Anyone seen this thread about Crash & Brokeback?

Kevin&Randall said:
Wow.

I have a headache and only got through about 3 pages of that thread. I have never gone into the "community" boards, and thinking I won't again any time soon. I'm perfectly happy with this community.

Randall

:rainbow:

I know a lot of people have been encouraging you to not give up on the CB and spend some more time there, but I honestly don't agree. It's really not a nice place. For as many nice people as I've seen over there, I've met just as many jerks. I'm seriously hoping there isn't a limit to the number of people you can put on your "ignore" list, because I'm running out of room.

I still drop by once in a while, but the whole place just has this hostile vibe--and some of the most vocal folks are also the most narrow-minded.

If you have a choice between spending time on the CB and organizing your socks, I'd honestly pick the socks. I honestly have not gotten nearly as much good out of the CB as the bad. :guilty:

Chattyaholic said:
Just because I don't condone the gay/lesbian lifestyle does not make my opinion "garbage" or mean that I am "ignorant." We all have the right to express our opinions, and should be able to do so without resorting to name-calling. I don't feel hatred towards gay/lesbian people. In fact I used to work with a young man who is gay and he is one of the sweetest people I know. We got along great, and I still see him from time to time and we always stop and talk. I love him as a person, but don't condone his lifestyle. That doesn't make me a bad person. I think the gay/lesbian lifestyle is wrong, and I know there are many others here who feel the same way.

Please, please, please--as a straight woman, I've just got to know what this "gay lifestyle" is. I mean, if it's so much better than mine that others actually *choose* to live that way, then I've just gotta know all about it! I've said it before, I must've been absent the day we all *chose* our sexual orientation, and someone took it upon him or herself to check the "Straight" box for me--I sure know I didn't do it.

I read your post on the CB, and nowhere her do I see Dakota Lynn's post as a "personal attack"--she called you out on your opinions--ones you stated on a public message board. Now, we all realize we're entitled to post our own opinions within DIS guidelines, but don't expect others to sit back and not address bigotry and xenophobia--I wish more people would do so--gays and straights together.

If this 'gay lifestyle' is one where gays and lesbians are constantly judged by whom they love then I'm wrong--I certainly don't want to be part of that club. No wait--let me revise that. If my 'hetero lifestyle' is one of judging gays and lesbians by whom they love, then I don't want to be a part of that. Someone please send me an application for this Homosexual Club that you all have *chosen* to join--it seems much more accepting, supportive and non-judgemental that the club I'm currently in. :sad2:

luvmydogs said:
Please, please, please--as a straight woman, I've just got to know what this "gay lifestyle" is. I mean, if it's so much better than mine that others actually *choose* to live that way, then I've just gotta know all about it! I've said it before, I must've been absent the day we all *chose* our sexual orientation, and someone took it upon him or herself to check the "Straight" box for me--I sure know I didn't do it.

I read your post on the CB, and nowhere her do I see Dakota Lynn's post as a "personal attack"--she called you out on your opinions--ones you stated on a public message board. Now, we all realize we're entitled to post our own opinions within DIS guidelines, but don't expect others to sit back and not address bigotry and xenophobia--I wish more people would do so--gays and straights together.

If this 'gay lifestyle' is one where gays and lesbians are constantly judged by whom they love then I'm wrong--I certainly don't want to be part of that club. No wait--let me revise that. If my 'hetero lifestyle' is one of judging gays and lesbians by whom they love, then I don't want to be a part of that. Someone please send me an application for this Homosexual Club that you all have *chosen* to join--it seems much more accepting, supportive and non-judgemental that the club I'm currently in. :sad2:
:cheer2:

luvmydogs said:

:thumbsup2

Your application is in the mail.

For extra credit go rent Funny Girl and brush up!

luvmydogs said:

Thank You for making my night and saying what I wanted to say back to this ignorant human being with much class and wit. People like you make my life and my families life alot more easy.

I would have been much more angry and im sure to have made a fool of myself in doing so, you know that they say about posting angry!!! :badpc:

As for the OP of this babble, yes you are entitled to your beliefs and your opinions but when you are outright disrespecting and hating with your words you would be best to keep them to yourself.

Maybe you are not aware but us Homosexuals are human beings and have the same feelings you do and cry the same tears. Something for you to roll around in your head, why in the WORLDS would any of us CHOOSE to live this way? Answer is, we would not, we are just being the people that God made us. Get over it and try to forget we exist, you will be a much happier person.

I think the gay/lesbian lifestyle is wrong, and I know there are many others here who feel the same way.

Just makes you want to scratch your head, doesn't it? :confused3
I'm going to go with Granny's saying of "just look over people, God {or insert your higher power here } loves everyone"

If this 'gay lifestyle' is one where gays and lesbians are constantly judged by whom they love then I'm wrong--I certainly don't want to be part of that club. No wait--let me revise that. If my 'hetero lifestyle' is one of judging gays and lesbians by whom they love, then I don't want to be a part of that. Someone please send me an application for this Homosexual Club that you all have *chosen* to join--it seems much more accepting, supportive and non-judgemental that the club I'm currently in.

Awesome! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Chattyaholic said:
Just because I don't condone the gay/lesbian lifestyle does not make my opinion "garbage" or mean that I am "ignorant." We all have the right to express our opinions, and should be able to do so without resorting to name-calling. I don't feel hatred towards gay/lesbian people. In fact I used to work with a young man who is gay and he is one of the sweetest people I know. We got along great, and I still see him from time to time and we always stop and talk. I love him as a person, but don't condone his lifestyle. That doesn't make me a bad person. I think the gay/lesbian lifestyle is wrong, and I know there are many others here who feel the same way.

Actually, you're non-condonence (whatever that means) of the "gay" lifestyle does make you a bad person. As people it is our spiritual responsibility to grow up into the sort of individuals who see and accept every single human being on this planet as "one of us," a child of God, an inheritor of the Kingdom. You're failure to see this is a failure of faith and vision. That makes you just like most folk. If you are a person of faith, why not dream bigger dreams? Why not see deeper? Why not love more?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter