Anyone have a current Entertainment Book......Amtrak question.....

phins_jazy

Christmas at the Fort
I'm trying to decide if I should buy the new entertainment book. I'm curious about the Amtrak coupon that's in the book. From what I gather off the website it says there is a B1G1, as well as 30% and a 10% off. What I need to know is if there are any restrictions and when the coupon expires. We're traveling via Amtrak to Disneyland the first or second week in Dec, 2003. I'd hate to buy the book and have it expire before that. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! :wave:

The 2003 books expire in Nov. 2003. If you book your reservations now, you should be able to use the discount.

I am under the impression that a Entertainment coupon has to be valid at the time of use. If you were to use the coupon now, and redeem it now, it would be fine. But if you are actually redeeming it after the expiration, I think no.

Dan's right...you'll need to use the book that comes out Nov. of this year, 2003.

phins_jazy - I just looked up the coupons. One may be of help to you, but I'm don't think the real good discount coupons would. Rats. :( Heres what they say:

The buy one get one free is for travel between January 6, 2003 and February 23, 2003.

The 30% off coupon is for travel between March 23, 2003 and June 25, 2003.

Here is what the 10% off coupon says:
Save an extra 10% off the best adult Amtrak fare for travel between July 1st 2002 and December 31, 2003. Valid for up to four people traveling together. Children ages 2 - 15 may accompany at 1/2 full fare. (Two children per adult.)

These are the restrictions:
Fares are non-refundable after purchase.

Offer not valid on Acela Express, Metoliner, Auto Train, Downeaster, joint Amtrak/Via Rail Servie to Onterio and 7000-8999 series Thruway service. Amtrak is a registered serviemark of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.

These offers are also not valid for local travel with in the Northeast Corridor on any train that departs the guest's origin station on Fridays and Sundays between 11am and 11pm inclusive.

This offer is valid for Business class and Sleeping Car travel, upon payment of the full applicable accomodation charge.

Blackout dates (there are a bunch of them but this is one that may affect you): December 17 - 31, 2003.

Not valid for ticket-by-mail, advace phone payments, prepaid orders, internet reservactions, self service ticketing machines, payments of fares on board ofr purchase of gift certificates.
Not valid with any other discounts, fare orders or promotions.
Other restrictions and fees may apply.

Hope this helps. :) Seems almost impossible to get the discount to me! :eek:

Wow!!! Thanks Saffron. That's exactly what I was looking for. Doesn't look like it will be easy to get a discount. There are 2 things that worry me.

"These offers are also not valid for local travel with in the Northeast Corridor on any train that departs the guest's origin station on Fridays and Sundays between 11am and 11pm inclusive." Does this mean no departures on Fridays or Sundays period? Or just in the Northeast Corridor?

and

"Not valid for ticket-by-mail, advace phone payments, prepaid orders, internet reservactions, self service ticketing machines, payments of fares on board ofr purchase of gift certificates.
Not valid with any other discounts, fare orders or promotions."

I assume that this means I have to go directly to the train station and make the reservation instead of doing it over the phone or the internet. If that's the case it's not worth it at all since the "local" station is 3 hours away. And if not the part about other promotions is questionable too. Do they consider the 1/2 price child fare to be promotion, if so I'm outta luck there too. Bummer. Looks like this won't benefit me at all. Ok, enough rambling.

Thanks again to everyone that responded and thanks Saffron for the fine print on the coupon that I was looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter