AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

I must confess I am mildly surprised that Sept-Oct annual pass holder rates didn't come out yet? Mildly.
With the chaos of 2020 packages and AP price increases they managed to slip out with no rumors I don’t think adding AP discounted rooms is a level of confusion they needed to deal with today. Package release was apparently messy enough this morning and not online when it was supposed to be. My fav tale was the person in another thread here who priced out a 1 bedroom AKL package and got a $34,000 quote. Yeah, no. Let that dust settle...

One of the nights I booked is rack rate. I can see the pass holder rate online when I click "Change" the reservation. I've paid off my room. Can I still apply the AP rate? Will it force me to pay all over again or will I receive a refund for the difference? When I tried calling earlier today the CM I spoke with wasn't helpful.

Update: was not able to make the change online. I was able to save just under $200 when I called however. The difference will be refunded to the card I have on file.

I have never booked an AP rate before but decided to book the summer room rate for SWGE opening weekend which is the very end of both rate options. The price difference between AP and Summer is only $22 but if Disney gives us the gift card it will significantly make up for the difference.

Is there a reason why I should book AP over the summer offer?
Will I still get the nightly gift card that is included with the summer rate even though check in is beyond the dates listed under the offer details?

I have never booked an AP rate before but decided to book the summer room rate for SWGE opening weekend which is the very end of both rate options. The price difference between AP and Summer is only $22 but if Disney gives us the gift card it will significantly make up for the difference.

Is there a reason why I should book AP over the summer offer?
Will I still get the nightly gift card that is included with the summer rate even though check in is beyond the dates listed under the offer details?
I don’t see why Disney would give you the summer deal’s gift card when you aren’t booking the gift card deal’s dates. Close doesn’t count here.

I got a feelin’ tomorrow’s the day for a new round of discounts for Sept/Oct. Disney seems to love the Tuesday release. Interested to see if 8/29 is included or not.

Last edited:

I got a feelin’ tomorrow’s the day for a new round of discounts for Sept/Oct. Disney seems to love the Tuesday release. Interested to see if 8/29 is included or not.
I wonder if we’ll see any discounts come out this week. On the one hand, the discount through June 30th is about to expire, so the timing is totally right based on that. On the other hand, why send an email to Passholders today about discounts through Aug 28, if they are planning on releasing a discount past Aug 28 in the next few days? Wouldn’t it make more sense to hold off in sending the email and include the new dates in it as well?

I wonder if we’ll see any discounts come out this week. On the one hand, the discount through June 30th is about to expire, so the timing is totally right based on that. On the other hand, why send an email to Passholders today about discounts through Aug 28, if they are planning on releasing a discount past Aug 28 in the next few days? Wouldn’t it make more sense to hold off in sending the email and include the new dates in it as well?
Agree about the expiring 6/30 discounts - I've noticed a "pattern" that disney likes to add new discounts on the Tuesday before the old ones expire

I have so little confidence in disney passholder emails (I never get them - miraculously we do however get the quarter newsletter) that I don't think it means anything.

If and/or when discounts are released...does anyone know what time they are availible online? I know the phone lines dont open until like 6am cst. Trying to decide what time to get up tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

Agree about the expiring 6/30 discounts - I've noticed a "pattern" that disney likes to add new discounts on the Tuesday before the old ones expire

I have so little confidence in disney passholder emails (I never get them - miraculously we do however get the quarter newsletter) that I don't think it means anything.
Ha! Maybe they meant to send that email last month and the intern forgot to push it out. :rotfl2:

Nothing today. They did add a new "offer" this morning - a package for first timers that is valid only when checking in Sunday through Wednesday and includes a....stroller rental! Talking about us not being the target audience for that!

Nothing today. They did add a new "offer" this morning - a package for first timers that is valid only when checking in Sunday through Wednesday and includes a....stroller rental! Talking about us not being the target audience for that!
It’s the limited time dance party version of a new offer...so lame

I don’t even see this listed under special offers. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I got up a few minutes earlier before work so I could browse. I too got excited by the other offer before I realized what it was. Oh well. The search continues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter