Anyone renew their Sirius XM radio subscription lately?

Today I got a "please come back" email from Sirius offering a $3.99/month (plus fees and tax) for 1 year deal to reactivate on a car that my daughter is using (and she has no interest in Sirius). That is the lowest rate I've ever been offered.
that is good....I'm (almost) reconsidering starting up again.... I like a few stations,and got a mailer for $5 a month plus tax..... holds that price for 2 years....wwyd?

that is good....I'm (almost) reconsidering starting up again.... I like a few stations,and got a mailer for $5 a month plus tax..... holds that price for 2 years....wwyd?

I'd take the $5/month for 2 year deal. It will probably be $6.XX/month with all the fees & taxes but still a good deal to be locked in for 2 years. You could always call or chat and see if you'd be eligible for the $3.99 deal...just tell them you have a friend who just got that and wondered if you'd be eligible, too. Never hurts to ask.

I'd take the $5/month for 2 year deal. It will probably be $6.XX/month with all the fees & taxes but still a good deal to be locked in for 2 years. You could always call or chat and see if you'd be eligible for the $3.99 deal...just tell them you have a friend who just got that and wondered if you'd be eligible, too. Never hurts to ask.
I did that on chat,it worked! 5.15/mo all in isn't too bad.... for a year

I just find it cheaper to stream radio on my cell phone than to take out a Sirius XM subscription. I pay $2 per GB on the US Mobile pool plan and I usually use about 2 GB a month through streaming, so it is around $4 per month.

I just find it cheaper to stream radio on my cell phone than to take out a Sirius XM subscription. I pay $2 per GB on the US Mobile pool plan and I usually use about 2 GB a month through streaming, so it is around $4 per month.

For us, it's not a matter of what's cheaper, it's what works best for us. And using your information -- you pay $4/month to be able to stream. We pay ~$7/month for satellite service in our car. I'll save that $3 difference somewhere else....like not buying something I didn't need anyway. My issue with streaming is that if I lose cell service (which happens frequently in the areas I drive in), I lose my music. Our daughter goes to a college 40 minutes away from where we live. We make that roundtrip drive 3 or 4 times a month for one reason or another. There is a 10-15 minute loss of cell service during that drive (for both AT&T and T-Mobile phones). There's no loss of satellite service on that drive. I rarely lose my satellite signal anywhere -- and if I do, it's literally for a few seconds rather than many minutes like with the cell service. If I'm going to pay for a streaming service (because I find the free streaming services with commercials to be extremely annoying), I'd rather pay a few dollars more for satellite service that is far more reliable for me, than to pay for streaming service that relies on somewhat spotty cell service. We have unlimited data so I don't even need to worry about that if I do stream. But if we didn't, there's no way I'd be paying more for data *and* paying for a commercial free streaming service. I know plenty of people who prefer to pay for streaming subscriptions rather than satellite, though (including my kids) and that's fine. Whatever works for you....

I just did the chat with Sirius and got my rate to about $8.99 total/month. He wiped $70 balance I had.

I was being raped for almost $23/mo. Of course, this offer is good for 1 year so I'll have to chat with them again at that time to threaten cancelling :-)

Thanks all for making this post and your suggestions!

Last edited:
Yeah SiriusXM made a lot of sense when it first started, but Technology has surpassed them.
For me there is no content I am interested in since the end of Opie and Anthony.

The music content is very repetitive if you are on a long trip.

I have a Plex server in my house that I can stream my entire music collation to my phone.
I can also stream from several services for basically free.
My phone has unlimited data so that is not an issue.

And of course I can store a fair amount of music on the phone for those rare dead zones.

Every once and a while I will sign up for 3 months for 99 cents and try it out since its built into my car - but I still find it not worth it in this day and age.

The biggest issue is they wont stop calling you to try to get you to reactivate.

The lowest long term rate (1 or 2 years) I've ever gotten was the $5 per month - but just not worth it - maybe if I returned to the office Id think about it

My one year for $6 a month just expired and new rate was around $24 a month. I chatted to cancel and they offered me around $85 for a year. Normally I cancel and wait for the "come back" offer, but this was acceptable.

The biggest issue is they wont stop calling you to try to get you to reactivate.
Though I still have it on another car what worked for me was I told them I sold the car, which was the truth. Haven't heard anything about renewing that particular radio since.

A number of years ago I had a couple of the portable Onyx radios. When we finally had cars with it built in we cancelled the Onyx radios and transferred the service. I kept getting offers to renew the Onyx. I want to say I went online and took them off my account (I may have called) and never got another renewal offer for them again. I have a feeling if they see inactive radios on your account they send the renewal notices.

I was just driving in my car thinking how nice it was with silence except for listening for ambulances, etc…
And then I thought Oh No I can’t get rid of SiriusXM because its almost time for Jollyholiday month of music and then I wondered if they also have a Halloween Music Channel…hahah in my scariest laugh
Were talking SCREAM SXM Channel 104 mid- October?

So my New Years Resolution will be to cancel SXM if I don’t forget to put it on my list …

Got my renewal for two subscriptions, my car and daughter's car. Last year, $89 all in. This year, $102, all in. I called and said I wanted the $4.99 a month. He said, let me check. He said, sure, $4.99 plus tax and royalty fee, $6.06 a month. So $72 for each rather than $102.

I know this is going to sound bad, but I am paying $30 a month for all of the stations. My boyfriend and I use all of the sports stations for MLB, NFL and NHL. Is there any price breaks to maintain all of those stations and the music stations we love? Thanks!

Yes tell them that you heard that some other people are paying $5.00 per month for the premium plan and you want that rate. I was paying $272 for the year and my plan was up for renewal. I got the year renewal for 90 dollars for every station.

This thread always baffled me as I have never had to renew my subscription. Until today, when I got an e-mail saying it was about to expire. First time in the 10 years I've had it.

This thread always baffled me as I have never had to renew my subscription. Until today, when I got an e-mail saying it was about to expire. First time in the 10 years I've had it.

My subscriptions have never expired, but the promotional rate would. So if I didn't call to renew the promotional rate, the subscription would just switch to the rack rate.

Last edited:
My subscription have never expired, but the promotional rate would. So if I didn't call to renew the promotional rate, the subscription would just switch to the rack rate.
Just looked at the e-mail. Not even from Sirrus, so must be a scam.

Just looked at the e-mail. Not even from Sirrus, so must be a scam.
Yes, I’ve been getting a lot of those lately, and DH got one this morning. Somebody got hold of a lot of email addresses! Hopefully no one falls for it, though unfortunately I’m afraid the reality is someone will.

Yes tell them that you heard that some other people are paying $5.00 per month for the premium plan and you want that rate. I was paying $272 for the year and my plan was up for renewal. I got the year renewal for 90 dollars for every station.
I just went through chat and got $8.99 plus taxes and fees for the next 12 months! Thank you so much for the info, I appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter