Anyone Taken the Adventure Express tour?

Disney1992

Mouseketeer
I was curious if anyone has taken the Adventure Express tour. We have booked this tour along with the Polar Expedition tour. After the recent reviews of the Polar tour, I'll think we'll drop that one. Now, I'm a little concerned about the Adventure tour.

Thanks!

I just booked this morning, the Adventure Express Tour for June 19th. I came to ask the same question about who has done it. Would like to hear some info on it.

Disney 1992,
What did you hear that was bad about the other tour? :confused3

Thanks, YO

I've done it and it's a good tour. You get front of the line access on the rides, a lunch, reserved seating at 2 shows, and behind the scenes tours of the Shamu areas and others. All in all, a they fill up the 6 hours very well and I think it was money well spent.

DTop,
Thanks for the info. I hope it's ok if I fire away with a few questions.

-Did you get the private penguin encounter? :cool1:
-Did you get to pet the penguin? :)
-What was for lunch? :banana:
-How where the seats for the shows?
-Where you in the wet zone? :teeth:
-Did they take you to the feeding time with the animals?
-Did they supply the fish or did you have to buy yourself?

Will my DD's 13 & 10 who love :love: animals enjoy this tour?

Thanks, YO

There is a thread titled Polar expedition a letdown. I'd post the link, but I don't know how.

I got that it was only an hour and you really didn't get see much that you couldn't see on your own. Since the penguin encounter is included with the Adventure Express, I'm not convinced it's worth doing in addition to the Adventure Express tour.

I am thinking about booking this, but am on the fence about it. If anyone has done the 6 hour adventure express tour and can tell us what it was like that would be super!

:Pinkbounc

DTop,

>The Penguin Encounter is the name of the exhibit.

>Yes, we each got to pet a penguin.

>Lunch was a buffet at the Dine With Shamu area (pretty good too).

>We got center (near front row) at Clyde & Seymore take Pirate Isalnd and at the Shamu show.

>We were in the splash zone, but you could escape if you wanted.

>Yes, we fed the dolphins and seals and sea lions.

>They supplied the fish.

>I can't imagine why not.

Thanks, YO

DTop said:
DTop,

>The Penguin Encounter is the name of the exhibit.

>Yes, we each got to pet a penguin.

>Lunch was a buffet at the Dine With Shamu area (pretty good too).

>We got center (near front row) at Clyde & Seymore take Pirate Isalnd and at the Shamu show.

>We were in the splash zone, but you could escape if you wanted.

>Yes, we fed the dolphins and seals and sea lions.

>They supplied the fish.

>I can't imagine why not.

Thanks, YO

Thanks for the helpful info!
What rides did you get front of the line access to and how long did you get the perk? Was it just during the 6 hours of the tour, or was it good for the whole day? What time of the year did you go, and what time was the lunch? Do you think it was worth the $?

We got the front of the line access for Kraken (roller coaster), Journey to Atlantis (flume type, wet ride), and to the helicopter simulator at Wild Arctic. These are all the rides SW has and the access was for the duration of the tour only.
Our lunch was a buffet at around noon(ala Dine With Shamu) and included cold cut sandwiches, salads, desserts, and soft drinks at the DWS area and the Orcas were quite cooperative. I went on the tour in April and yes I would say it was worth doing at least once. The tour guide gave us lots of good info.

DTop said:
We got the front of the line access for Kraken (roller coaster), Journey to Atlantis (flume type, wet ride), and to the helicopter simulator at Wild Arctic. These are all the rides SW has and the access was for the duration of the tour only.
Our lunch was a buffet at around noon(ala Dine With Shamu) and included cold cut sandwiches, salads, desserts, and soft drinks at the DWS area and the Orcas were quite cooperative. I went on the tour in April and yes I would say it was worth doing at least once. The tour guide gave us lots of good info.

Thank you DTop! Did you stay beyond the 6 hours, or were you able to do everything in that time? Is it really a tour or do you get to decide when/what you're going to do? If it is a tour, how many times do they let you go on the rides (are you limited)? If it's a tour, did you have to go see anything you weren't really interested in? Thanks again!

It is indeed a tour complete with a tour guide and VIP lanyards. I didn't think anything was uninteresting at all. I stayed a couple of hours after the tour and caught the Blue Horizons show. I understand that some of the AE tours get to see Blue Horizons rather than Clyde and Seymour. That would have been fine too. You do stay with the group for the duration and it seemed that if there was time (quiet day), you'd be able to do a ride a second time but none of our group did. Some people didn't do Kraken and they went shopping while the rest of the tour did the ride. The tour guide just told us where to meet and at what time.

DTop said:
It is indeed a tour complete with a tour guide and VIP lanyards. I didn't think anything was uninteresting at all. I stayed a couple of hours after the tour and caught the Blue Horizons show. I understand that some of the AE tours get to see Blue Horizons rather than Clyde and Seymour. That would have been fine too. You do stay wilth the group for the duration and it seemed that if there was time (quiet day), you'd be able to do a ride a second time but none of our group did. Some people didn't do Kraken and they went shopping while the rest of the tour did the ride. The tour guide just told us where to meet and at what time.

Thanks again!

DTop, your awesome :thumbsup2 Thanks for answering all of our questions! I am really looking forward to doing this tour. I think it will be just right for my DD's and just the right amount of time. Youngest DD can't last all day in a park so this is a big bonus for us.

Zsa Zsa, great questions, thanks for jumping in with more. :teeth:

Disney 1992, thanks for starting the thread! :goodvibes

YO

We are trying to squeeze a Seaworld trip into about 8 hours without feeling to rushed. 4 of us including a 7yr old and 10yr old.
Do you think the tour would accomplish that for us?
It seems like with the front of ride access, the encounters and lunch that we would be all set. What is your opinion?

Is the lunch that is part of this tour the same as the dine with Shamu experience?

Thanks

RedsoxMickey,
Just did our tour June 19th and it was fantastic!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1: :banana: I highly recommend it. You get in most of the park and I feel this would be your best bet to get to do all that you would like in your limited time. We came back the next day and finished off things we didn't get to do because it is such a cool park. The tour will last the full 6 hours. I would suggest the earliest tour you can do and then take whatever time you have left to do the things you missed and still want to do. The lunch is in the exact same area as the dine-with Shamu but it is a nicely done cold cut sandwich buffet with chips and drinks and desert. The whales are not quaranteed to be in the tank right next to you but we could see the trainers working with them in the other tanks and they did send them in for a few minutes in the tank next to us. Very nice! :smooth:

Go for it! It was one of our biggest highlights of our 15 day vacation.

YO

coachyo said:
RedsoxMickey,
Just did our tour June 19th and it was fantastic!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1: :banana: I highly recommend it. You get in most of the park and I feel this would be your best bet to get to do all that you would like in your limited time. We came back the next day and finished off things we didn't get to do because it is such a cool park. The tour will last the full 6 hours. I would suggest the earliest tour you can do and then take whatever time you have left to do the things you missed and still want to do. The lunch is in the exact same area as the dine-with Shamu but it is a nicely done cold cut sandwich buffet with chips and drinks and desert. The whales are not quaranteed to be in the tank right next to you but we could see the trainers working with them in the other tanks and they did send them in for a few minutes in the tank next to us. Very nice! :smooth:

Go for it! It was one of our biggest highlights of our 15 day vacation.

YO

Coachyo,
I have our Seaworld tix for July 31st. It is my DS5 birthday. He is turning 6. We are thinking about booking this tour. Do you get to touch and feed the dolphins? Also, DS is a picky eater. Do they have any hot dogs, pizza, fries, mac & cheese, etc. for the kids at lunch? He will not eat a cold cut sandwich. Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated. :wave:

This could be a SPOILER!!!!...But Here it is How was my Adventure Expreess Tour Experience!

I did it last year and it was fantastic. Since my DB and I have been in SW parks before, we desided to do this one a little different throu the Adventure Express Tour. The tour began at 10:30am. A nice tour guide waited for us near the information desks. After everyone introduce themself, she gave us a Bottled water and off we went. The first thing we did was the Shamu Show. We arrived 10 min before the show started. We were seated in a reserve area in the middle. It said Soak Zone but we got only some drops. After the show we went to the Penguing Encounter. There we pet a penguing. The "peting" is just touching the penguing because they aren't friendly. HEHE.

We had lunch ( I don't remember if it was after or before the Encounter) at the same area that the Dine w/ Shamu is. By the SHAMU POOL!!! She didn't performe any tricks but she swam there. The food was good! It was a buffet. Light one, chicken, hams, salads, bread, jell-o, etc.

We went to Atlantis-this was the best part-Since it was almost 1pm, there was a huge line, but we entered via employee entrance...right to hop in into the boat!.The Same was for Kraken. This ride is awsome!! I love it!

The Dolphin encounter was next. The Tour guide gave us some fish to feed them and we had some shaded (umbrella shade) area reserved for us. No fight over the borders!!!! After Dolphins were the sting rays. We fed them too. Then the turn was for the Seals. The Seals were all noisy-kind-of-scary. I think the had actitude but was so coool to feed them. (After each feeding area ther is soap and water to wash your hands). The Blue Horizons show logistic was as same as shamu, we got a reserved area somewhere the 7th row in the middle. The Final event was Wild Artic. After that the tour is over and you are on your own.

The only bad thing was that after the tour there isn't many shows left. But the rides are still open for the second rides!!

DB and I had a blast! Our group was fabulous! We met a Mexican Family and their 9-yr-old adopted us for the tour. He was so cute...

Anyway, I recommend it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter