wants it. That's what's frustrating. I want it, but can't get it. They say we can get it even into Dec, but that's when the flu starts ramping up. Also, there's no guarantee enough will come in to cover the demand. That's the real problem.

Shoppers near me had "less than 30" in today, but also a line up and DH was on a conference call and DS was in online school, so the timing was really bad and the chance they'd even have any left by the time we got there was low. My doctor hasn't received any in a few weeks.

No shortage of meats here in MA. I’m thinking that maybe this was just a delivery issue. Hope you are able to get what you need.😊

Amazon brand disinfecting wipes are back in stock this morning! 3 pack (75 count each) for less than $10. (Lysol wipes are in stock, too, but more expensive.) Doesn't ship for a few weeks,but that's all right. We're getting low, but not out yet. And when this order arrives, it should be just at the right time. DH said that disinfecting wipes are one thing he never can seem to find when he goes to the stores around here.

Just read an article that stores are starting to implement buy limits again. Kroger, Publix and Harris Teeter were mentioned. They are doing it to avoid people overbuying.

Market Basket is limiting paper towels to 2 packs. I am sure as time goes on there will be more limits on various items. I am at the point where when I open a new package I buy a package to replace it. That goes for most things I buy. If I use a can of beans or tomato sauce we buy one to replace it the next time we shop. DH does the shopping and he has only seen the limits on paper towel for now and plenty of meat and produce.

Every time I go in a store, I buy a jumbo pack of TP and paper towels. I've been doing this all summer. So when there is a mad rush on that stuff in the coming weeks/months, I won't be a part of it. I have a very nice stash in my basement.

(I’ve only read the first and last page.)

TP, clorox wipes (never really fully stocked since the beginning) and eggs are what I just noticed running low.

Eggs were the limited item that was most difficult for us back in the spring! I was able to find TP enough times that we didn’t run out, and we cut down a lot on paper towel use to make the rolls we got last longer, but we tend to go through a lot of eggs. Between trying to shop less frequently and limits on how many you could buy at once, it was tough.

(I’ve only read the first and last page.)

Eggs were the limited item that was most difficult for us back in the spring! I was able to find TP enough times that we didn’t run out, and we cut down a lot on paper towel use to make the rolls we got last longer, but we tend to go through a lot of eggs. Between trying to shop less frequently and limits on how many you could buy at once, it was tough.
I haven't used paper towels my whole marriage (30 years) but then we got a puppy and used them to clean up accidents. Now he's over a year and we aren't using them nearly as much. But...we are getting another puppy for Christmas so....back to paper towels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter