• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone waitlisted for first week in Dec 2005?

Inga

DIS Veteran
Hi

DH and I are waitlisted for everything (studio and 1 brm) from the week of Dec 4th to 8th as everything was booked up solid (we only booked on Monday as we just got our membership # on that day). I would like to know who my competition is ;). Anyone else waitlisted for that time?

Thanks
Inga

Hi,

We are waitlisted for one night of our eight day trip at the BCV on 12/6. Need a two bedroom. I hope your waitlist comes through for you.

Thanks Christine

We felt kind-of foolish when we called, thinking we would get something for the first week of December at some resort somewhere...not how it works as it turns out...how long have you been on the waitlist?

Inga

Inga said:
Thanks Christine

We felt kind-of foolish when we called, thinking we would get something for the first week of December at some resort somewhere...not how it works as it turns out...how long have you been on the waitlist?

Inga
Hope the CM didn't make you feel foolish - no reason for the non-DVC experienced/new members to know that early December is a busy time for the DVC resorts. It's certainly not the most popular season for the non-DVC WDW resorts!

The best chance of your waitlist coming through will be at 31 days before arrival. That's when any DVC member whose plans aren't really firm will cancel (to avoid having points end up in the holding account).

Good luck!

You have to make sure they know to keep you on the wait list after the 30 day mark.

We're on the waitlist for 12/4 - 12/9 at OKW for a 2bedroom. Only on 1 week so far. Hopefully we'll both get it.

We are waitlisted for a studio at OKW for 12/8 and 12/11 . Was able to book 12/9 & 12/10.

mac_tlc

Hi Folks

Thank you for the postings, keep 'em coming!

Thanks for the pixie dust Bobbie! It will be a long wait until 30 days prior to our reservation! DH and I will be sitting on our hands!

DH is very tempted to purchase CS with our points as we know that is available during our days and we haven't stayed there yet...and he is concerned that we will be at 30 days, and there won't be anything for us to use our DVC points for (we have a POP reservation for that week...just in case!). Our use year is April so if we don't use the points the first week in Dec, I guess we'll be flying back in Jan-Feb or March!

Worse things could happen, I guess :goodvibes

Inga

Inga said:
Hi Folks

Thank you for the postings, keep 'em coming!

Thanks for the pixie dust Bobbie! It will be a long wait until 30 days prior to our reservation! DH and I will be sitting on our hands!

DH is very tempted to purchase CS with our points as we know that is available during our days and we haven't stayed there yet...and he is concerned that we will be at 30 days, and there won't be anything for us to use our DVC points for (we have a POP reservation for that week...just in case!). Our use year is April so if we don't use the points the first week in Dec, I guess we'll be flying back in Jan-Feb or March!

Worse things could happen, I guess :goodvibes

Inga
If your use year is April, you have until the end of September to bank all of your 2005 points. Wait until at least then before you let DH make a "panic" ressie at CSR.

If it were me and the wait list didn't come through by then, I'd probably bank the points (for a longer trip next year) and use the POP back up ressie. Unless of course you WANT to take a trip next January, February or March, LOL!

Best wishes -

BCV, 1 Bdr...we've got OKW though:) So if the 1 bedroom we need at BCV comes through, that'll be one 1 bedroom at OKW for someone!! :goodvibes

Here's hoping!!;)

:sunny:

We are on the waitlist for a 1 bedroom Dec. 12th. Two weeks ago we were able to book for the 13-15th but now everything is booked solid.

We are waitlisted for a GV at OKW for Dec 3rd- 9th. I'm not holding my breath that it will come through. However, if it does, the two 2bdrs that we have booked now will be free for some of you waiting. :)

I've already booked OKW for 12/6 thru 12/10, but I am waitlisted for a VWL studio...no luck yet.

Waitlisted since beginning of June for VWL studio 12/10 thru 12/14. Consider ourselves lucky to get BWV at less than 6 months out. Originally had a Preferred Studio, got waitlist about a month ago for Standard. Glowing reports on this board convinced us to add on there sight unseen. Not sure if I'll take the VWL if it does become available.

I've been waitlisted for a couple of months now for VWL studio 12/5 - 12/10 (I have a studio now at BCV )
Good luck everyone!

I will be calling and cancelling a 1br at VWL for 11/25 - 12/4 on Monday to postpone plans until February. :guilty: So hopefully that will make someone very happy!!

I am booked in a studio at SSR for 12/9-12/12 but am waitlisting for a studio at BWV or BCV. If it comes through, great...if not...we love SSR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter