• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever received "pixie dust" for celebrating something at WDW?

I have received several. 6 years ago, celebrating my 60th birthday I received my own parade with Pooh and all the characters at the Crystal Palace. I received a cupcake and all the characters came over at Chef Mickeys and swept me up for another solo parade. I also got a special annoucement and kisses from Cinderella and the step sisters at 1900 Parkfare. That was 2013. My wife and I also celebrate our wedding anniversay every year. The last three years we have had balloons in the room when we arrived, along with assorted treats and coffee mugs. One year (2015) we received beach blankets and a picture frame along with the treats. All from simply acknowledging with the CM when we make our reservation that we are celebrating our anniversary.
That's so sweet!

We have gone several times over DD's birthday. One year she had a cupcake with almost every meal, even breakfast. We were on the meal plan that trip. Last time, we were not on the meal plan and I think she only got one cupcake and a Mickey straw on the first day of our trip. She didn't wear her birthday button every day like the first trip. I'm not sure if having the meal plan the first trip made any difference or not, but it's really hit and miss. She got many birthday greetings from Cast Members all over the place, which really made her feel special, even without a cupcake.

When I set up the Magical Express, the CM on the phone asked if we were celebrating anything. I told her it was our anniversary. She immediately said she was making a note because they "definitely want to celebrate that with us". What do you think that means? Has anyone ever gotten anything "special" because Disney knew the trip was for an anniversary or similar event? Just curious. :)

Count on nothing.

We travel on our anniversary, in general. At Disney we have had it on our reservation in 03 (honeymoon) 08 (5th) and 13.(10th)

On our honeymoon, we could not even get a king bed (AKL). Pins offered.

For our 5th, we got upgraded to CL MK view (Poly). Big to do,Truely magical!!!! gifts in our room on multiple days, signed cards from Mickey and Minnie, chocolate covered strawberries, cookies and milk, a gift basket... leis given, pins offered and we kept getting them in our room. ( 3 sets of pins)

For our 10th, we barely got the room class we booked. (Poly) pins offered.

Now for our honeymoon, while nothing happened at the hotel, we did get asked to be in the parade at Hollywood studios. We were wearing bride and groom hats. Proof is in my signature, but that is truly a once in several lifetimes thing and not done much if at all anymore. That is a memory I will hold dear in my heart!

Last edited:
We have typically gotten an acnowledgment of some kind, even if just a verbal one. Only on our honeymoon way back in 2005 were we upgraded from standard view at BC to CL. We've gotten cards and desserts, were made family of the day at Garden Grill, gotten free slushy drinks at Club Cool.

I never expect a thing. I just go in with a big smile, happy to be there.

I wonder if they are more inclined to do things for you at the deluxe hotels vs the value hotels. Seems from most stories about hotel upgrades and stuff being left in the rooms are for people staying at the deluxe hotels. Makes sense that they would treat the people paying more better :P

Don't go with an occasion expecting very much or you may be underwhelmed. Room upgrades, room decorations, and small freebies are anywhere from nonexistent to the exception, in our experience. You can expect (and ask for if not offered) a button to pin on your shirt. SOme CM's will notice and then acknowledge your occasion with best wishes.

My 30th birthday - a button and birthday wishes by some CM's.
My DD's 10th birthday - button and birthday wishes by some CM's
DD honeymoon - buttons, verbal acknowledgements, a free cupcake each.
DS honeymoon - buttons, verbal acknowledgements, nice table to watch Illuminations at R&C (upon request, may not have been related to the honeymoon)
45th wedding anniversary trip - a button at the GF RPC, candy and balloons in the room at BWI CL.
other anniversaries - nothing at all.
many occasions through the years - nothing or buttons with occasional verbal acknowledgements by CM's.

Years ago, I used to hope for 'grand' pixie dust, but it just doesn't usually happen. I was very impressed with finding 3 chocolates and 2 balloons in our room at the BWI. The best pixie dust we ever were given! Not surprising that it was from the BWI CL CM's. They are awesome!

We don't expect anything, anymore. Lately, when asked if we are celebrating anything I just say No, even if there is an occasion. Somehow, I avoid disappointment that way. We make our own pixie dust (by planning and paying) for our celebrations.

Don't t expect anything and be surprised if you get anything. We go for during our anniversary most trips. Got a few cupcakes at CP , a small glass of sparkling wine at Mama Melrose 1 year and a free cannolis dessert another. There are a few others but all along the same lines .
There was one visit we got most of our meal comped at YSH. Waiter told us a couple, who had WDW wedding a few days ago & were on their honeymoon, wanted to buy a couple celebrating a wedding anniversary dinner. We just paid for drinks and our side dishes plus additional $ for an extra tip. But that was pixie dust from a guest with an assist from the staff.

We had some pixie dust while on our Honeymoon in September. It was little things like being congratulated, but we also received some front of the line type moments - so at a few of the rides we didn't have FPs for we were led to the FP line and then flagged through. It was nothing of monetary value but it was special all the same.

My wife and I were celebrating my 50th birthday in October. When we checked into WL, there was all sorts of celebration stuff waiting - balloons, a celebration card, a nice picture frame, a matching pair of Wall-E and EVE mugs, and a small box of chocolates from The Ganachery. It was a lovely surprise!

Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed!lol:)

I have been for my Birthday every year since 2003,always have it noted on reservation and mention it to Front Desk at Check-in and have received Balloons,signed card from Mickey and small gifts in my room TWICE,so that percentage should indicate not to expect ANYTHING on any given trip.:)

We often celebrate our anniversary at WDW and we must be veritable Pixie Dust magnets. We do always wear our buttons and when I finished cancer treatment, I wore a button too.
Apart from the happy wishes from CMs, we’ve received:
Cupcakes at the Kona Cafe
Roses, strawberries and champagne at the GF
50th birthday cake in our room for DH at AKL
Anniversary certificate at the Poly
Anniversary candle holder gift at AKL
Free champagne at Wolfgang Puck’s
Anniversary dessert at Chefs de France
But the best was last August when DH sang “Let Me Call You Sweetheart” to me with the Dapper Dans for 31st our anniversary!

We are DVC members and were given an extra full cleaning on my wife's birthday on our last trip with a Mickey towel animal and a nice note for her. Sounds small, but was really nice and unexpected.

We were asked if we were celebrating anything back in 2016 and let Disney know it was my DD's high school graduation, my wife getting a clean bill from breast cancer diagnosed a few months earlier and our 30th wedding anniversary all at the same time. Did we receive any pixie dust as far as our room? No. Nor was I expecting it. Truthfully I wasn't expecting it anywhere.

But when it came to our dining experiences we sure did. We were greeted at CG with a very warm greeting, congrats on our celebrations and then were led to a wonderful window view overlooking the MK and view of Wishes. Narcoossee's brought us each a dessert of choice, Tiffins and Blue Zoo also gave us a very nice dessert as well. I was not expecting it, but was very grateful to them for it.

When there was still a "talking" Mickey at Magic Kingdom, he sang "Happy Birthday" to me.

My husband and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary and got upgraded to CL at WL. Totally unexpected but certainly magical.

Here now for my 65th Birthday today
Did not mention it- not wearing pin
Going to V&A tonight- did mention it to them- we will see

Here now for my 65th Birthday today
Did not mention it- not wearing pin
Going to V&A tonight- did mention it to them- we will see
My experience at V&A celebrating a birthday they write it on the menu and you get a fruit cake to take home. I went on my birthday one year and I have to blow out a candle on my birthday and they didn't provide a dessert and I was really upset (I'm weirdly superstitious about it) and they actually created a whole dessert from scratch for me and found a candle somewhere in the hotel so I could blow it out. It was amazing service.

When I set up the Magical Express, the CM on the phone asked if we were celebrating anything. I told her it was our anniversary. She immediately said she was making a note because they "definitely want to celebrate that with us". What do you think that means? Has anyone ever gotten anything "special" because Disney knew the trip was for an anniversary or similar event? Just curious. :)

My husband and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary this past December at POFQ. While we were out at the parks one day, we got a huge surprise when we returned to our room that afternoon! We found a beautiful bouquet of flowers on the dresser, including beautiful yellow roses. We also got cards from various departments. We also had a gift bag which contained champaign (sp) glasses etched with stylized mouse ears. We were completely surprised and grateful. We looked all over Disneyworld for those glasses, but never found ones with that etching.
Maybe we got lucky because they can't believe anyone would make it married for 50 years :), but it was greatly appreciated.

... Has anyone ever gotten anything "special" because Disney knew the trip was for an anniversary or similar event? Just curious. :)

The last trip my wife and I took, we were there for our 20th anniversary which also happens to be on Oct. 31st. The lady behind the counter at check in was awesome. She immediately congratulated us (well, immediately upon pulling up out account information). We had been given a room with two queen beds, so we stopped at the front desk to inquire if, as it was just the two of us, they had anything with a single king bed. We made it clear that we would be happy to pay more for a room with a king bed if it happened to be in a different price category, there just wasn't a way to specify king bed when booking. She made noises at that that I can best describe as some version of, "pish tosh". She spoke briefly with a manager, then told us she found just the room for us. We were placed in a Water View King, which was a modest $70/night upgrade, gratis. We were also given a golden FP which was just icing on the cake.

My advice is that Disney cast like to drop pixie dust. Always choose a human interaction over an automated one, it's human CMs that drop the dust. Never ask for or expect anything extra, but being a little obvious about how awesome getting something extra would be is fair play.

I wonder if they are more inclined to do things for you at the deluxe hotels vs the value hotels. Seems from most stories about hotel upgrades and stuff being left in the rooms are for people staying at the deluxe hotels. Makes sense that they would treat the people paying more better :P

You might be surprised. My family rarely books deluxe and we are still treated great, including more than a few pixie dust moments. I think a better predictor is the number of trips a person books. That information is a part of your record that comes up at resort check in and at table service restaurants. It may be that people who make regular trips to the most magically expensive place on earth are more likely to have the means to stay at a moderate or better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter