Anyone going to AKL in January?

You sure do know how to make a "first timer" happy!!!!! LOL

Too bad you won't be there while we are there!!! I love that you have so much "knowledge" about AKL......... I mean you did introduce me to Zebra Domes!!!! I can hardly wait!!! ;)

It is a great thread.............. everyone going to AKL should read it!!!

Ladyhawke10 said:
Is anyone planning on doing either the sunrise or sunset safaris?

We will be there for our first trip to WDW. Our first 4 nights will be at WL and then we move to AKL CL for a further 4 nights (January 8 - 12). We are doing both Safaris and can't wait!

wendypooh said:
You sure do know how to make a "first timer" happy!!!!! LOL

...glad to help a future "AKL lover" out! :teeth:

wendypooh said:
Too bad you won't be there while we are there!!!
You ain't kiddin'..... :confused3

wendypooh said:
I love that you have so much "knowledge" about AKL......... I mean you did introduce me to Zebra Domes!!!! I can hardly wait!!! ;)
If you are a concierge guest, you can ask a CM to bring some to the lounge!!

qwendypooh said:
It is a great thread.............. everyone going to AKL should read it!!!

....awwww, :blush: shucks, twerrn't nuttin'...!!

LOL ~~

I'm just so excited about this trip!!! We can hardly wait to get there :cool1:

I've actually already started "thinking" about what I should be packing........ :rolleyes1 it's sad really!!!! LOL

I wish we could stay CL......... but, even though we can't, we'll be at AKL and well within reach of those Zebra Domes for 6 full days!!!!!!! :earboy2: I better go on a diet now to make up for it!!!

wendypooh said:
LOL ~.......we'll be at AKL and well within reach of those Zebra Domes for 6 full days!!!!!!! :earboy2: I better go on a diet now to make up for it!!!

There IS no diet for THAT!! :rotfl: Jes', don't fight the feelin' ~ ~ go with the FLOW and tell yourself: "Bring on the Zebra Domes!!"

kimmar067 said:
There IS no diet for THAT!! :rotfl: Jes', don't fight the feelin' ~ ~ go with the FLOW and tell yourself: "Bring on the Zebra Domes!!"

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: What she said!

LOL, I'm really ready to "go with the flow" ........... I'm just scared I'll eat all the zebra domes, and have to get wheel barrel to get me home!!!! ha

Kimmar ~~ sent you a pm, I have a ?? for ya.............

wendypooh said:
LOL, I'm really ready to "go with the flow" ........... I'm just scared I'll eat all the zebra domes, and have to get wheel barrel to get me home!!!! ha

:rotfl2:

wendypooh said:
Kimmar ~~ sent you a pm, I have a ?? for ya.............

....got it....and sent one back at ya.... ;)

wendypooh said:
LOL ~~

I'm just so excited about this trip!!! We can hardly wait to get there :cool1:

I've actually already started "thinking" about what I should be packing........ :rolleyes1 it's sad really!!!! LOL

I wish we could stay CL......... but, even though we can't, we'll be at AKL and well within reach of those Zebra Domes for 6 full days!!!!!!! :earboy2: I better go on a diet now to make up for it!!!

If we can't get into CL, I think I'll be okay with my Boma and Jiko ressies... I looked at Boma's menu and it looked amazing. Breakfast there looks great, too...but I'm going to need a wheelbarrow for myself if I'm dining there twice daily :rotfl2:

Kimmar............... Thanks so much!!!!! ;)

Lord, I know, I can hardly wait to try out Boma......... and Mara, we aren't going to venture to Jiko............ we are going to try out some other places, but that just means we'll have to plan another trip........... LOL

As far as Jiko desserts, I really want to try the pistachio creme brulee--never heard of anyone using that flavor before, and it sounds awesome.

Seriously, I can't miss the Mara's prime rib sandwiches and yogurt parfaits, either. That place has the best food.

Less than six more weeks! :cool1:

Ladyhawke10 said:
As far as Jiko desserts, I really want to try the pistachio creme brulee--never heard of anyone using that flavor before, and it sounds awesome.QUOTE]

Oh my gosh! The pistachio creme brulee is soooooo good :love:

I had it twice when we were at AKL last time. I am looking forward to the filet also. Can't wait :bitelip:

3boyzmom said:
I am looking forward to the filet also.
Oh, the filet is SO good...and the Kenyan BBQ Chicken Flatbread...mmmmmm... :love:

Good Grief........... if you guys keep this up I'm going to weigh 500 lbs. by the time I leave the resort!!!! LOL

jcemom said:
Oh, the filet is SO good...and the Kenyan BBQ Chicken Flatbread...mmmmmm... :love:

Thanks for the heads up on what to order at Jiko. I think I have my whole meal there planned now :).

Are there any animal babies there right now? I remember last year there was a newborn ankole. Maybe there will be some others? :cutie:

Hi - we're there 5th to 12th for the marathon. Any other runners staying there? Am also now v excited about zebra domes - I'll be the one limping down the corridors carrying a sackful on Jan 8th (after 5 hours of running, I'm going into sugar overload). I also didn't make any requests as to trails this time - although it did give me great glee when my confirmation said 'guest requests to see zebra from room' last time!!!!

littlegreydonkey said:
Hi - we're there 5th to 12th for the marathon. Any other runners staying there? Am also now v excited about zebra domes - I'll be the one limping down the corridors carrying a sackful on Jan 8th (after 5 hours of running, I'm going into sugar overload). I also didn't make any requests as to trails this time - although it did give me great glee when my confirmation said 'guest requests to see zebra from room' last time!!!!

Hi,

My husband and I are running, walking, skipping and crawling until we finish the marathon. We move to AKL from WL after we finish and will depart on the 12th as well. We are thinking about stealing our 2 year old's Radio Fyler and taking turns pulling each other around after the run. ;)

See you there!

Seeing that all of you are going to stay at AKL in Jan. It helped make my mind up. I was really looking forward to staying at wL for Christmas, but that trip was concelled. I'm going to miss Caviezel at the Candlelight Processional :faint: . Now all I have to do is figure out what room to get :cool1: !

aanthony03 said:
Seeing that all of you are going to stay at AKL in Jan. It helped make my mind up. I was really looking forward to staying at wL for Christmas, but that trip was concelled. I'm going to miss Caviezel at the Candlelight Processional :faint: . Now all I have to do is figure out what room to get :cool1: !

Hooray!

I didn't make any requests so I'm excited to see where we end up as well. :wizard:

Can't wait to get in one of those jacuzzis under the stars....even in January :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter