Anyone ever had car touble and used Car Care Center?

tammydel

A true blue DISer!
I've posted this over at the transportation board, but I thought I'd try here because I know many other DVC folks sometimes drive.

I am having maybe battery or starter trouble, valet says Car Care Center can come get it this AM.
Wondering if anyone has any experience with them....

Thanks,
Tammy

PS
...will post later about BWV, BCV and HHI trip (if we make it to HHI in my car!)

I have not, but I've heard good things about them. I'm quite sure they're an authorized AAA garage. Hope things work out for you easily!

We used them in Sept 2002. We had unexpected car trouble as we arrived on Disney property before we had even check in. It was evening and security came, picked us and our luggage up, took us to the resort and made arraingements for the car to be towed to the Car Care Center. After the Center detemined the problem they called and discussed it with us and then fixed the problem. They even arrainged for my husband to be picked up so we could get the car. The price was on par with any other repair shop and the service was great. Don't hesitate to use them if the need arises!

I use them for an emergency - light won't go out on the dash board.

they took a long time - didn't have this part - so it took hours.

It won't have been a problem earilier in the trip - but this was the day we were going offsite....

I had a probem with the chedk engine light.
it wouldnt go off. i took the car over there.
They ran a few tests and couldnt find anything wrong.
Didnt charge me anything.
My car did end up needing service about 3 months later.

Thanks for the replies.

Here's how it's gone so far. They came and flatbed towed my car (which of course happend to start this time!) The towing is FREE! I spoke to them later in the day and they confirmed my fear - starter is shot and shorted the battery. So new starter and battery $450 and it is supposed to be done today. My friend just had her starter done for a little over $300. Add in my battery and it's not not that much more. Knowing my car will start is worth the $$$.

Now I know I'll get to Hilton Head!

Tammy

Last trip to VWL the power steering line snapped on our minivan. Added a nice smokey atmosphere to the VWL parking lot. We used them b/c it was so close to VWL and our car was out of warranty. Figured anywhere else would cost just as much (for an out-of towner) and I'd lose even more vacation time trying to find an offsite dealer, etc. Bill was $500 or so...that garage has to be a gold mine. Overall, we were glad it broke down at Disney and not on the road home.

We've never used them for car repair, but we did fill up at the gas station attached to it....during the hurricane a month or so ago. They were the ONLY station between WDW and Tampa (where we live and had to drive back to that evening) that had not jacked up their prices! Every one else was 25 to 50 cents higher! They've earned my repeat business, that's for sure! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter