Anyone have dinner at Bomas

cobbler

DIS Veteran
And would you recommend it at all? Noticed it was a bit up there in the price range and just want opinions on it.

Sounds good but just not sure if I would get my $$ worth.

my dh, sister, and mom went 2 years ago. it was fabulous! i'm not always a huge fan of buffets because the food can sit around, but everything was fresh here. my dh and i tried jiko a year ago and didn't like it as much--we liked the variety of boma's since we're not familiar with african food. loved the peanut butter rice, all the desserts were great. great breads and soups.

We had dinner there with 8 friends who all happened to be at Disney the same week. This was about 2 years ago. The food was excellent. Very different, which I happen to like, especially on vacation where it gets kind of boring after 3 or 4 days of counter service meals. Great variety, wonderful exotic flavors and combinations of ingredients. The service was also very good - I remember our waitress was quite funny.

We had 2 CM's with us so we did get a discount but even at full price I think it is well worth it.

Really enjoyed Boma's. I think there is something for everyone. DD and DS really enjoyed themselves. The soup and dessert were the best!:tongue:

We have been twice for dinner and its our DS(14)'s favorite restaurant. There are many choices and he was not really adventurous until we tried Bomas the first time. He tried exotic soup and meats that really surprised me and him! It is a great choice for any age. we are planning to eat there again on our next trip 12/26-12/31/04.
Connears

If you don't mind the atmosphere of a grammar school cafeteria, don't mind being packed in close to other diners, aren't bothered by noise and don't mind rowdy children pushing you at the buffet line....go for it. DH and I ate in silence because the noise was too loud to talk over. The food, however, was interesting and good. I feel that it probably isn't always as crowded and noisy as the evening we were there. Just have no idea when that is. ;)

We ate there last week and it was excellent. The place has a nice combination of "regular" food and exotic food and the desserts are super. It does get a bit noisy but I think it's just because it's always so busy. It's also a nice bonus to be able to visit AKL.

We had ilovepcots experience - plus stale buffet food.

The soups were really good, and I liked the bobatie. But other than that, it was very disappointing to us.

However, it is an All You Can Eat Buffet, so there is no worries about it not being a good "value" if you eat a lot.

Hi,

We loved Boma's for Dinner!!! Really yummy & fresh!!! Enjoy! I really love breakfast there too. Have fun!

Allison

It's my son's new favorite. (He's 15) We had a very late dinner there on our last trip & I think next time, we would go a bit earlier so things would be fresher. It wasn't horribly stale, but a few things had been there too long for my taste. Also, I was having tummy troubles, so I didn't get the full experience. No problem, my teenage boy packed away more than both our meals cost!

I am looking forward to going back again with a happy stomach. There were so many delicious looking things to try! My DH, who isn't a big Disney Lover, is looking forward to Boma on our next family trip.

We love it. We had 7 (or was it 8, can't remember if sister BF was there that day or not) people from ages 4-62 in our party. Everyone enjoyed it. Sure it was crowded, what WDW restaurant isn't? The food was fresh hot and plentiful.

I didn't really enjoy the food. I thought the food was a bit bland and overcooked. I know that most people like it, but I didn't rave over it.

If you are looking for a quiet restaurant, then don't go in Disney period. The tables were spaced out, the service was good, the waiters and servers friendly and the food was excellent. It was the best meal I ate and I am a very picky eater who does not like spicy food. It's a buffet in Disney World, not the 21 club and as buffets go, this is one of the best in Disney.

Zebra Domes are worth the price of admission to me. :teeth:

I took my brother and family there at Christmas, and the third time he went back to the prime rib table, the carver started laughing.

When he asked my brother what cut he'd like, my brother (being honest) said: just cut off a healthy slice, and put the rest of the prime rib on my plate!!!

He visited the prime rib station 5 times!!! Needless to say, everyone had a great meal there.......

I know we are in the minority but we hated Boma's. I think I hated it the most and was almost in tears when the ONLY thing I liked was the chicken fingers from the kids section. Then I thought I could save the meal with dessert ... but everything was coffee flavored. Even the Zebra Domes have a Coffee taste ... I hate coffee.

My DH filled up on the stew and my DS's ate chicken fingers as did I. I LOVE prime rib but could not eat the prime rib because the outside was coated in cinnamon and nutmeg or something sweet like that and the flavors had cooked into the meat. Yuck.

I tried a little taste of everything and I have to say that everything tasted like they had a big can of cinnamon, a big can of sugar and a big can of coffee all explode in the kitchen while they were cooking.

Thank goodness we got a refund for my meal as I didn't eat anything. I was very dissapointed.

DH felt the food lacked quality as well and was not very fresh. We had many better meals at WDW that week.

WDWO

DW and I ate at BOMA's in May and loved everything about it. The food was exciting, the decor was lovely and the service was great. We especially enjoyed chatting with the CMs from various parts of Africa.

We are going back to WDW twice in September (Florida resident month) and we already have PS for BOMA again.

I can highly recommend it.

We did Boma for breakfast and dinner and had a great experience with both.

Dinner at Boma is now on our ever-growing WDW "Must do" list, and we will be back with my BIL in November. I will agree about the noise and crowds (some folks just will not keep their kids from bothering other diners, and the buffet format encourages the kids to get up and roam, but we try to go with the flow).

DH and I LOVE to try new things, but nothing at Boma was what I would call too spicy or scary. The soups were sublime, DH loved the nut-crusted salmon, and I was crazy about the flank steak in wonderful spices. I love that the desserts are minis, so you can sample and enjoy everything.

We did make one mistake: We were novices with the ice cream cookie sandwiches at the Main Street Bakery and ordered one apiece (should have shared one) after lunch. Therefore, we were not starving by the time we got to Boma. Learn from our mistake and be hungry!!

Also, take our advice and arrive early for a drink at the Victoria Falls lounge. Great bartenders and a beautiful setting to enjoy a drink (without the little ones) before dinner.

I hope you enjoy!

Barbe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter