Anyone renew their Sirius XM radio subscription lately?

I've gone through the routine every year for years. Last year, price was $87.26 a year, all in, base, royalty fee and taxes, $7.25 a month. Last year, they said no need to keep calling, we will bill you the same amount next year (now). A couple weeks ago, received a billing notice from them for late December renewal. Exactly the same price as last year. I'm pleased. :music:

I've gone through the routine every year for years. Last year, price was $87.26 a year, all in, base, royalty fee and taxes, $7.25 a month. Last year, they said no need to keep calling, we will bill you the same amount next year (now). A couple weeks ago, received a billing notice from them for late December renewal. Exactly the same price as last year. I'm pleased. :music:
Sweet. It is strange how they offer different people different deals. That is also why it feels like such a rip off paying full price.

Sweet. It is strange how they offer different people different deals. That is also why it feels like such a rip off paying full price.

It sure is hard to understand their methods. Last year, they told me the deal I had before wasn’t available for “that car”. The deal they ended up giving me was just about a dollar more a month so that was fine. My husbands renewed a few months later & got him the same price as mine. This year I renewed in June, got the same price as last year. Played the cancel dance for my husband’s online in August. They offered him a dollar less a month. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Bumping up again. I just renewed again. Did the cancel option online, picked too expensive as the reason, got directed to chat. The agent asked for the reason I was cancelling, I again said new rate is too expensive. Her words “don’t worry about that regular rate, I’ll give you the best price”. She then offered me the exact same price I had last year… $5.99/ month, $7.27 with all taxes & fees. So, same price & same package as I’ve been getting for the last 2 years. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes.

Bumping up again. I just renewed again. Did the cancel option online, picked too expensive as the reason, got directed to chat. The agent asked for the reason I was cancelling, I again said new rate is too expensive. Her words “don’t worry about that regular rate, I’ll give you the best price”. She then offered me the exact same price I had last year… $5.99/ month, $7.27 with all taxes & fees. So, same price & same package as I’ve been getting for the last 2 years. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes.
Yep, I did the same thing 3 days ago when I saw the pending charge of ~$24.84 per month instead of the $7.27 - I went on the chat and just like the above, they were very ready to lock things back at the lower price and I sure am not paying $24 per month!

Just renewed a few minutes ago, been a subscriber since 2002. I have always dreaded that call once a year.

Love that I can now renew via Chat.

Was offered the "Advantage" plan for $6.99/month, $9.08 with taxes & fees. "Advantage" plan just means your cost will always remain the same, unless they raise prices. It just means you don't have to deal with it yearly.

I opted for the non-Advantage plan for $5.99/month, $7.27 with taxes and fees. I'll Chat with them again next year.

I saw $5/month for 12 months commercial on tv. I called and asked about it. No questions asked and completed the one year renewal transaction in a few minutes for $60 and tax.

Also know that the agents have a LOT of latitude. For example, I was told the "best" they could do was give me 12 months for $5.99 a month and that the $5 for 12 month promotional rate was no longer available. After pressing further the agent put a $12 credit on my account to bring it down to $5/month.

Now I know technically I'm paying a bit more in taxes and fees than if it was $4.99 a month, but sometimes your time is worth more than trying to finagle getting that deal.

What is the motivation for Sirius/XM? I have both Spotify Premium and Apple Music+ and between them have tons of playlists and now Apple Music offers Apple Classical which has hundreds of hours of classical content (of which I listen a lot). I used to have Sirius back in the day but now can't justify it amongst my other subscriptions. Is there a compelling reason I should come back?

What is the motivation for Sirius/XM? I have both Spotify Premium and Apple Music+ and between them have tons of playlists and now Apple Music offers Apple Classical which has hundreds of hours of classical content (of which I listen a lot). I used to have Sirius back in the day but now can't justify it amongst my other subscriptions. Is there a compelling reason I should come back?
I have it for the car mainly as we do a lot of road trips every year.

I use my phone as a phone, I guess, is my response. I know nothing about Spotify or Apple, but with Sirrius XM it seems a whole lot easier to use as a casual observer. Sirrus if included with my Dish Network, and a lot of listening is at home on the TV, and we do travel places with no cell coverage, so having Sirrus is a Godsend on a road trip.

Live options, service where there is no cell service are the two biggest. I like to listen to news and talk radio. I also drive in some places where there isn't enough cell service to run streaming services. I can also listen to every baseball game all year.

Some like the specialty and talk type stations that you can't get anywhere else. Examples are the NASCAR channel, Sirius/XM FC- the soccer station, and Howard Stern to name a few.

Also not everybody has unlimited data so Sirius/XM is the other option

We just listen to music and we're overpaying for a platinum plan. They offered $8.99 for platinum but it was still more than we actually use so we stepped down to the $5.99 plan.

I just used the chat yesterday to renew my $5.99 rate (with tax it's $7 and change.). First they offered $13.99 and I said to cancel then they found me a better offer since I was a very valued customer :)

My partner got so sick of the game about calling and threatening to cancel unless they offered him the $5.99 a month, he finally just canceled completely. Decided he didn’t like their business practices. Do you think anyone pays the $13.99 a month?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter