Anything ever been stolen from your stroller at Disney?

Always keep the stoller or whatever in FRONT of you at parades. We had it behind us so we could be closer to the night parade. Our bag was stolen out of the stroller. Luckily we had the only thing really valuable, the camera, with us.

Never thought about it until then that especially at a night parade with all the strollers behind people and attention on the parade how easy it would be to go down the line and grab anything and everything!

MOST strollers in Disney are fine. Even with some stuff in the basket. The problem is that when your stuff is taken, it doesn't help to know that most every else's stuff was untouched.

FWIW........... I think the strollers themselves are more valuable than the stuff in them. Someone should see if the Craig's list stroller section in Orlando is busier than most metro areas. I bet it is.And the dirty diaper trick has been around for a long time. I doubt it stops anyone.

That's something to check on. :confused: There may be a new crime wave in Florida. The Stroller Bandits have struck again. I wonder how much a criminal could make in a year stealing peoples strollers and selling them on Ebay. And you know some idiot out there is willing to try.:goodvibes

We had 2 balloons tied to the stroller and they were gone when we came out of a ride. They were not tied together, they had lasted all day and they were tied pretty tight to the handles so they could not have just floated away...at $10 a pop they were not replaced ;)

Not a stoller, but a wheelchair. My nephew is 16 and has Muscular Dystrophy. He can walk and get around very well for short distances, but uses his power wheel chair to get around at Disney and anywhere else that requires a lot of walking. Over his last 2 or 3 trips to Disney he had been collecting character autographs on a Sorcerer Mickey hat. He had it with him at DHS on their last evening in the parks. The family was ready to ride RnR and stuffed the hat down the back of the chair -- between the power box and the chair itself. (It's easier to leave his chair outside the attraction since he can walk through the queue). They parked the chair so that it was facing outward and the hat was not visible. They were gone 10 minutes and when they got back, the hat was gone. They reported it to a CM who generously replaced the hat with an upgraded one (with lights!) and was able to help them get a few autographs that night before leaving the park. They had an early morning flight, so that was the only opportunity they had to get any autographs (not nearly as many as the original hat had). My nephew was so disappointed -- he worked hard over several trips to collect all the autographs on the original hat. The next morning when they woke up, they found out that Mickey had left a pair of his big white gloves at the front desk for him --complete with dozens of character autographs.

So, sadly, things do get stolen...even from a kid's wheelchair. :sad2:

That is sooooo wrong !!!! I'm glad that Disney tried to make up for it.

At Disneyland while in Lost in Found reporting my phone which fell out of my pocket was a very distressed women who had 2 cameras and her purse taken from her stroller. I realise she could have easily avoided the situation by taking the stuff with her, but I did feel very sorry for her.

We take our camera, wallets with us, everything else can stay, yes we would be annoyed if it was stolen but it can be replaced reasonably easy.

Kirsten

P5015448.jpg

A sneaky thief! :lmao:

Every time I've been to the parks, I'm blown away by how much STUFF I see left unattended in strollers. My last visit, the park was absolutely PACKED. There was a part of the sidewalk in the MK where nobody could get by because it was totally 100% filled in with strollers! Seriously, people, do you REALLY think anyone will notice if something is missing? The first time I saw tons of strollers left unattended, the first thing that came to my mind was "How can they not care that their stuff could easily be stolen?"

I mean, unless you're going to write your name and address on everything with a waterproof marker, how can you prove to security that the item someone else took was originally yours? And even worse, how can you prove that it was NOT intentionally taken since the list of stuff is very long. Every stroller had almost the same stuff: Disney-issue mister fan, disposable camera or silver digital camera that could be found at any electronics store, baby bag for milk, diapers, small backpack, sunglasses, baby bottles on the holder, a jacket, umbrella, etc. These are all very common items that 99% of the strollers will have. And let's not forget all those limited edition stuffed Disney animals that the baby/child cherishes so much (they're worth a pretty penny on Ebay if you can find the right buyer). Someone could just snatch one and put in their stroller and claim it was theirs all along. And also, with so many strollers packed together, it makes it very difficult to actually see a theft being committed. It could happen in front of you and you'd never be 100% sure.

I forgot to mention another thing: I'm AMAZED how people so carelessly leave their uber-expensive pin collections on the stroller handles. :scared1:Some of those pins could represent two years of hard searching and it could be gone in a second. And with so many people in the parks with one, how can you find it and point it out to security unless you have a very unique, colorful lanyard? Just another thought...

Best advice I read was to spill some Coca-Cola on a fresh diaper and leave it hanging in a plastic bag from your stroller. It looks pretty disgusting to any would be thief.

No, I've never had anything taken.

I made an iron-on decal and ironed it onto the hood of our stroller because I was afraid my actual stroller with eveything in it would get stolen! Never had anything stolen but we don't leave anything expensive in it either!

DISNEYSTROLLERTAG.png

We had 2 balloons tied to the stroller and they were gone when we came out of a ride. They were not tied together, they had lasted all day and they were tied pretty tight to the handles so they could not have just floated away...at $10 a pop they were not replaced ;)

And what's even sadder is the fact that you know an adult or some older person who knew better took it:mad:

I left my Cannon AE-1 SLR on the back of our stroller for about 45min. When we returned the stroller had been moved but the camera was there! I was shocked!!! :cool1:

Not from a stroller, but once we took my grandmother with us and she used a rental ECV. She would park it outside of the rides/shows/in park restaurants. On our third to last day, we stopped to eat lunch at Biergarten. She parked the ECV and we had left our water squirt fan in the basket. It was one of the Disney ones and when we got back to her cart, it was gone.

I left my iPhone 4 in my stroller for about 3 hours on Friday. We had parked it outside Pirates and it sat there while my son did pirates league, we rode the jungle cruise, and ate lunch. I thought it was in my bag the whole time, but when we returned to the stroller there it was in the cupholder, right in plain sight! Yikes!
We kept thinking our clip on fan would get stolen because SO many people were commenting on it, but nope, everything was always exactly how we left it when we returned.

On our last trip we did not have anything stolen; we had a package added!

Luckily the person with the similar red Chicco was still nearby so we could give the bag back to them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter