Anyone Game? It’s my Sep 2013 Blog! I'm home; with a TR link in #1189, 10/14

Those animal shots are gorgeous! Especially the butterfly ones!

Also in the meets, Leshaface may crash our BBQ. She flies in that day with her DH, DS & DM. DM has agreed to babysit DS while they come visit.

Even though we have a lot of meets planned, I don't think it will be an inconvenience or bother. As you said, we have to eat and each one brings us togethe for an awesome experience that we might not otherwise have outside of a meet. I'm looking forward to the wishes cruise and who wants to be in the parks on Saturday evening? A meet around the quiet pool sharing worldwide regional specialties homecooked sounds like an amazing cultural exchange as well as just a darn good time!

I think we will have plenty of time to ourselves in addition to the meets.

I can't believe you are only a week away till you and your family are here in the US during your trip.

That is a lot of DISers meet ups during the trip. It would have been nice to see you again while you are here but with work and other activities it is tough.

Very nice pictures of the animals at the Zoo especially the baby elephants.

Fantastic pictures. The orangutan one gave me chills, since it looks like you ate 2 feet from him. He is looking directly at you. I love it. Getting excited for your trip. Almost there. Yay!

I don't think you really needed the practice for AK - you take such great pics already :thumbsup2

I'd love to go mid-week one day. The one and only time I have been to the Melbourne Zoo was when the baby elephant was first out and about, it was a Saturday, and it was so crowded! We didn't even bother with the butterflies because it looked like there was hardly room to move in there.

LOVE the zoo shots... and excited for you and your journey! All those DIS meets should be alot of fun.

Beautiful zoo shots!! I particularly liked the elephants and kangaroo!! Looks like you had a very successful Animal Kingdom "practice" session! :-)

Loved the Melbourne Zoo - but wait, no pictures of the Lions? Oh, they were so beautiful there. I totally get why you couldn't get through the whole zoo.

Wonderful pictures as always.

Those animal shots are gorgeous! Especially the butterfly ones!

Also in the meets, Leshaface may crash our BBQ. She flies in that day with her DH, DS & DM. DM has agreed to babysit DS while they come visit.

Even though we have a lot of meets planned, I don't think it will be an inconvenience or bother. As you said, we have to eat and each one brings us togethe for an awesome experience that we might not otherwise have outside of a meet. I'm looking forward to the wishes cruise and who wants to be in the parks on Saturday evening? A meet around the quiet pool sharing worldwide regional specialties homecooked sounds like an amazing cultural exchange as well as just a darn good time!

I think we will have plenty of time to ourselves in addition to the meets.

Great. The more the merrier.

I can't believe you are only a week away till you and your family are here in the US during your trip.

That is a lot of DISers meet ups during the trip. It would have been nice to see you again while you are here but with work and other activities it is tough.

Very nice pictures of the animals at the Zoo especially the baby elephants.

I hope that work lets up and that the other activities are fun. That's okay. I'm sure there are a few meets for us in the future....either in NorCal or in Oz. :thumbsup2

Fantastic pictures. The orangutan one gave me chills, since it looks like you ate 2 feet from him. He is looking directly at you. I love it. Getting excited for your trip. Almost there. Yay!

I'm trying to get motivated to pack. :sad2:

Cool pics. What a cutie that baby elephant is.

Yes. That baby elephant was soooooo cute!

I don't think you really needed the practice for AK - you take such great pics already :thumbsup2

I'd love to go mid-week one day. The one and only time I have been to the Melbourne Zoo was when the baby elephant was first out and about, it was a Saturday, and it was so crowded! We didn't even bother with the butterflies because it looked like there was hardly room to move in there.

I normally avoid weekends because it is so crowded. Mid-week is great. And thanks! I haven't taken any animal pictures in a while so it was good to just break out the lens for the morning.

LOVE the zoo shots... and excited for you and your journey! All those DIS meets should be alot of fun.

Thanks Brandi. Not long to yours as well.

Beautiful zoo shots!! I particularly liked the elephants and kangaroo!! Looks like you had a very successful Animal Kingdom "practice" session! :-)

It was a lot of fun to just hang out at the zoo that day.

Loved the Melbourne Zoo - but wait, no pictures of the Lions? Oh, they were so beautiful there. I totally get why you couldn't get through the whole zoo.

Wonderful pictures as always.

I was only there for 1.5 - 2 hours and it was drizzling. Would have liked to have seen the lions as well. Next time.

A Walk Around Town

My recent outing to the zoo reminded me that I probably should reacquaint myself with the workings of the other lens I'm planning on taking with me to the US.
So....I did another walk around the city the other night. Thought it might be nice to show you the Arcades and Alleys that make up Melbourne.

I started in Melbourne Central.....where the shopping mall complex is built around the Shot Tower.

This is the Old General Post Office, effectively the point where all distance away from the city is measured from.

The GPO is now used as a mall/arcade for designer clothes.

Across the street and a couple of doors down from the GPO is the Royal Arcade.

Yes, we've been here before; it's the inside of the Royal Arcade.

When you exit out of the other end of the Royal Arcade, you'll see this little alleyway.

It leads into The Block arcade.

The mosaic floor here is listed by National Trust.

This nondescript arcade is another one of those places in Melbourne.

Walk through.....and you'll head out to Centre Place.

And at the end of Centre Place and across the street, is Degraves Street. Lots of places to eat and graze along here.

Let's finish this walk with the Melbourne City Town Hall.

I plan to use this lens when I'm out in the Four Corners area. It is nice and extra wide. I can't wait!

princess::upsidedow

5 Day Countdown

I’m down to the Thunderbird Countdown! Thunderbird Countdown – 5!

_tb5_01.JPG

Five. Five is for the number of days clothes I have in my bag before I need to do laundry. By this reckoning, my Mambo Number Five laundry drink moments are:
  • Sedona
  • Grand Canyon
  • Colorado
  • Beach Club
  • Beach Club again

Put like this, it looks like a very short trip indeed! :)

princess::upsidedow

There are a lot of beautiful buildings there. Five days left! Yay! It will be here before you know it.

Melbourne looks like such a beautiful and Victorian style city. The architecture is very sophisticated.

So I take it you plan to do your laundry every five days.... :lmao:

You can use our washer and dryer at BCV once we get there, if that fits in your timing.

I thoroughly enjoyed your tour of Melbourne! :thumbsup2 That first picture is so cool!

:woohoo::woohoo: Only 5 days until your trip! So excited for you! :banana:

There are a lot of beautiful buildings there. Five days left! Yay! It will be here before you know it.

I'm holding on to the delicious anticipation feeling. I love that feeling best of all.

Wow 5 days to go! :woohoo:

Yes! :woohoo:

Love, LOVE , LOVE the first photo...

It's one of my favourite shots to get. I keep trying to improve on it. Next time I try it, I will go early in the morning to see if there are less people around. And right in front of that building, there are some pop-up stores. One day....I'm gonna catch it without pop up stores and I can take more of the bottom part of that building.

(But yes, I am pretty pleased with that shot.)

Melbourne looks like such a beautiful and Victorian style city. The architecture is very sophisticated.

So I take it you plan to do your laundry every five days.... :lmao:

You can use our washer and dryer at BCV once we get there, if that fits in your timing.

Thank you for the offer. I think the second wash might fit in.

I thoroughly enjoyed your tour of Melbourne! :thumbsup2 That first picture is so cool!

:woohoo::woohoo: Only 5 days until your trip! So excited for you! :banana:

And then another 5 days after, it will be your turn. :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter