Anyone on the new Weight Watcher's plan?

EllenFrasier

DIS Veteran
In an attempt to lose weight and learn to eat healthier, I am considering joining weight watchers. I've been watching Oprah on talk shows and read her story in People magazine and it's encouraging. Does anyone know if there is a recommended food shopping list? I'd like to get some of the groceries before I start.

Hi,
I've been on the weight watchers plan for a while and I've lost a couple of stone so far. I don't know about a recommended shopping list, but there's the no count food list : https://www.weightwatchers.com/uk/m/cms/article/no-count-food-list

There are two plans - counted and no-count, depends on what you prefer. The no count plan means you can eat whatever you want from the list without counting points (without overeating), and then count anything extra out of your weekly allowance.
The counting plan means only really fruit and vegetables are free, and most other things have a points value and you have to count out of your daily/weekly allowance.

For both plans though, they recommend eating from the no count list where possible, as these are known to be filling and healthy foods. It's a starting point...
I usually shop from a meal plan. Maybe the list will help you come up with a meal plan first?

Most fruits and vegetables are free to eat. (I think potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, and avocado still count...but generally fruits and veggies are free).

The formula for points is such that calories, saturated fat and sugar increase points whereas protein helps decrease points

Treats that a lot of people talk about are Halo Top ice cream, Quest bars, Premier Protein shakes

I'm a lifetime member. WW does a good job with people who need help making healthy choices and counting calories. Give it a go and see what you think.

I make my shopping list each week based on what I want to eat that week.
Some snacks I have a lot: mini babybel light cheese, fruits, salads, boarshead honey maple deli turkey

If you want bread: flat out, lo carb wraps/tortillas have fewer points.

I make this soup that has 0 points per serving and eat throughout the week.
https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/recipe/slow-cooker-vegetable-soup-1/5626a5ee42366570049957d7

ETA: Some people also buy low sugar condiments like sugar free ketchup and stuff. I haven't needed that yet.

I did it for a few months last year before I got pregnant again. I liked it--more focus on eating healthy foods instead of low cal junk like the old program.

Focus shopping on fruits, veg and protein.

Yes! I've lot 50 lbs on the new Weight Watchers Smartpoints program since beginning it in June 2016. I'm still on the program and am hoping to lose about another 70 lbs or so. It's not easy, but it's a lifestyle rather than a diet and I can successfully do it for the rest of my life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter