Anyone Know Park Hours for Wed. Feb. 29th?

GusGush

Eating greens is a special treat . . .
Hello!

I am endeavoring to plan our daily touring guides, and the online calendars at Disney.com for park hours seem to have a glitch. For Wednesday, February 29th, it says the Magic Kingdom hours are, "6:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m."

Obviously a typo or something....Does anyone happen to know the actual hours for this day?

All other hours appear to be posted through June 2012.

Thank you!

Hello!

I am endeavoring to plan our daily touring guides, and the online calendars at Disney.com for park hours seem to have a glitch. For Wednesday, February 29th, it says the Magic Kingdom hours are, "6:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m."

Obviously a typo or something....Does anyone happen to know the actual hours for this day?

All other hours appear to be posted through June 2012.

Thank you!

Those are the correct hours. Wed. Feb. 29 is Leap Day. MK will open at 6am and stay open a full 24 hours closing at 6am Thursday morning.

Dear Smitch,

Okay, wow. I have to ask: REALLY?! It will stay open all night long. Everything?! Can you tell me if it's like "a thing," and throngs of locals crowd it or whatever....? We ~carefully~ chose this week for our big family vacation (ten of us from three households), but I had no idea we'd be hitting a special day. (Not that I'm complaining!) Okay, well....We'll plan on raging all night (or at least until 10:00 p.m.) Thank you!

Dear Smitch,

Okay, wow. I have to ask: REALLY?! It will stay open all night long. Everything?! Can you tell me if it's like "a thing," and throngs of locals crowd it or whatever....? We ~carefully~ chose this week for our big family vacation (ten of us from three households), but I had no idea we'd be hitting a special day. (Not that I'm complaining!) Okay, well....We'll plan on raging all night (or at least until 10:00 p.m.) Thank you!

Yep, it is for real. LOL! The 24 hour opening was the "big announcement" by Disney Parks during Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve show. This is the first time EVER that they have done something like this, so there is really no way to know what the turnout will be as far as crowds go. Most people cannot plan out a vacation with such little notice, so I think that the travelling crowds will not be very heavy, but the locals may come. It helps that this day is right in the middle of the work week, though, so I wouldn't be overly concerned.

Yes, it's correct. Unfortunately we're leaving on the 29th to come home, lol.

Now I'm not sure whether to plan for Magic Kingdom that day...or that night (only)...or both. Or neither.

I'm all for exciting special events, but I'd choose a non-crowded day over a 'special event.' Magic Kingdom is special enough to me as it is....Especially when it's not crowded...!

I'd LOVE to be able to hop on over to MK around 2-3am and ride the Haunted Mansion! How awesome would that be?? :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter