Anyone planning on going to Dapper Day in September?

I vote red!

I think red would be a great accent color , and it is ok if your bag is not the same color as your shoes or hat.

More important wear what you feel most comfortable in :-)

I'm pretty much decided on red, I think. I love the one I posted above, but also saw a smaller, red, straw hat that I really like. Arrgh -- decisions, decisions. If I get the red one linked above, I'll add a green hat band, with a red feather decoration on it. I'm a bit concerned that a 21 inch hat won't fit me well. I've got a huge head. Lol

Dizme, I meant to thank you earlier for offering to whip up one of those Peter pas style fascinators -- that was a super sweet offer.

So I am so impressed with all of your outfits. I'll be stopping you to say so if I run into you there.

Wow! Those hats are ALL adorable kangamama!! I would really have a hard time choosing. Like DizMe, I'm old school and from the matchy-matchy era and would probably pick a green one. But I love it when they mix colors on the mannequins in the stores. I just have a hard time doing it myself. I can't wait to see which one you pick!:)

I'm pretty much decided on red, I think. I love the one I posted above, but also saw a smaller, red, straw hat that I really like. Arrgh -- decisions, decisions. If I get the red one linked above, I'll add a green hat band, with a red feather decoration on it. I'm a bit concerned that a 21 inch hat won't fit me well. I've got a huge head. Lol

Dizme, I meant to thank you earlier for offering to whip up one of those Peter pas style fascinators -- that was a super sweet offer.

No problem! Disneyluvr2 is now busily planning her own dis-bound outfit, so of course I have to figure something out as well! Post the picture of your outfit so far, DL2!

DisneyDreams, you MUST meet up with us! It will be so great to see you again!! So far, we haven't figured out a time and place for a DIS meet. We're pretty well booked up until at least 1. Any suggestions, guys? Maybe GCH lobby?

No problem! Disneyluvr2 is now busily planning her own dis-bound outfit, so of course I have to figure something out as well! Post the picture of your outfit so far, DL2!

OK, here you go...the start of my Mary Poppins dis-bound outfit. I still need to figure out a hat. I love the one DizMe posted, but I decided I didn't want to buy a 3rd hat for the weekend! Trying to figure out something I can put on a headband since I'm not really a hat person anyway. Ideas anyone? I've always wanted to buy one of the parasols they sell at the cart in NOS, so I'll get a white one and have red flowers painted on it.

Very cute -- I was going to say you'll need a parasol, and a suitcase-ish hand bag.

I'm still undecided on my hat. Better make a choice and get it over with, right? I ordered the handbag, but then noticed after receiving confirmation that it had been sent out that I'd had been so long since I had ordered anything from Etsy, that I had forgotten to update my address, and my beautiful vintage handbag is being sent to my old apartment. I fear I'll never see it :( I am close enough that I Conan drive over on the weekend and get it from the current tenant, but j have no way of contacting that person. I suppose I could send them a letter explaining and asking them to contact me when the package arrives? I'm a but bummed out by all this. I won't lie. :(

kangamama, if the package is being sent via FedEx or UPS, I think you can contact them (use the tracking number given to you) to tell them the new address. Or, they can hold the package for you so that you can pick it up yourself. Don't know if this works with USPS, but you could check their website for more info.

Somehow I just now stumbled upon this thread despite the fact that I am a chronic disboard lurker. My mom and I have been eagerly anticipating dapper day which happens to fall on my birthday weekend and trip to disney. All your dresses are so cute and making me that much more excited to get to disney and experience all the magic!! :hyper:

theluckyrabbit said:
kangamama, if the package is being sent via FedEx or UPS, I think you can contact them (use the tracking number given to you) to tell them the new address. Or, they can hold the package for you so that you can pick it up yourself. Don't know if this works with USPS, but you could check their website for more info.

It's going USPS :( with no tracking, so I'm not sure if anything can be done, but I'm going to research it this morning. I'm so annoyed at myself, because it was definitely my mistake to not check my mailing address.

Somehow I just now stumbled upon this thread despite the fact that I am a chronic disboard lurker. My mom and I have been eagerly anticipating dapper day which happens to fall on my birthday weekend and trip to disney. All your dresses are so cute and making me that much more excited to get to disney and experience all the magic!! :hyper:

Hi birthday buddy! It's going to be my birthday weekend too! My actual birthday is Sept 5th, but I'll be celebrating all weekend long!:thumbsup2

It's going USPS :( with no tracking, so I'm not sure if anything can be done, but I'm going to research it this morning. I'm so annoyed at myself, because it was definitely my mistake to not check my mailing address.

Oh no kangamama!!! I think I would try contacting the people that live in the apartment now to let them know the package is coming. Can you go over there in person to talk to them? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

It's going USPS :( with no tracking, so I'm not sure if anything can be done, but I'm going to research it this morning...

Hope that USPS will hold the package for you to pick up. If not, I agree with Disneyluvr2 -- head on over to your old apt. to alert the current residents about your package!

A question for those who have done Dapper Day before: any suggestions for dressy shoes that are comfortable for a day in the parks? Flats or low heels would be better for me (me + high heels = dangerous!). TIA!

A question for those who have done Dapper Day before: any suggestions for dressy shoes that are comfortable for a day in the parks? Flats or low heels would be better for me (me + high heels = dangerous!). TIA!

Shoes have been the biggest problem for my Dapper day outfit. I'm going to wear flats with my day time dress and hopefully I'll be able to tolerate a cute pair of patent leather strappy shoes with a 1" heal for the evening. Beauty knows no pain, right? LOL!! I'd love to wear a cute pair of heels with my evening dress, but unless I'm just going to sit on a bench all night, that's not gunna happen! LOL!!

Disneyluvr2 said:
Shoes have been the biggest problem for my Dapper day outfit. I'm going to wear flats with my day time dress and hopefully I'll be able to tolerate a cute pair of patent leather strappy shoes with a 1" heal for the evening. Beauty knows no pain, right? LOL!! I'd love to wear a cute pair of heels with my evening dress, but unless I'm just going to sit on a bench all night, that's not gunna happen! LOL!!

When I know I am going to be on my feet for a while I wear dance heels. I wore this style of heel all through my pregnancy too, very comfy :-)

These are the shoes I will probably wear in the evening

117be0856fa5470760bb623b798f41fa_zps24efccc3.jpg

I also love my saddle shoes too, very comfy I purchased these at Payless for 19.99
498f8d2d1008317cd3d0a08faefeb436_zpsb3a5941e.jpg

Welcome, lilmisstude07! So glad you and your mom will be there, and for your birthday, too...nice! Disneyluvr2 is going to let us celebrate her birthday for her...I mean WITH her!

Any news yet on your bag??? I hope you get it!!!

I have the same issue. Even without walking around, heels kill my feet! Here's my plan. I'm bringing several pairs of shoes, including flats and flip flops, LOL. If my feet can no longer take the shoes I have on, I'll run over to the locker and get a different pair. I may end up keeping the flips in my purse. I haven't decided on evening shoes yet, but probably something pretty low.

When I know I am going to be on my feet for a while I wear dance heels. I wore this style of heel all through my pregnancy too, very comfy :-)

These are the shoes I will probably wear in the evening

117be0856fa5470760bb623b798f41fa_zps24efccc3.jpg

Those shoes are ADORABLE!!!!!! I LOVE the style!!! I am very jealous.

I also love my saddle shoes too, very comfy I purchased these at Payless for 19.99
498f8d2d1008317cd3d0a08faefeb436_zpsb3a5941e.jpg

I think it's funny how cute I find saddle shoes now. When I was a kid and HAD to wear them (this was in the 60s and I had to wear plastic things in my shoes to correct my pigeon toes) I thought they were the most hideous shoes ever. All of my friends got to wear Keds but my mom made me wear shoes with "support." Fast forward to now, and I'd LOVE to have some of those all-leather Oxfords I used to despise! I didn't know you could get saddle shoes at Payless...I wonder if they have red?

Hi DizMe,

I don't know if they come in red, I know I few retro sites carry them, but are pricey.

It is funny how certain things we hated from childhood we grow to love as adults. I hated the color pink, now I cant have enough pink in my life :-)

Hi DizMe,

I don't know if they come in red, I know I few retro sites carry them, but are pricey.

It is funny how certain things we hated from childhood we grow to love as adults. I hated the color pink, now I cant have enough pink in my life :-)

Ooo! Me too! I also hated ruffles. I was usually found in my (male) cousin's hand-me-down pants and often shirtless to boot. I was very indignant when, at kindergarten age, I was told I was too old to be without a top, ha ha. I did love ballerinas & princesses but I didn't want to wear frouffy stuff myself except to dress up once in a while. The one big exception I can think of was a pair of shoes I fell madly in love with at age 6 or 7. They were sparkly maroon patent leather Mary Janes. That was before you could run to WalMart and buy sparkly shoes any old time; you had to buy shoes at the shoe store. They were expensive but my dad, for some reason, decided I ought to have them. I loved them until they were worn to bits and the memory is a cherished one so I consider it a good investment. I also use it as a reminder to myself about what can be a really important thing to a little kid.

Pinup Mommy, I love your dance shoes -- something like that might work for me. I wonder if character shoes come in red?

So I decided on a red hat, but not the one linked to above. I haven't got a photo, but I already had a red velvet pill box sort of hat (probably from the 50s) that I got at a vintage shop a long time ago. I had forgotten about it, and discovered it while looking for something else in my closet yesterday. Its pretty much perfect. I'm going to add a hatband made of green grosgrain ribbon with white polka dots -- I think it will be perfect.

Jewelry -- should I go with a bold necklace, or something more simple? If simple, I'm thinking a vial of pixie dust as a pendant.

An update on my handbag -- we moved three years ago, so the post office would automatically return the package to the sender at this point. I managed to find the direct line to that neighborhood's post office, however, and was told that a supervisor would more likely than not be able to set the package aside for me, so I need to call about that tomorrow. There's hope! pixiedust:

Now I just need to get some alterations on my dress, and I'll be good to go...

Double posting because ---- THE POST OFFICE HAS MY BAG AND I CAN PICK IT UP TODAY!! :woohoo: I am so happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter