Anyone interested in a Disneyland Paris croc exchange?

Fern arrived safely from ukstitch and was very keen to get back to DLRP. :wizard:

We flew from Southampton airport to CDG where we were met by BS Transports to take us to the Explorers hotel so had a very smooth, uneventful journey but Fern was very tired and as soon as we had checked into our room insisted on going straight to bed and didn't want to go play in the parks, unlike the Ware Bears family who headed straight for Big Thunder Mountain in the dark, woo hoo!! :yay:

45513Fern1_600_x_450_.jpg

Fern enjoyed visiting Salon Mickey again

45513Fern2_600_x_450_.jpg

45513Fern3_600_x_450_.jpg

and was delighted when she found this beach in Adventureland.

45513Fern5_450_x_600_.jpg

45513Fern4_600_x_450_.jpg

She got very excited when she found this painting of crocodiles in the Explorers Hotel

45513Fern6_600_x_450_.jpg

and had great fun creating sound effects in Art of Disney Animation

45513Fern7_450_x_600_.jpg

before discovering this UFO on the way home.

45513Fern8_600_x_450_.jpg

She enjoyed travelling into Paris again. Whilst there she climbed right to the top of the Arc de Triomphe and marvelled at the views across the city

45513Fern9_600_x_450_.jpg

45513Fern10_600_x_450_.jpg

before walking down Champs-Élysées where she visited the Disney Store, Louis Vuitton and the Peugeot showroom although she was more interested in an old bicycle than the showy cars!

45513Fern10a_600_x_450_.jpg

Fern also climbed to the top of the tower at Notre Dame but found the noise of the bells overwhelming and refused to pose. However she was soon back on top form and enjoyed being photographed at the Louvre pyramid ~ think she's been reading a certain book by Dan Brown! ;)

45513Fern10b_600_x_450_.jpg

Glad she had a good trip, although I don't think Fern is dangerous enough for them to put up a sign when she went on the beach :goodvibes

On Friday we met with orion33 and family in order to croc-sit Flik until Monday when he was going to holiday with hildasmuriel and family.

45513Fern11_600_x_450_.jpg

Fern was delighted to meet up with Flik again and insisted on showing him her special beach.

45513Fern12_600_x_450_.jpg

They both enjoyed their day trip to Provins where they shared a seat on the bus

45513Fern13_600_x_450_.jpg

although they found the weather very hot and when the Ware Bears family went to watch a horse show they thought the horses were a bit scary and hid deep inside the backpack.

They went looking for Captain Hook in Adventureland

45513Fern14_600_x_450_.jpg

45513Fern15_600_x_450_.jpg

45513Fern16_600_x_450_.jpg

45513Fern18_450_x_600_.jpg

but unfortunately he was nowhere to be found although they found this fellow in Fantasyland.

45513Fern19_450_x_600_.jpg

On Monday it was time to say goodbye to Flik who was delighted to be reacquainted with hildasmuriel's DD

45513Fern20_600_x_450_.jpg

and unfortunately it was almost the end of Fern's holiday too. Just time for one last photo with a relative outside the Rainforest Cafe

45513Fern21_600_x_450_.jpg

and it was time to fly home. :sad2: Fern is now holidaying at DLRP with Pinkradleygirl and family. We'll be looking forward to reading all about her future adventures on here. :goodvibes

Flik is now back home in the UK for a while.

We collected him on Monday last week and he was a bit reluctant to join us - I think he was going to miss Fern. For this reason he seemed a bit moody. We left him in the back of the car with Kermit while we did some shopping at Auchan but when we got back to the car it seemed they'd had a fight. It looked like Flik had won.

SSL14954.jpg

He soon settled down that night when we took him to Walts and treated him to a nice meal. I had to warn him not to fill up on the bread rolls though.

SSL14959.jpg

Flik stayed late to watch the fireworks with us and said they were just as good as the week before. He had a lie in the next day and didn't join us for EMH but when we got back to our cabin around midday he was organising his plan of action for the afternoon.

SSL15021.jpg

Flik enjoyed his time with us, even the last day when it rained so much. He decided to take his time and look at the things in Discovery Arcade that he'd never slowed down to see before.

025.jpg

He was glad when it was lunchtime and we could go to the Lucky Nugget

027.jpg

He had a bit of a problem later on because Dale took a real shine to him and kept gesturing that he wanted to keep him. We had to put our foot down with a firm hand.

035.jpg

Finally it was time to leave the Park and come back home. Flik is a bit lost now and keeps staring at a calendar. I think he is counting down the days until his next visit. ........ Aren't we all?

Great pictures - it would appear that Dale took to him better than the CM on the river boat did to Fern - he just looked rather confused :rotfl:

Awww.... Bless!! Looks like the crocs have had a fabulous time!! Lucky Flik and Fern!!

Love the Tigger ears Orion33!

Bob xoxox

Just to let all you guys know I have changed the rules on the front page a little. I have decided to ask for an e-mail address from each new person instead of phone number since I have found that is normally the easier way of contacting people in this exchange. I do ask that if you are meeting someone in the park for an exchange you exchange phone number with each other as well before the trip, just to make finding each other easier. I hope this is alright with you all.

Mel

Mel, i will be taking Flik to the Disneyland hotel in January :) Just letting you know so you can update your list..

We are lookig forward to recieving Fern :goodvibes

Just to let you know Fern arrived safely today and Kyra has spent the last hour dragging her around the house lol.

Just to let you know Fern arrived safely today and Kyra has spent the last hour dragging her around the house lol.

Yay - I loved having Fern - that little lanyard attached to her collar came in really useful for carrying her around. Enjoy here company and keep her safe :goodvibes

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you that have taken part in the exchange so far. I can't believe how smooth this exchange has run. It makes me very proud that I can go on holiday and not have to worry about losing crocs because you are all so responsible. Thanks again, you're all awesome. :woohoo:

Mel

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you that have taken part in the exchange so far. I can't believe how smooth this exchange has run. It makes me very proud that I can go on holiday and not have to worry about losing crocs because you are all so responsible. Thanks again, you're all awesome. :woohoo:

Mel

Again thanks for setting this up. I have really enjoyed having Fern and Flower on my trips with me (and boy did Flower have a trip!) I'm looking forward to having Fern join me again in a few weeks!!

OT: I will be posting Flower on to the next person next week. I went to post her this afternoon at the post office and they don't take post after 12:30 anymore :confused3 I'll call in on Monday after work and get her sent airsure then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter