Anyone up? Harry & Meghan Royal Wedding Watch thread

A few thoughts...
The preacher is the Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal church in the US. He is well known for his style of preaching. I was curious as to how he would be received....I guess I saw something different than most of you. I thought most people seemed to be paying attention to him, and that Harry and Meghan seemed pleased. They knew exactly what they were getting when they included him.
The thing that I really noticed is that Meghan knows how to keep her facial expressions camera ready! No 'resting' face there! It was pretty incredible to watch.
I have to wonder what Meghan's mother was thinking/feeling. She seemed to be very introspective. The queen didn't seem so thrilled, but Phillip seemed fine.
The music was wonderful...with the exception of the screeching soprano soloist at the beginning!!! Didn't care for her at all.
All in all...a lovely service.

No idea where Fergie was seated, Probably not with the A-list crowd.
....and that's a shame, considering she's is Harry's aunt...George Clooney got more air time....gimme a break.

Last edited:
I felt like Meghans mother was all alone. She was sitting by herself. On TV, they commented that she looked lonely and wished she had brought along a girlfriend or something.

I thought I heard Fergie was with the A-crowd. She was sitting with family. I did not see her, just what I heard on tv.

From what I've read, the half-brother who's been bad-mouthing Meghan went to London. The half-sister didn't. The half-brother's estranged sons and ex-wife are there as well.

No idea where Fergie was seated, Probably not with the A-list crowd.
She did make it up into the front part of the nave, in the sideways seats. Somewhere other than where Andrew and the Princesses York were though. I'd like to have a better idea what that space is like IRL - were those hundreds of guests seated in chairs on the other side of the big archway even able to see the couple at the alter?

the church was divided in 2 sections. The royals and Megans mother were seated in sideways pews at the top of the church. Then there was an archway, then the rest of the guests in regular side by side rows.

There was a protocol of how people arrived. Guests began arriving in groups from 10am, 2 hours before the official 12pm start. All the celeb guests and non royals arrived first, then the royals in order of hierarchy.

She did make it up into the front part of the nave, in the sideways seats. Somewhere other than where Andrew and the Princesses York were though. I'd like to have a better idea what that space is like IRL - were those hundreds of guests seated in chairs on the other side of the big archway even able to see the couple at the alter?

Well, that's good to know. I saw photos and she wasn't with Andrew and her daughters so I guessed she was relegated to the back.

I didn't see how the church was laid out. Was it a separate room for the B list?

The church I attended as a child had two rows of large pillars with dozens of obstructed view seats.

the preacher is a friend of The Arch Bishop of Canterbury, and was recommended by him. Sarah Ferguson was in the sideways seats with the royal family but not seated with her daughters. Again royal hierarchy and protocol in the seating in that part of the church

Was anyone else surprised that in their vows, their given names of Henry and Rachel were not used?

M
Well, that's good to know. I saw photos and she wasn't with Andrew and her daughters so I guessed she was relegated to the back.

I didn't see how the church was laid out. Was it a separate room for the B list?

The church I attended as a child had two rows of large pillars with dozens of obstructed view seats.

Sarah, Duchess of York sat with her daughter's fiance Jack Brooksbank, who wasnt allowed into the same area aa his bride to be because they are not yet married.

@CdnCarrie and @Disneylover99 - what channel did you watch the coverage on? I recorded it on Global and though the commentary was so insipid at times and some of their information just blatantly incorrect and made them sound stupid. It also weirdly seemed like they couldn't see what we were seeing on the screen. Did either of the other networks do a better job?

@CdnCarrie and @Disneylover99 - what channel did you watch the coverage on? I recorded it on Global and though the commentary was so insipid at times and some of their information just blatantly incorrect and made them sound stupid. It also weirdly seemed like they couldn't see what we were seeing on the screen. Did either of the other networks do a better job?
We watched it on CBC. I thought the commentary was okay. Nothing really stood out one way or another. I was thinking about switching to CTV, but I never did.

confused, why were you all not watching either BBC online or SKY NEWS online, they actually had multiple reporters on the ground in various places around Windsor and were interviewing many people connected to the wedding. They have dedicated full time royal correspondents who get the info direct and first from the royal press office and are actually known and recognised by the royal family as they travel with them on over sees visits. These royal correspondents know their stuff and have the real actual facts and figures, not just what they think are the facts

I could be wrong, but I believe Diana's tiara went to Kate. My guess is that this one will become Meghan's.

Well, the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara, which is perhaps the tiara Diana is best known for, was on loan from the Queen and Kate has worn that once or twice. The Spencer family tiara that she wore at her wedding to Prince Charles remains with the Spencer family. Apparently there was a big broohaha at some point while Diana was still married as she felt the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara was difficult to wear and she wanted to wear the Spencer tiara on a regular basis but her brother wouldn't let her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter