Anyone Game? It’s my Sep 2013 Blog! I'm home; with a TR link in #1189, 10/14

Love the Mickey pancakes. I almost bought one of those silicone shapers whilst shopping a while back until I remembered I cannot cook and removed it from my cart. Shopping I can do, so I was impressed with my restraint.

I hope you get a set next time you go!

Your humorous recap of Mickey Band drama had me rolling. I was also shocked to see all but one dining reservation listed. I wish it could add other reservations, like recreation or Harmony barbershop. Maybe, they will add that later. Hopefully, we both get selected for the bands, because I too want to get my fastpasses while seated. We will not be hopping parks at all, so it will be easy for me. Disney will probably add a park hopping feature and more than 3 passes a day once they remove the ticketed machines. I am guessing that is far off though.

I can't add them as reservations, but I've managed to select shows and street entertainers that are happening at each park on the day to my itinerary. MDE states that these are not 'reservations' but it is great to see them in my itinerary as a reminder to go see them.

I will be completely honest. I am not excited about the MB & FP+. It's not that I necessarily hate it or am dreading it but I can definitely live without it.

I can understand why Walt Disney World is implementing these things but I think it's making vacation planning more complex and stressful than it needs to be. I know some people have heart attacks just planning which park to go to each day.

I hope you have a good experience with them. Keep us posted on how it goes.

I added the rest of my FP+ events today, but will probably still try to tweak them. It's interesting to say the least, but I think that I feel less commited to a FP time this way. If I miss it, I miss it. It also helps that Fall is usually a bit lower on the crowd scale, so I might be able to afford being a bit relaxed about it.

We'll see how it works in the parks and if I manage to remember when my FP times are. I don't know that I want to constantly be checking the app on my phone so I remember.

Your summarization of your magic band experience so far was quite enlightening! I'm happy to read you've had good luck with personalizing them recently.

The same thing happened to me when I linked our dining reservations to MDE...I put one in and then all of them showed up! It was great!!

I am looking forward to hearing about your overall experience with the bands on your trip! I think we're going to skip them this time...next trip they'll probably be fully implemented and we won't have a choice, so we will wait until then! But, very interested in what your take on them will be! :-)

Ah see that ! you have come over to the "dark side" too with the MB I love how you described the analysis paralysis :rotfl: I'm still sitting there right now as far as FP+ I do get the whole thing of being easy to enter a park, open your room, make purchases with just a touch

I was SO against the whole change as a local, " spur of the moment go to the parks " person and that still bothers me re-FP+ planning and what will REALLY be available day of but since it is still in test mode I've decided to not be so close minded I am intrigued by the concept of the MM+ system

I would now call myself cautiously optimistic about it instead of adamantly against it I love that MDE has all the ADRS and the reservation info right in front of me so that comforts the must be organized side of me :goodvibes

Hope your bands are waiting for you too I'm sure they will be So who got what colors ?

I had a good laugh with a CM on the phone, don't know where she was from, English was definitely not her first language, we were talking and she asked if, and then she was struggling for the words and finally came out with " Do you have an intelligent phone ? " :rotfl: we had a good giggle together she knew I was laughing with and not at her She said " I am so sorry I couldn't remember Smart" phone !

Edited_ Magic Band arrived today ! FAST : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=49357717&posted=1#post49357717

The Magic Bands is something that I will want to try whenever I go back to WDW. It will be awhile when I go back to Florida and upgrade back to the Premier AP. The MB is something that I will be looking forward to hear about during your trip and I will want to get one day. The FP+ is very interesting where you can select what attraction you want to go on without getting a regular FP. I like the old way of getting a FP when you get to the park even though there is a time frame of getting it. If I did get FP+, I would use that for the viewing areas of the parades and fireworks.

I'm hoping that everything goes well for you and your family during your trip.

I will be completely honest. I am not excited about the MB & FP+. It's not that I necessarily hate it or am dreading it but I can definitely live without it.

I can understand why Walt Disney World is implementing these things but I think it's making vacation planning more complex and stressful than it needs to be. I know some people have heart attacks just planning which park to go to each day.

I hope you have a good experience with them. Keep us posted on how it goes.

I hope I have a good experience too.

I added the rest of my FP+ events today, but will probably still try to tweak them. It's interesting to say the least, but I think that I feel less commited to a FP time this way. If I miss it, I miss it. It also helps that Fall is usually a bit lower on the crowd scale, so I might be able to afford being a bit relaxed about it.

We'll see how it works in the parks and if I manage to remember when my FP times are. I don't know that I want to constantly be checking the app on my phone so I remember.

I wonder how I'll feel about it when I'm on the ground too. It'll be an interesting (and hopefully good) experience.

Your summarization of your magic band experience so far was quite enlightening! I'm happy to read you've had good luck with personalizing them recently.

The same thing happened to me when I linked our dining reservations to MDE...I put one in and then all of them showed up! It was great!!

I am looking forward to hearing about your overall experience with the bands on your trip! I think we're going to skip them this time...next trip they'll probably be fully implemented and we won't have a choice, so we will wait until then! But, very interested in what your take on them will be! :-)

:thumbsup2

Ah see that ! you have come over to the "dark side" too with the MB I love how you described the analysis paralysis :rotfl: I'm still sitting there right now as far as FP+ I do get the whole thing of being easy to enter a park, open your room, make purchases with just a touch

I was SO against the whole change as a local, " spur of the moment go to the parks " person and that still bothers me re-FP+ planning and what will REALLY be available day of but since it is still in test mode I've decided to not be so close minded I am intrigued by the concept of the MM+ system

I would now call myself cautiously optimistic about it instead of adamantly against it I love that MDE has all the ADRS and the reservation info right in front of me so that comforts the must be organized side of me :goodvibes

Hope your bands are waiting for you too I'm sure they will be So who got what colors ?

I had a good laugh with a CM on the phone, don't know where she was from, English was definitely not her first language, we were talking and she asked if, and then she was struggling for the words and finally came out with " Do you have an intelligent phone ? " :rotfl: we had a good giggle together she knew I was laughing with and not at her She said " I am so sorry I couldn't remember Smart" phone !

Edited_ Magic Band arrived today ! FAST : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=49357717&posted=1#post49357717

Nice! Perfect colour pick for you.

Intelligent phone??? :rotfl:

As to colours....I would tell; except.....as you and I will be seeing each other in person, you will find out for yourself! :thumbsup2

The Magic Bands is something that I will want to try whenever I go back to WDW. It will be awhile when I go back to Florida and upgrade back to the Premier AP. The MB is something that I will be looking forward to hear about during your trip and I will want to get one day. The FP+ is very interesting where you can select what attraction you want to go on without getting a regular FP. I like the old way of getting a FP when you get to the park even though there is a time frame of getting it. If I did get FP+, I would use that for the viewing areas of the parades and fireworks.

I'm hoping that everything goes well for you and your family during your trip.

Thanks Bret. The parades and fireworks were not available when I picked. I don't know if they will open up or not. We'll see.

I will bet you a US dollar that I KNOW the color ( colour looks nicer ) that you picked for you..... RED ! the rest of the family Hmmm not sure Disser Green & Blue ? ;) you don't have to say I will see soon enough ( and will have a dollar in my pocket just on the oft chance I am wrong about yours )

I will bet you a US dollar that I KNOW the color ( colour looks nicer ) that you picked for you..... RED ! the rest of the family Hmmm not sure Disser Green & Blue ? ;) you don't have to say I will see soon enough ( and will have a dollar in my pocket just on the oft chance I am wrong about yours )

You're just gonna have to wait and see. popcorn::

PrincessInOz, Just read your last "blog post" about the Magic Bands and related planning. We haven't done a proper Disney (multi-day staying onsite) vacation in about 3 years, and we plan to do a 2 week trip this coming June (well 1 week at Poly and 1 week off site near Sea World.) Anyway, I haven't really paid much attention to the Magic Band stuff yet, so I'm looking forward to seeing how well it works for you.

It's been fun chatting with you on my Disneyland PTR, so I thought I'd come over and join in the fun over here too :) Good thing that I have a lot of time on my hands (due to my foot injury) because it might take a little while to get through all 70 pages :lmao:

PrincessInOz, Just read your last "blog post" about the Magic Bands and related planning. We haven't done a proper Disney (multi-day staying onsite) vacation in about 3 years, and we plan to do a 2 week trip this coming June (well 1 week at Poly and 1 week off site near Sea World.) Anyway, I haven't really paid much attention to the Magic Band stuff yet, so I'm looking forward to seeing how well it works for you.

It's been fun chatting with you on my Disneyland PTR, so I thought I'd come over and join in the fun over here too :) Good thing that I have a lot of time on my hands (due to my foot injury) because it might take a little while to get through all 70 pages :lmao:

Nice to see you here, Bob!

Yes.....you're going to need the time to get through the 70 pages or so. :rotfl:

The good news is that there is a reasonable (at least I think so) index/link page on the second post. Feel free to use it to jump through. :thumbsup2

I did buy the ice cube trays. I cannot make pancakes, but I can freeze some mean ice cubes.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I did buy the ice cube trays. I cannot make pancakes, but I can freeze some mean ice cubes.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Ice cubes will come in very handy in summer; and only if there is electricity to freeze. :thumbsup2

Ice cubes will come in very handy in summer; and only if there is electricity to freeze. :thumbsup2

At least, we had ice cream in the dark when the power was out recently. We figured it was better to eat it than let it melt. It would not be as fun to eat the ice, but it would probably cool you down in hot weather. Even though it was summer, the temp was only 72 degrees thanks to the thunderstorms.

At least, we had ice cream in the dark when the power was out recently. We figured it was better to eat it than let it melt. It would not be as fun to eat the ice, but it would probably cool you down in hot weather. Even though it was summer, the temp was only 72 degrees thanks to the thunderstorms.

Nice! Hope you all enjoyed the ice cream. :thumbsup2

The Two Week Check-In!

Two weeks from today, I will be on a plane heading over the pond.

I think the only thing left is the packing. I plan to start that this weekend and pull out clothes that we might like to take with us. And then cull some.

And tomorrow is the 1st day of September. Come tomorrow, I'll be able to say that I'm heading off on vacation this month!

princess::upsidedow

ps. For those of you wondering, I've sorted out the last night's accommodation as well as nearly finished my day to day itineraries. I just need to print out the itinerary and start putting all the paper copies into envelops for the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter