• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

It seems like with the offer just coming out, its hit or miss with if the cast members know about it. My mom called and the CM gave her a hard time about their not being an offer but then I called and my CM knew about it and gave me pricing for a couple of the hotels on the list.

A seasoned Disney travel CM just confirmed that for me this morning when I was tweaking my October reservations...which is why I should probably have one of my Eastern time zone friends call to wake me up if they get released :rotfl:! Maybe I should’ve used:sad: because I’m afraid of the “if” right now! Surely Disney didn’t just raise AP rates $250 and eliminate our room discounts too??!!
Sitting here in CA deciding if I set that 4am alarm mañana...

Wasn't sure where to post this! My husband and I are running and staying November 1-4. We don't want to activate our AP's until November 3rd. Would we still be able to get the AP discount (if it gets released!) for the stay if I show our voucher/confirmation number at check-in or will they put the stay back at rack rate?

For what is worth. Someone asked on the Passholder Facebook page when are the Fall discounts coming out and they were told they are coming "soon":
"Be sure to keep an eye out...! You'll see them soon enough!"

If they do release tomorrow what are the odds they will also only go through the end of September...? We're arriving Oct 6th, and I'm PST so I'd rather not get up at 4am if I can help it! :rolleyes1

If they do release tomorrow what are the odds they will also only go through the end of September...? We're arriving Oct 6th, and I'm PST so I'd rather not get up at 4am if I can help it! :rolleyes1
It's very possible the AP discount will only include through September. Previous year's October through December discounts did not come out until August. And with how slow it has been for August and September, they're going to want to try to fill those rooms before tackling the Fall. Plus, the Fall looks more booked up than the summer / early Fall, so Disney may just wait it out.

They had a good opportunity today to put out a Discount past September with the Visa offer, and chose not to...

But, then again, what about the "Fall" room offer banner for Florida residents that some FL DISers were seeing this weekend? Seems like there is the possibility for some offers to come out soon that will cover at least part of the Fall...

Last edited:
Wasn't sure where to post this! My husband and I are running and staying November 1-4. We don't want to activate our AP's until November 3rd. Would we still be able to get the AP discount (if it gets released!) for the stay if I show our voucher/confirmation number at check-in or will they put the stay back at rack rate?
Here is the Annual Pass FAQ from allears.net (a credible source):

Do I have to actually have an Annual Pass before I can call to get any special AP resort rates?

No you don’t. You can call and book the rates without having the Annual Pass in hand. However, if you want to use Disney’s Passholder web site to book at the AP rate online, you will need either an active AP or a voucher to do it. The policy about having it at the time of resort check in is clear as mud. Some people have been allowed to obtain the rate at check in with only their Annual Pass voucher. Others have been told to return to the resort front desk to show the desk CM after activating the pass. Still others have not been asked for any Annual Pass at all. The official Disney policy states an activated adult Annual Pass pass is needed at check in. You may want to avoid any potential embarrassment at check in by having an activated pass at that time.

Source:
http://allears.net/walt-disney-world/wdw-planning/tickets-annual-passes/
I know that nowadays, the CMs can see if you have an activated AP in your account, which is what makes you a Passholder. Everything is completely digital with MDE. So, there is less of a need to go "show" the AP, they already know whether you have this or not and whether it is activated or not. Whether getting the AP activated midway through the trip is a big deal or not, that we are not clear on. I know that if you arrive late on your arrival day and cannot activate it, it's OK to show it the next day. Not sure what happens if the next day passes. I guess if they ask you for your AP, then you will have to go to Guest Relations to get it activated.

Last edited:
Here is the Annual Pass FAQ from allears.net (a credible source):

Do I have to actually have an Annual Pass before I can call to get any special AP resort rates?

No you don’t. You can call and book the rates without having the Annual Pass in hand. However, if you want to use Disney’s Passholder web site to book at the AP rate online, you will need either an active AP or a voucher to do it. The policy about having it at the time of resort check in is clear as mud. Some people have been allowed to obtain the rate at check in with only their Annual Pass voucher. Others have been told to return to the resort front desk to show the desk CM after activating the pass. Still others have not been asked for any Annual Pass at all. The official Disney policy states an activated adult Annual Pass pass is needed at check in. You may want to avoid any potential embarrassment at check in by having an activated pass at that time.

Source:
http://allears.net/walt-disney-world/wdw-planning/tickets-annual-passes/
I know that nowadays, the CMs can see if you have an activated AP in your account, which is what makes you a Passholder. Everything is completely digital with MDE. So, there is less of a need to go "show" the AP, they already know whether you have this or not and whether it is activated or not. Whether getting the AP activated midway through the trip is a big deal or not, that we are not clear on. I know that if you arrive late on your arrival day and cannot activate it, it's OK to show it the next day. Not sure what happens if the next day passes. I guess if they ask you for your AP, then you will have to go to Guest Relations to get it activated.

I had read this source too, but figured I might ask people with experience! We have exchange vouchers from our Wedding seven years, but haven't linked them yet, so I wasn't sure if showing the actual card voucher would work at check-in or if they'd make us go that day and exchange them.

In France and leisurely perusing the new rates. Disappointed that there is nothing for 8/29 and 8/30 as there is still a lot of availability at rack rate. Perhaps a crowd control play? Or maybe WDW not willing to admit defeat.

Checked a few weeks in early November and the AP discount didn’t have very good availability at all. A bust.

Last edited:
I will be there second week of Sept on a split stay and was able to get the AP rate for both. WL and POFQ, But no where near as good as the summer discounts. Looks like Weekends in October are also excluded

Last edited:
I already have a reservation that i can’t modify online. Would it be easier to just get a new reservation now, and then call Disney at a more convenient time and have them move all my ADRs and fastpasses?

Just booked Yacht Club from 10/27-11/2. Now looking for a moderate from 11/6-11/15 or perhaps I make this second slot a split stay

I don't see any special offers for annual passholders in my current discounts available although it says that I should see AP discounts at the top. Should it say Annual Passholder discount or is it blended in with fall room discount

I don't see any special offers for annual passholders in my current discounts available although it says that I should see AP discounts at the top. Should it say Annual Passholder discount or is it blended in with fall room discount
I've only seen it after login and following the link on the AP discounts and benefits-site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter