AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

So are they upgrading from tickets now? Where online?

Not online, only in person @ GS, same procedure as pre covid days to upgrade to an AP

of course, YMMV, never hurts to ask

told we were ineligible to buy new APs/vouchers, as we both have passes in hand

we didn’t cancel ours entirely, but I did take a partial credit for my DHs (which I haven’t received yet)

you’d currently have to be in what they termed ‘recovery’...two examples I was given:

1. you cancelled your previous AP during covid ‘by mistake’

2. Have a child who turned 3 y.o.

HOW I CALCULATED IT:

When I called to cancel, they told me to use this formula to figure out what my refund would be. They did not do the math for me.

Remember that I paid in full with no block out dates.

You need to know:
Amount you paid for your AP
Extended expiration date of your AP
That Disney World parks reopened on 07/11/2020

I took the price that I paid for the AP and divided by 366 days for the year (it was a Leap Year) to come up with the price I paid per day.

I looked in MDE to see the extended expiration date of my AP, and wrote it down. This was before they added an extra month extension to that; you can't use the extra extended expiration date.

I counted up the days from the reopening date of 07/11/2020 through the extended expiration date of my AP.

I multiplied (price I paid per day) x (number of days) = refund amount.

The amount of credit I received was $3 more than what I had calculated.

This is my math doing that...
Price paid=$2555/365=$6.84/day
Extended date 07/31/20
Days up from re-opening is 20 or 345 left to use on my tickets
$6.84x345=$2359

My refund was $1231. Am I missing something? Or are they only covering what I paid for the upgrade? It infuriates me that they can't answer these simple questions.

At parks now. FYI if u cancelled in error can repurchase new APs as of today. In park & online
Not seeing this online yet. Offered thru Disney?
This is my math doing that...
Price paid=$2555/365=$6.84/day
Extended date 07/31/20
Days up from re-opening is 20 or 345 left to use on my tickets
$6.84x345=$2359

My refund was $1231. Am I missing something? Or are they only covering what I paid for the upgrade? It infuriates me that they can't answer these simple questions.
i think you still have one more coming. I was an upgrade and my refund was like you calculated- it was based off the total cost I paid not the portion to upgrade. I had 3, and each one was a refund not a lump refund together. It could even be on the bank’s end that one of the refunds batched thru before the weekend and the other shows up later? I would give it a business day. I was told that if there was a question about my refund amount that I could call then and the calculation would be reviewed with me (obviously agree ridiculous this can’t be explained in advance). Just reassuring you that I thought for sure my upgrade would penalize me and that was not the case.

Not seeing this online yet. Offered thru Disney?

i think you still have one more coming. I was an upgrade and my refund was like you calculated- it was based off the total cost I paid not the portion to upgrade. I had 3, and each one was a refund not a lump refund together. It could even be on the bank’s end that one of the refunds batched thru before the weekend and the other shows up later? I would give it a business day. I was told that if there was a question about my refund amount that I could call then and the calculation would be reviewed with me (obviously agree ridiculous this can’t be explained in advance). Just reassuring you that I thought for sure my upgrade would penalize me and that was not the case.

Thank you so much for the reply... I will keep checking my CC to see if the 2nd one posts soon.

I think this may have been addressed, and I fully expect the answer is no, but I will ask anyway.
We had 4 AP's, still waiting for refunds on the two I cancelled, but I figured those would be delayed.
Had trips in April and July (before re-opening) that were cancelled. DD and I rescheduled for Dec, so I kept out passes.
She is not really wanting to go at this point, with the way things are still going (not so much Disney, but the country). We have not used our passes in exactly 1 year. Original expiration was early September 2020.
Do you think there is any chance they would allow me to cancel our other two for a refund?

We had 9 day hoppers bought from UT which we upgraded to Platinum APs on Oct 28th, 2019 before any use, our first day of our last trip. I intended to sneak in another trip before they expired this Fall. I cancelled that trip and applied for a refund. We just got it, a total of $1,478.82 for the 2 of us.

Bill From PA

I posted way back in May about my situation:

Renewed Gold AP but trip was canceled (May 2020) and so my pass was not activated. The certificates on our account for the APs had an expiration of 2030. My daughter had activated her new pass in January 2020 and they gave her the appropriate extension to May 21,2021.

We had a trip 9/26-10/2 and on 9/26 we(my husband and I) went to guest services at MK to activate our AP renewal certificate. After a few questions with his coworker, the CM said he was going to make our passes like new and they would expire 9/26/2021. I didn't ask for it but I was going to see about paying the difference from the renewal and "new" pass to have my expiration begin on the date activated. So, I got what I wanted without asking and without any OOP expense. This took about 15 minutes total for both of our passes.

I was told today that some refund checks might not be received for another 30-60 days. The CM apologized and explained that each refund is manually processed. That information was provided after placing me on hold, while she checked with someone.

I think this may have been addressed, and I fully expect the answer is no, but I will ask anyway.
We had 4 AP's, still waiting for refunds on the two I cancelled, but I figured those would be delayed.
Had trips in April and July (before re-opening) that were cancelled. DD and I rescheduled for Dec, so I kept out passes.
She is not really wanting to go at this point, with the way things are still going (not so much Disney, but the country). We have not used our passes in exactly 1 year. Original expiration was early September 2020.
Do you think there is any chance they would allow me to cancel our other two for a refund?
I was wondering the same thing. Our original expiration was early September 2020 too. I would also like to figure out how to calculate what our refund ought to be.

My son's and husband's AP refunds came through a couple days ago as a refund to a credit card. (They were park hoppers which had been upgraded to Gold APs at the park.) Yesterday I received a refund check in the mail for my Gold AP which was a renewal made on the same credit card. No idea why I received a check instead of refund to the credit card. I am just glad to have all three refunds complete.

We had two DVC Gold AP that we decided to cancel back in July. Each pass was $648.59. We activated them November 9th. We estimated our refunds would be somewhere around $425 a piece. We had the following refunds hit over the last month:

Aug 24th check for AP #1 for $200.16
Sept 26th check for AP #2 for $200.16
Sept 30th refund to the (closed) original credit card for $463.50 (assuming remaining refund for both passes)

All in we received a $863.82 refund for the two passes. Considering we got several trips out of it it was way more than I thought we'd get. The process, as I'm sure many here will agree, was one of the worst customer service situations I've ever been a part of. Disney, for all their pixie dust, handled it so poorly and really left a sour taste in my mouth.

I bought APs for my niece and her husband for their honeymoon (oct 2019). She called to cancel their APs in early August and was told the refund would go back to my cc. I'm still waiting even though the APs were removed from the app by the end of August. I hope that the refunds are being processed in the order in which they were received as a way to understand why I haven't seen mine yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter