Anyone renew their Sirius XM radio subscription lately?

Anyone updated lately? I hate this process and just annoys the heck out of me. I did renew today for each our cars and for streaming services for $60/year + fees=$78.xx The young lady on the phone said my channels wouldn't change so I'm confused and she specifically mentioned being able to stream from phones and computers. Last year I paid $99/year for all access. Neither of us is commuting and I only listen to handful of the channels. I just hate the whole process!

Hi Tina,
Yes, I just did. I really wanted to cancel. I got the deal for $60 for the year, and it expired on Christmas day. I, of course, forgot and when I saw the charge for $20 for the month on my credit card, I realized I messed up and called. As usual, the deal got better with each refusal, and landed again at the $60 for the year. When I said I really did want to cancel, she offered me $2 a month for 3 more months, and would credit my card back for $12 difference. (4 months total at $2 at month)so I took that. Figured I was getting $$ back that I wouldn't otherwise.
Marked every calendar and reminder to cancel before months are up!

If you don’t care what package you have it’s, worth while to google for free promo codes... once my trial expired with my new car I found a 3 months free of all access promo code.. sometimes it’s for all access sometimes it’s for the select plan.. most times you can find something

Hi Tina,
Yes, I just did. I really wanted to cancel. I got the deal for $60 for the year, and it expired on Christmas day. I, of course, forgot and when I saw the charge for $20 for the month on my credit card, I realized I messed up and called. As usual, the deal got better with each refusal, and landed again at the $60 for the year. When I said I really did want to cancel, she offered me $2 a month for 3 more months, and would credit my card back for $12 difference. (4 months total at $2 at month)so I took that. Figured I was getting $$ back that I wouldn't otherwise.
Marked every calendar and reminder to cancel before months are up!

When you do call to renew in the future, ask them to waive whatever charges have been incurred between the time the plan renewed and you called in. You should only be paying the amount you get quoted for each year. Every time I ask for those fees to be waived and they "check with a supervisor" before immediately waiving the fees. Given how loosey goosey they are with fees and rates, my guess is they make their money on the volume of customers they have rather than the amount each of those customers pay.

I just bought a car and got the 3 months free trial. I would like to keep it but not for a lot of money. Thanks for all the tips here.

they must be hurting for business b/c when i last renewed (november) i didn't have to do the song and dance threatening to cancel, didn't even have to get transferred to another department. the person who answered the call saw mine was due to end in less than a month and said 'let me see what's the best rate i can offer'. it was less than i had paid for the previous six months-$29.00 plus tax.

Funny this came back up, as I just did my annual call today. I didn't bother with the back and forth, I said I want to cancel if I don't get the same deal as last year. Easy peasy LOL. They don't even try.

I think it depends on what "group" picks up your phone call. Most times I don't need to be transferred and the agent who picks up can handle my renewal. I did have one time where I was transferred to someone and they started going through the cancelation process. Of course I hung up and tried again and all was well, but the one time someone "called my bluff" really threw me off :laughing:

I think it depends on what "group" picks up your phone call. Most times I don't need to be transferred and the agent who picks up can handle my renewal. I did have one time where I was transferred to someone and they started going through the cancelation process. Of course I hung up and tried again and all was well, but the one time someone "called my bluff" really threw me off :laughing:
The one time they called my bluff, I just went ahead and cancelled. Within the week, they sent me the same deal I was after to "come back."

I always try to negotiate my annual Sirius XM subscription. My subscription is up in April, abe I will not be renewing for the list price of $247.58.

i probably listen to it for about 1-2 hours a month. If DH is in the car with me, that time will go up, DH loves Sirius radio.

For me, this service is worth about $50/year, including all the fees. For DH, in my car, he feels the service is worth $100.

what have you all recently negotiated for?
thanks!

Are you sure this is for a single vehicle & does it have all the bells and whistles like Howard Stern and the sports networks, We have it in 4 cars and it's about 300/year for all 4

We just bought a new car that had a free trial but since we were already subscribers, they transferred the trial over and extended our subscription and gave us the “new” rate which is half of the usual.

We have the paid subscription in the new car and I have the app on my phone, which I stream through Bluetooth in our other car. I love it and would never get rid of it. So we get two cars with one subscription that includes everything including Howard. Plus the app has a hundred or more channels that the satellite receiver doesn’t have.

I also play it through my phone to Bluetooth speakers on the deck outside.

On a long drive from CT to WDW it can’t be beat, no channels fading away as we go along.

mac_tlc

I’m starting to really hate the annual “dance” of pretending I want to cancel to get them to offer me a good deal to renew. But I really can’t justify paying the significantly higher amount for the full-price renewal. I would much prefer if they just had lower, non-negotiable regular rates.

Just renewed one of my car's radios and got it for $5/mo plus fees for 12 months.

It’s been 2 years since I cancelled and those offers arrive nonstop to renew !
Now I am dealing with OnStar changing their memberships. They are getting rid of my reason I kept my membership.

I’m starting to really hate the annual “dance” of pretending I want to cancel to get them to offer me a good deal to renew. But I really can’t justify paying the significantly higher amount for the full-price renewal. I would much prefer if they just had lower, non-negotiable regular rates.

When I just called I didn't even pretend to cancel. I asked straight out of I was eligible for the $5/mo plan. He said hold please and got back to me in 30 seconds and said I was and I told him I wanted it.

They made it so massively unpleasant and difficult to cancel my plan when we had it, I don't think I'll ever sign back up for fear of having to deal with that phone call again. If they made it easier to cancel, I'd likely dip my toe in here and there for summer trips and whatnot since one of our vehicles has it built-in now. I just listen to my own music regardless, but wish it was easier to come and go like streaming services.

They made it so massively unpleasant and difficult to cancel my plan when we had it, I don't think I'll ever sign back up for fear of having to deal with that phone call again. If they made it easier to cancel, I'd likely dip my toe in here and there for summer trips and whatnot since one of our vehicles has it built-in now. I just listen to my own music regardless, but wish it was easier to come and go like streaming services.

Wow I've never had an experience like that. Maybe you just got a bad agent?

Wow I've never had an experience like that. Maybe you just got a bad agent?

It was horrible. I was on the phone with this woman for over 30 minutes. I usually am very polite on the phone but by the end of it I found myself being very snippy, unfortunately.

She kept asking why, I kept saying I just don't use it enough and I don't want it anymore. She put me on hold *3 times* each time to "process my cancellation", then would come back and offer me another lower price to continue service instead.

I kept saying no, just cancel it please, and she just kept going around in circles. I was not going to hang up the phone until she gave me some viable confirmation of cancellation and it was just awful. She would even say things like "This is much better than cancelling, I don't think you should cancel. This is such a great deal." What! Then I kept an eye on my credit card like a hawk for the next 2 weeks to make sure they really did it. It was totally insane. Now I get promos in the mail from them constantly but after that I'm scared off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter