Anyone with a recent Super Shuttle or any other shuttle review?

ZBSW

Mouseketeer
Hello folks,

We've added a trip to DL in 2019 and wanted to know if anyone has a recent review of a shuttle to DL hotel.
In 2017 we Disney'd twice, one taking the Disney Express and once on the Super Shuttle. The Disneyland Express is out because we are staying at the Great Wolf Lodge for a couple days before our DL stay.
Our 2017 experience was pretty good for Super Shuttle. Dropped off a guy to his home, then another family to Paradise Pier with us.
Though I've been reading reviews of how horrible service was / is with Super Shuttle in the past few months. I don't mind the extra stops, but I don't want an extra hassle on our trip.

Thanks for any info or recommendations folks.

I've been researching like crazy for our trip next month. Out of every 20-30 reviews you find one good one for Super Shuttle. And many of them are horror stories. Did you look at Lansky? It is pricier but gets stellar reviews across the board. We're doing Disney Express because for the time we'd gain it wasn't worth the extra money we'd have to spend.

SuperShuttle is fine when it goes great, but they are a literal crap shoot. I once had what should have been a 50 min trip take 2.5 hours with all the waiting at other airport stops, all the drop offs and even another pickup before reaching my destination. Was not worth any amount of savings vs a direct option IMO. Never again.

Plenty of happy customers I am sure, just be aware of what you are getting into.

We are opting for Lansky - yes, it's more expensive but they will meet us when we arrive, allow us to make a grocery stop (at no extra charge) and provide a good quality car seat for my grandson.

Thanks for the input folks.

I'm leaning towards Lansky, Uber / Lyft, and something called Execucar.

Lansky seems the safest bet, but the price is about double ever other shuttle service. Though we might go with them if everything else looks sketchy and if they can sub the grocery stop with an In and Out Stop.

Uber /Lyft is probably our first choice.
Anyone know if three riders with three standard carryons fit in the basic service?

Execucar just popped up while doing research just now.

Execucar is a sister company to Super Shuttle, but their service is far superior. They offer private limo transportation (similar to Lansky?). I've used Execucar in other cities but not in the Disneyland/LA area.

We only use Sunny's Transportation when we need a ride from SNA. Sanjay and Sunny are awesome and always on time and ready for us. You will pay more than for Uber/Lyft, but there is a ton of room in their SUV and we prefer it.

Used Uber twice, but from SNA. It worked great. Last time the driver cheerfully stopped at a CVS for 5 minutes on the way in, so DH could run in and pick up a case of water. Are you coming into LAX?

I've used Super Shuttle twice in earlier years, it was not great the first time and the second time was awful.

Thanks for all the personal reviews, suggestions, and info folks!

I did fail to mention that we are flying into LAX and landing around 7:15 AM.

We really liked Lansky. It was expensive but they had a car seat already set up for my daughter and the service and car were great.

From LAX, another shuttle firm you should consider is Karmel Shuttle. Even with their shared van service they don't loop and loop the airport terminals. We arrived in LAX last week to discover that we were the only couple scheduled for pickup, so we got dropped off to our hotel in due course. Had to wait a bit outside the B area at the Tom Bradley International Terminal but not for long. http://www.karmel.com

Preferred Sightseeing should also be able to match or beat most shuttle prices. http://www.********************.com

Hope this helps.

We have used Super Shuttle every time over the past 16 years and not once had an issue. Guess we've lucked out. We've liked some drivers better than others or thought they were better driver's, but never had a bad experience.

Here is another vote for execucar or Bussiness express through Super Shuttle. Shared van is a crap shoot especially from the airport

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter