• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

has anyone who called to purchase a pass gotten a call back yet? Not surprisingly the timeframe they provide has lapsed without a call back.

Called Monday (before they announced you could repurchase the pass) to ask about purchasing again and was told I'd get a call back. Got a ball back Tuesday afternoon that I missed. Got another call back yesterday evening.

Hmm, still not sure what’s going on with DSis OOS platinum

Started as a 3 day PH ticket, upgraded on the last day, (I paid for everything) originally was set to expire May 24, then with the closure,got that extended to October with the 1 month extension.

she’d called and chatted with the CM’s to cancel and had used the link to cancel as well, since I’d bought her a DVC gold pass to try to get her on the same cycle as the rest of us, and I got a refund back in July for 300 some dollars from Epcot Guest Servixe.

We had gone to Disney Aug 7-14, and she activated her Gold pass with the rest of us, under the assumption that it would just activate on the 12th...

it didn’t, and now both passes are hanging out In MDE, one due to expire this month, and the other still has a 12/30/2030 expiry date...

do I have her contact them, or should we just wait and see what happens, since I’m assuming I already got the refund?

My refunds appeared online this morning on my Disney VISA, both dated 09/29. I originally called on July 16th to cancel two DVC Gold AP's while keeping the remaining Platinum AP's and tickets intact. The Gold AP's remained in MDE until September 10th.

Still didn't get my refund. I'm sure it is coming. I am confident it will be correct. If not, I will call and discuss.

I don't think anyone is lying. I think they are scrambling and overworked. Their response has not been optimal but I think they are trying. It's a huge project.

I got my refund yesterday (October 1st). 2 platinum APs purchased from Disney and activated at the very end of January this year, paid $1,119.74 each and received $1,029.38 each back. If I don’t count the hours of dealing with customer service and the money I would’ve made from investments during this time, it was a good deal for the couple of days we went, Lol :)

Also I never got the cancellation email and had to call to cancel. After I cancelled I didn’t get the confirmation email they’d said I’d get, so I did an online chat with a CM and took screen shots.

Good luck everyone!

I got a refund this AM posted to my CC for 334.47 x2 for 2 out of state platinum passes. They were originally set to expire 6/27/2020. Originally we had planned on going in October 2020 so we did not request the partial refund and took the extension. The more we thought about it we decided to cancel October trip and when the option came for a full cancellation we took it.
I by no means am trying to be greedy, but I’m wondering if the amount of the refund I got today was for the closure period not the full cancellation? Was there any official word if you could get both the partial refund and the full cancellation refund? Has anyone gotten two separate transactions/ amounts back?
I’m just wondering so I can plan ahead. We are planning a trip for next year and obviously we will have to buy tickets. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Is it confirmed that gift card payments are being refunded back to the gift card? We had undercover tourist hoppers that we upgraded to DVC gold passes and paid a portion with a GC, the rest with a CC. No idea what to watch out for in terms of a refund.

Is it confirmed that gift card payments are being refunded back to the gift card? We had undercover tourist hoppers that we upgraded to DVC gold passes and paid a portion with a GC, the rest with a CC. No idea what to watch out for in terms of a refund.
I paid for my and my husbands pass partially with gift card then with a credit card. Our refund posted this am on our credit card.

I bought our passes with a GC and received two checks in the mail.

I just received my refund! I wasn't expecting it to come to my credit card because I had to replace my card and get a new number since buying the pass, but since it's the same account, I guess it was still able to go through! Very glad to be done trying to track this finally. Good luck to everyone else!

I received my refund to my credit card for AP Platinum pass purchased June 12, 2019. I requested the refund on August 9th via the e-mail link. I am happy to receive the refund of $230 to my credit card, but sad as well that I was not able to use the pass for my May vacation and re-scheduled September vacation due to health issues and safety of family members. And, so sad for all the cast members losing their positions due to the situation. I am an out-of-state pass holder and just do not think that I would have used the pass prior to the new expiration or even renewing with the discount in October and not being able to visit until the late spring or late summer in 2021. I also have credited tickets on my MDE account from the May trip, so hopefully I will be able to upgrade to an AP in the near future.

Hope everyone gets their refunds soon and has many more magical trips in the future.

Did anyone upgrade by charging it to the hotel room via magic band? When I called to cancel they said it would go back to the credit card but if we get a check we are basically out of luck b/c you cant cash a check in Sweden. And being in Sweden we never got an email I had to call. Passes are gone in the web browser but exist in the app...

My AP refund for my Platinum Pass came in for $243.87. Activated in June 2019 paid 952.11 after sales tax, used 5 days in June and another 4 days in Nov 2019. May 2020 trip was wrecked and I cancelled the pass because I thought it was too risky and not worth it to come in September at the time of the cancel date.

I NEED HELP, No one at WDW can tell me how much I will get back when I sell back my A/P back to them. Its like asking a car salesman how much is that car but he can't tell me till after I buy it?????
Our out of state passes will expire on 4/26/2021 that gives me 289 unused days from 7/11/2020 and we paid $1,191.74 each so that amount divided by 365 days gives me a daily cost of $3.26 so does ANYONE know if it works like that 3.26 X 289 = $942.14
Just got off the phone with WDW asking for the amount that I paid and asked the castmember if she could tell me that my math was correct and she said something about the amount of time that pass had been used so far may be a factor . What gives??? Am I the only one that thinks its insane to not know the amount of the refund before making a choice

The above post made by me on 7/26 We got our refunds today in the amount of 844.29 not sure of the math but I believe pass usage is a factor we went into a WDW park at least 40 days between 12/1/2019 and park shut down, as we are snowbirds from PA. Love to know the actual math formula that is being used.

For those who received refunds, are your passes still showing in MDE or are they gone? I asked for the closing period refund but did not cancel my pass. We got the partial refund, & our passes still show in MDE with the extension. I am still worried they will cancel the whole thing.
Mine are gone, and I just got my refund

Still didn't get my refund. I'm sure it is coming. I am confident it will be correct. If not, I will call and discuss.

I don't think anyone is lying. I think they are scrambling and overworked. Their response has not been optimal but I think they are trying. It's a huge project.

I agree, I think it’s mainly a communication mess. Seems like the refunds are largely fair and didn’t penalize anyone for prior use etc, the trouble came with the absence of early and clear communication so we didn’t have to wonder what would happen/when/how much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter