Anyone have the recipe for this breakfast casserole?

ADisneygirl

<font color=purple>My birth certificate is really
At my school where I teach we have staff breakfasts once a month. Each team gets to take a turn at making it for everyone. I have been "elected" on my team to make the staff's favorite breakfast casserole this Wednesday (in 2 days!) and I am unsure of how to do it!

Let me describe it: It is made mainly of potatoes, they seem to be shredded, and there are some onions in there too. It is not exactly solid, but not too loose either. On the top of this hot mixture are corn flakes. Someone mentioned a can of mushroom soup? and someone else mentioned a can of cream of chicken soup? Both seem mysterious ingredients to me in a breakfast casserole. It is usually served in a huge aluminum baking pan, like the kind you use for a big turkey, so I may have to double or triple any household recipe you've got.

Anyone here heard of this or eaten it? Please help me with something that will look like this!

:flower:

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I thought I would post it for you:

Breakfast Hashbrown Casserole

(4 servings) Printable Version

6 cups loose packed frozen hash browns -- thawed
2/3 cups butter -- melted
2 cups cooked ham -- diced
1 cups cheddar cheese -- shredded
1 cups milk
4 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish. Press hash browns on bottom of pan. Drizzle melted butter over crust. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Sprinkle ham and cheese over crust. Beat eggs, milk and salt; pour over ham and cheese.

Return to oven and bake 25 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.

Here is another one that might be more what you are looking for.

Breakfast Hash Brown Casserole

One packet of frozen hash browns (shredded potatoes) 26 oz
1 medium onion chopped
1/2green pepper chopped
1 can mushroom soup
1 cup of milk
1 cup of grated cheese
1 Tablespoon of oil
Dash of hot sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste

You can prepare this the night before and cook it the next morning for brunch and you will be amazed at the compliments you get.

Saute onion and green pepper in oil. Add frozen shredded hash brown potatoes. Add can of condensed mushroom soup. Add milk and cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste and hot sauce. Cook for 4 minutes or so until everything is blended and put in a greased casserole dish (you can put it in the fridge at this point to bake later if so desired). Bake at 350 degrees for one hour (should be slightly brown on top).

There seem to be several versions of this but here's mine...

Mogul Mountain Potatoes

2 lbs frozen hashbrown potatoes
2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cups shredded aged cheddar
2 tins of cream of mushroom soup
1 bunch of green onions chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp dill weed
Parmesan cheese

Mix all ingredients except parmesan in a large bowl. Place in a large casserole
dish and top with lots of parmesan and more grated cheddar if you like.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.

So Yummy!!!!!
I use extra cheese and extra dill too!

I think this may be what you're looking for:

BAKED HASH BROWN POTATO CASSEROLE

32 oz. pkg. frozen Ore-Ida hash browns
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 sm. onion, diced or 2 1/2 tbsp. dried onion flakes
8 oz. sour cream
1 stick melted butter
8 oz. mild shredded Cheddar cheese
2 c. crushed corn flake crumbs
1/2 stick melted butter

Mix everything except corn flakes and 1/2 stick butter. Put into 9x13x2 casserole dish.
Mix corn flake crumbs and 1/2 stick butter. Spread evenly on top of potatoes. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.

Recipe may be divided into smaller dishes. (You can get 4 small casseroles.) After cooking you can cover and freeze for later use.

Bubbasmom has my recipe posted. I have never tried it with dried onion flakes, but I love the way real onions carmelize with the butter. Be sure to use a non-stick roaster so you can get the crunchies on the bottom! YUMMY! I always get rave reviews everytime I make these. We have never eaten these for breakfast, but they would be great instead of regular hash browns! Good Luck!

Jen :shamrock:

Thanks everyone! :flower: I hope they turn out good. I'll know tomorrow morning if I did a good job or not, depending on if they are all eaten.

It sounds exactly like Utah's "Funeral Potatoes" where given 50 people you'll have 50 versions... :) But least 95% of them taste good......

-em

Just wanted to thank everyone for helping me out with their versions of this recipe. I took some info from each and whipped up a masterpiece! They were quite a hit since they were completely gone before my team even got up to get our food! People were scraping the sides of the container too! I had to triple the recipe -- three big bags of shredded potatoes, three containers of sour cream, etc. and served it in one of those turkey roasters that hold a 25 pound turkey! Still they were devoured.

Thanks for the help! :wave2:

to make it a hearty breakfast casserole.

I LOVE this recipe & so does my dh & his family. The 1st time ate it was with his family.

Have a great Memorial Weekend

and

Don't forget to thank a VET!

Judy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter