AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

We would like to stay a couple of nights there, but I just don't see how we could afford even with discount rates. We are spending 3 nights at PO-FQ during the same time period and got an AP deal (usually doesn't happen at FQ) and the cost at the GF is more than 3 times that. It is nice, but not that nice.

I think it is because of the lack of bookings due to the lower than expected turn-out at SWGE.
This has been happening over the entire last year. When they released free dining in January I knew this year would be different and it has been. I think the initial odd discounts out of the norm were to get people to come at a different time to spread crowds out in anticipation of SWGE, and now that has almost backfired and they are having to do a tad bit of damage control (although, with the availability and rates of these discounts they're doing a poor job of it).

Is anyone able to check Caribbean Beach Resort and Port Orleans riverside from march 29 to April 5th?

I can’t see the AP discount at the moment because my old AP expired and I plan to upgrade my ticket when I get there.

Thanks in advance :)

Is anyone able to check Caribbean Beach Resort and Port Orleans riverside from march 29 to April 5th?

I can’t see the AP discount at the moment because my old AP expired and I plan to upgrade my ticket when I get there.

Thanks in advance :)
CBR - Preferred, 241/Pirate standard 241/Pirate Water 250
POR - Standard 230/Garden 235/Pool 240/Garden 5th sleeper 247/River and Preferred - 267

Could anyone possibly check AP Jan 1-4 GF Sugar loaf- CL? Same boat as others will be purchasing but AP not active yet to watch rates. Thanks!!

Could anyone possibly check AP Jan 1-4 GF Sugar loaf- CL? Same boat as others will be purchasing but AP not active yet to watch rates. Thanks!!
The only thing I'm seeing is a non-club level outer building garden view for $547/night on those dates.

Please forgive me, as I'm sure this has been asked before. I've gone back 4-5 pages, but don't have the time to read all 63.
We're returning to Disney next April. Seeing the AP rates of 35% Deluxes, the rate for BWI CL would be $688 cheaper than the regular offer they currently have (for 8 nights). The price for an annual pass would be $597 more than the 7-day park hopper I was planning on buying. Is there any reason I can't buy an annual pass (just for me), book the room at 35% off, and then buy 7-day park hoppers for my wife and kids?

Please forgive me, as I'm sure this has been asked before. I've gone back 4-5 pages, but don't have the time to read all 63.
We're returning to Disney next April. Seeing the AP rates of 35% Deluxes, the rate for BWI CL would be $688 cheaper than the regular offer they currently have (for 8 nights). The price for an annual pass would be $597 more than the 7-day park hopper I was planning on buying. Is there any reason I can't buy an annual pass (just for me), book the room at 35% off, and then buy 7-day park hoppers for my wife and kids?
You can do that. Only the person as lead on the reservation needs an AP.

Mousesavers has a list of historical release dates for discounts. AP rates vary on release, but for October the rates are usually released in late June/early July. They have been released as late as August. I would start looking around the end of June. I was able to book an AP rate at PO-FQ yesterday for February and those usually are released in November. Keep checking.
Thank you. I saw that on M.S. unfortunately I can't see the AP discounts and in order for me to "keep checking" I'd have to call Disney everyday in late June/early July :scared:
I just handed our dates and info to our new TA and told her to keep an eye out. She told me to notify her if I "see" anything as well even though I told her I could not see the AP discounts and if I see a public room only discount I'll book if myself. So I guess it's a race to see who get's it first.

This is how my family does it, I am the only one with an AP (as of right now, my husband will have one this next year since he will be going enough to justify it). Whenever I have someone with me we just book an AP rate room and buy their tickets separately. You'll also get the dining and merchandise discounts too so that's also helpful since only one of you needs it to get the discount.

Thank you! Hmm, the rate is identical to the public offer. It is absurdly expensive! It's the one place we haven't stayed with our kids and I was thinking of adding on a few days at the end of our trip to surprise them. I'm only considering it because we are staying for my kids winter break at SSR through a timeshare exchange I did with RCI, which didn't really cost me anything.
That's weird because the speculation from travel agents is that the GF is having trouble filling occupancy.

I thought the same and discounts are not validating that!
Agree that the lastest round of discounts are surprising (and lame). Jan-Mar has many “slow” weeks that generally have excellent deals. Nothing discounted at Yacht, Beach, or Contemporary for late January despite all room categories open...yikes. Perhaps WDW is trying to wean us off discounts for the 50th and/or too many folks/agents converting rack rooms once the discounts post.

Last edited:
I'm still a bit miffed with Disney that they don't mention that the weekends are not discounted for moderates and values for most of the dates in the offer. I know people don't realize it because they just price the entire trip, but if you look at the "offer details" you can clearly see that Fri and Sat are rack rate.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 9.45.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 9.45.19 PM.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 23
Yes! And DSS called me yesterday to let me know I could call them if I needed anything and it scared me to death lol. I saw that Lake Buena Vista number and my heart sunk, I just knew they were calling to retract my reservation, but no!!! Of course I had nothing to ask of DSS yet, part of me still doesn’t want to get too excited.
I didn't get a phone call but I did get a second email (this time from DSS), confirmation number and all over the weekend.

I didn't get a phone call but I did get a second email (this time from DSS), confirmation number and all over the weekend.
I've never gotten an email before, maybe these are signs we don't have to worry about the reservations (I'm still keeping my fingers crossed and trying not to be too excited for another week or so just in case)

Survive and advance!

I also got the insane rate at BWI Garden Suite Club Level, it was close to 70% off. I called to try to add two nights and the CM told me my 11 night stay currently at $5,994 would jump to $12,891 !! I told her not to add the nights, that I would keep the original reservation. A bit later I received a confirmation email stating the new $12,891 price tag so the CM screwed up my reservation by changing it without my okay. I called and talked to them was sent to a guest service coordinator who asked me to send my original email confirmation and that they were looking into a system error, but that I would hear back by Friday and not to worry. So I am hoping they will honor it but until I hear back I am definately worried. I hope it works out for all of us, it was their error.

I also got the insane rate at BWI Garden Suite Club Level, it was close to 70% off. I called to try to add two nights and the CM told me my 11 night stay currently at $5,994 would jump to $12,891 !! I told her not to add the nights, that I would keep the original reservation. A bit later I received a confirmation email stating the new $12,891 price tag so the CM screwed up my reservation by changing it without my okay. I called and talked to them was sent to a guest service coordinator who asked me to send my original email confirmation and that they were looking into a system error, but that I would hear back by Friday and not to worry. So I am hoping they will honor it but until I hear back I am definately worried. I hope it works out for all of us, it was their error.
Wow! Please let us know. I am fortunate enough to be in the crazy 70% off club too...wondering if all is well or if, as they say, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter