• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Is anyone out there still waiting on their partial refund for the park closure period? We have two Platinum APs that were upgraded from regular park hoppers last September. The original expiration date was 9/9 (it is now 10/9 with that extra month added). I called near the end of May to request the partial refund option, but have not received any money yet. The original credit card is still active, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Based on the stories I'm seeing here I'm starting to think I should call before my passes disappear from MDE just to make sure something wasn't screwed up somewhere.

Received one refund on credit card for cancelled out of state platinum AP yesterday. Original expiration was 5/28/20. Refund was $186.79.
Does anyone know if gift card purchases are refunded to gift card, or refunded by check? The second cancelled AP was purchased with a gift card and I'm going crazy trying to find it.

ETA- I just found it! Although, I'm still curious, if anyone knows the answer.
I do not know for certain, but Disney has indicated the refund will go back the way it was paid. So I would assume it will go to your gift card. I have previous experience with Disney GC purchases being refunded back to the actual GC. Your best bet is to register the card on disneygiftcard.com and then monitoring the balance online there. As you probably know, each card will hold up to $1,000.

I do not know for certain, but Disney has indicated the refund will go back the way it was paid. So I would assume it will go to your gift card. I have previous experience with Disney GC purchases being refunded back to the actual GC. Your best bet is to register the card on disneygiftcard.com and then monitoring the balance online there. As you probably know, each card will hold up to $1,000.

I called about this before cancelling and the CM said anything paid with a GC will be refunded via check!

I've been checking all day and still no refunds. I had upgraded my park hopper ticket to an annual pass with Chase Disney Visa ,so I would assume they would refund back to that since I upgraded using that card... I cancelled at the end of July, so maybe sometime next week it should show up. Fingers crossed.

Just received credit card refund for my husband's and son's APs which were upgraded from park hoppers at the park. Surprisingly have not yet received the refund for my straightforward AP renewal.

My refund for 5 DVC Gold Passes was just refunded to my original form of payment. Activated Nov 8, 2019. Paid US$749 (incl tax) for each pass. Received a refund of approx US$490 per pass (refund was in C$, so that’s an approximation).

** Feeling a bit sheepish now about the scathing email I wrote to them on Tuesday. 🤦🏼‍♀️

one of mine was bought from Sams and the other on a card that is long closed. I hope they can tell the card is closed.

Out of state Platimum passes. Orig expiration date was to be Jan 24, 2021. two tickets, both now listed as pending credit card refunds at $1026.14 each. to original fop. I had figured we should get back $1026.90.... close enough!!

I really don’t think anyone is driving the bus.
I have been asking about my refund for weeks and I get the same fluff answer. Today I get an email. “You should have gotten ur refund way by now. We have Risen this to another team and they will be issuing a new check to you”. Say what? Suddenly I should have gotten it a while ago? They just figured this out. I really think no one knows what the other is doing. I still find it completely unacceptable that they can pull my name up. See if it was mailed or whatever. How much it was. Dates. Amounts. Everyrhing. Every other business in the world can do this.

I mean I love Disney and I give them a break all the time but want my money and I want it now. I have to pay them upfront for various services. I am so fired up by all this. I really just want this done with.

Yeah, this is absolute BS and the SAME thing I was told at the end of August in regard to them being processed by end of September. These tactics are grotesque from Disney.

Im begging someone to start a class-action lawsuit. This entire board would job on the train - I just dont even know where to start.
ya isn't that new message awesome. first they say by end of sept now it's extended. I call these scumbag tactics. I'm on hold to see what that email response even meant. I want to know if a check was issued. they have to know. I mean come on. there has to be a check number and amount. there has to be a physical person who is at the end of all this crazy trail that leads nowhere.

I purchased a DVC annual pass on March 6th of this year. I used 4 days... March 6-10th. I had a trip booked for late Oct but cancelled in early May. I called in May and requested a refund, not an extension. I was told I would have a prorated refund in a few weeks. In late July I still didn’t have a refund so I called again and was told they sent an email that you had to respond to verifying if you wanted an extension or a refund... I never received the email so I asked if I could just do it over the phone.... the cast member agreed and put the request in. I was told late Sept I would have a refund. I called last week to make sure there wasn’t an issue with my information and was told that everything was fine and that it should be going through soon. This AM the refund went to my bank account.... it looks like I was refunded the full AP amount instead of the prorated amount. The total was $748 (DVC gold AP. )

I understand peoples money is being tied up and that's awful and I'm upset too, but personally think calls for a class action are a bit over the top.
Calls for a class action suit aren’t really over the top at this point.

Disney effectively took back what was paid for.
Disney stated that refunds would be received in late September.
Many people haven’t even received a refund for the partial closure.
It is now October, and Disney is now telling people they have JUST BEGUN processing refunds. After telling people for months they would receive their refund in late September.
Disney is also now telling people they may not see their refund until December - for their original form of payment. After telling people for months that they would receive their refund in late September.

I can’t really think of another company that would get away with taking back a product and telling the consumer they will be refunded within 4 to 5 months - possibly longer - oh, and we’re not going to tell you what your refund will be.

Disney has been egregious in the handling of this.After telling people for months that they would receive their refund in late September, yet allowing that time to pass with still no refund, no update, no information as to when they will actually receive their refund, and a blatant disregard for the consumer.

I’ve been on with Disney for almost two hours.
I’m told that they just started processing refunds, and I may receive a refund by the end of October.
When I asked to speak to a manager, I’m told there is no one I can talk to, “it is what it is”.
You can’t make this stuff up.
The CM stated they have been instructed to NOT escalate any calls and that no one will speak to people regarding this.
That Disney began processing the refunds later than expected and “it is what it is”.
I have asked for 20 mins now to speak to a manager.
The CM continues to tell me there is no one for them to transfer to...that I can send an email to Disney relations.

My refund for 5 DVC Gold Passes was just refunded to my original form of payment. Activated Nov 8, 2019. Paid US$749 (incl tax) for each pass. Received a refund of approx US$490 per pass (refund was in C$, so that’s an approximation).

** Feeling a bit sheepish now about the scathing email I wrote to them on Tuesday. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Oh gosh, don't be at all. Just because they finally completed the transaction doesn't absolve them of the ridiculous inaction prior to that.

Don’t. They’ve been a disaster. No matter what they do today they have handled all of this incredibly wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter