AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

I am sure this has probably been asked and answered but if someone can humor me, I’d appreciate it! If we aren’t upgrading to AP until we get there, there is no way to book and AP rate online, correct? We have to call to book? Thanks for any help!

I am sure this has probably been asked and answered but if someone can humor me, I’d appreciate it! If we aren’t upgrading to AP until we get there, there is no way to book and AP rate online, correct? We have to call to book? Thanks for any help!
Correct.

This may be an odd question...... but I'm a little confused about what a CM said on the phone when I was modifying my reservation....
I am booked end of September. I did not think AP rates were out.... currently have Sun and Fun discount (only covers 5 of our 7 nights).
I called to change one day. But in the process I asked if there were any AP rates. She stated a "regular AP discount may be available" but the "other" AP rates were only available through June. She then said she checked and there weren't any available, but to keep checking something may pop up.
I told her I was a little confused what was the difference between what's available till June and what she said was the "regular AP discount"? She said that they allow for a certain amount of rooms to be discounted, then of that amount some would be AP and some Sun and Fun (or whatever discount there was at the time). This confused me a bit. Was she just confused? Did she just mean that an AP holder could book the Sun and Fun? Or is there really another discount? What she said seemed odd!

This may be an odd question...... but I'm a little confused about what a CM said on the phone when I was modifying my reservation....
I am booked end of September. I did not think AP rates were out.... currently have Sun and Fun discount (only covers 5 of our 7 nights).
I called to change one day. But in the process I asked if there were any AP rates. She stated a "regular AP discount may be available" but the "other" AP rates were only available through June. She then said she checked and there weren't any available, but to keep checking something may pop up.
I told her I was a little confused what was the difference between what's available till June and what she said was the "regular AP discount"? She said that they allow for a certain amount of rooms to be discounted, then of that amount some would be AP and some Sun and Fun (or whatever discount there was at the time). This confused me a bit. Was she just confused? Did she just mean that an AP holder could book the Sun and Fun? Or is there really another discount? What she said seemed odd!
I think the CM’s confusion comes because there is a Sun and Fun (general public) discount. The April and May dates can be booked by May 27. The June through September dates had to be booked by March 24. That part of the discount has expired, but the April and May discount has not yet expired. I think this is the “other” discount.

There is also a Sun and Fun AP discount. This one is good through June and can still be booked. This must be the “regular” AP discount.

Maybe if all these discounts wouldn’t be called Sun and Fun, with different valid dates and expiration dates, it would not be so darn confusing to everyone.

I’ll be watching. The discount I used for our end of Illuminations trip expires on our 2nd day so I’d love to get a break on that last day I’m paying rack rate for or replace the entire thing with an AP rate.

Ugh I am so torn about the new discounts. I thought I had a good June plan because nothing was out for July yet. Now I may need to change it! I also need late October and early December discounts. I know the AP rates probably won't help those trips yet, but general public may cover my October dates. Looks like it will be a busy AM with an unstable WDW website.

Ugh I am so torn about the new discounts. I thought I had a good June plan because nothing was out for July yet. Now I may need to change it! I also need late October and early December discounts. I know the AP rates probably won't help those trips yet, but general public may cover my October dates. Looks like it will be a busy AM with an unstable WDW website.

I’m betting the AP rate won’t cover my late September trip either. The current one covers just about 2 months so if they follow that, discounts would be for July and August- but who knows.

I’m betting the AP rate won’t cover my late September trip either. The current one covers just about 2 months so if they follow that, discounts would be for July and August- but who knows.
And Galaxy's Edge may take all historical discount timelines and what we expect and throw it out the window. Only time will tell! :hourglass

Last edited:
Is there a time of day that's best to check for newly dropped discounts? In other words, is there any consistency to what time they're released?

I’m torn too. I’ve got an August trip that I got decent rates on. It’s split stay pop and contemporary. I may have splurged a bit. If passholder rates are good enough do I trade up from pop? A friend has an overlapping stay at pop so it’ll be nice to be at the same place the days we are together. But I do love a smaller quieter resort.... Also have a long weekend in September booked for Star Wars at pop (though I’m still wishy washy about whether or not I should take this trip). I might be inclined to upgrade for the right price.

Is there a time of day that's best to check for newly dropped discounts? In other words, is there any consistency to what time they're released?
Hmm now that I think about it, I am not sure of the exact time. Hoping by 7am. lol I stay up pretty late so I will check before I even go to bed.

I’m torn too. I’ve got an August trip that I got decent rates on. It’s split stay pop and contemporary. I may have splurged a bit. If passholder rates are good enough do I trade up from pop? A friend has an overlapping stay at pop so it’ll be nice to be at the same place the days we are together. But I do love a smaller quieter resort.... Also have a long weekend in September booked for Star Wars at pop (though I’m still wishy washy about whether or not I should take this trip). I might be inclined to upgrade for the right price.
Its the best and the worst predicament to be in! Hopefully rates are good and you can find something that works. Being with your friend may be nice, but maybe your friend could even visit you at another resort? HAHA And Pop for SWGE may be great with the Skyliner... unless you choose to switch to an Epcot resort area

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter