Anything ever been stolen from your stroller at Disney?

kla

Long-time lurker...
I'm planning to bring a small cooler or bag of snacks with us to the parks, but, since I don't really want to be too loaded down, just planned on stowing it in our stroller. Our boys are big enough now to walk most of the time, so I thought we could use the stroller as more of a pack mule and just park it with our stuff for extended periods of the day. Though I wouldn't leave anything very valuable in the stroller, it would be a total bummer if anything got stolen. We've always had very good luck in the past, and have even left backpacks and shopping bags in them for short times, but I just wonder if anyone has ever had anything stolen out of their strollers while at Disney World. Stories?

In all our trips, no. I don't leave valuables in it obviously. We only leave snacks and stuff like that. We carry money, cameras, phones etc. with us. And we don't leave shopping bags either, we have sent back to our resort usually.

We have never used a stroller but a few trips back I left the Living Seas and a lady was talking to a CM Manager and security in the stroller parking area. Twas obvious that something had been stolen. The manager was taking a report on an iPad like device.

Later,
Dan

I actually had our Graco Travel System stroller taken from Animal Kingdom when I took my son there. We were on the safari and when we went to get our stroller back it was gone. A manager came and let us us one of the rentals for the day but I never got my stroller back. My wife was pretty mad when I got home and told her. One of the few times I was disappointed in a Disney experience.

We have never had anything taken in all the years we have been there. We do usually mark our stoller in some way because you can have the same one as someone else and I would not like for someone to take ours by mistake.

Yes, unfortunately. When returning to stroller parking from Spaceship Earth, lo and behold, caught in the act, there was a little black bird making off with a partially-eaten already-open bag of chips that we left unattended. :lmao:

Birds and squirrels are famous for accessing bags of snacks on strollers while guests are on rides. I have seen some quite cute pictures. You should have a zippered bag to protect your snacks. They can open the snack packages. :)

No but we dont leave anything in our stroller that I wouldnt' mind if someone took. Like a half drank coke or bottle of water. I figure if someone takes a used drink then they were in bad enough shape that must have really needed it!

No for us too. We don't leave camera's or purses/back packs in the stroller but have left drinks, snacks, small cheap o toys (think happy meal toys) lots of times with no issues.

We've been going almost every year since 1994 and never had anything stolen in the theme parks.
My son did have a brand new cuddly Figment taken from his stroller whilst we were in the shop in AKL. I suspect it was taken by an opportunist kid but I would have thought the parents would have noticed when their child appeared with a toy that didn't belong to them. The toy however was never handed in.

We never had anything taken, but we never left anything we would have cared if it got taken. Just snacks, drinks, change of (old) clothes in case of emergency. So much easier to leave in the stroller than take on rides!! It was worth the "risk" for us.....

<knock on wood> We've never had anything taken from our stroller either, at any theme parks we've gone to (so that would be Disney and SeaWorld, lol). I don't leave anything valuable in the stroller, though. We do leave the diaper bag in the stroller, but it only has diapers, wipes, baby snacks, cheapo toys, maybe a couple of batteries for the camera...things that can be replaced if they were taken. I have left our fan/spray bottle in the stroller too, but I tend to put that in the basket and cover it up with stuff so it isn't readily visible. One time I did accidentally leave my very small video camera in the baby bag in the stroller and once I realized it, I freaked until I was able to get back out to the stroller to get it! Luckily, it was still there.

I was a little apprehensive prior to our first trip last week after reading all the stolen stroller stories, but have to say that we didn't have any trouble. I hung my Kentucky Wildcats golf towel on the handle and it really helped with picking ours out of the sea of hundreds. As others mentioned, we only left water and our backpack filled with extra clothes & sunscreen in the stroller and occasionally a bag with DD's latest toy. Never had a problem. As a matter of fact, only once was our stroller even moved by a CM.

We have never had any issues, but I always put a big poison skull and crossbones on the stoller. It does not look friendly and looks way to serious to have anything to do with POTC. We get quite a few weird looks and people try to look into the stroller with concerned look on their face. They look as though they are going to see an alien in the stroller.

Like I told my wife, "If you are a thief are you going to steal something from a stroller with a skull and crossbones or one with rainbows and unicorns?"

I once read somewhere on this forum that a guest once hung a "poopy diaper" in a clear bag and hung it from the bar of the stroller handles to deter any would-be theives. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Like I told my wife, "If you are a thief are you going to steal something from a stroller with a skull and crossbones or one with rainbows and unicorns?"

Oh, I'm going for the skull-and-crossbones. Much more my style. :lmao:

I would LOVE to see a picture of your stroller.

Thankfully, no. We've never had anything stolen from our stroller before. Well, unless you count the bird who took some soft pretzel we foolishly left on the tray!

We've never had anything taken from our stroller. We never leave anything of importance in it either (diaper bag, cooler, extra change of clothes ect). If we buy anything we have it sent back to the hotel or have them hold onto it and we pick it up at the end of the day (we've never had any problems with these either).

Just the stroller and it was a cheap, beat up umbrella stroller. Came out of Living Seas to find only one stroller (the brand new one). Followed up, but never saw it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter